Home

Madden NFL 15: What Worked and What Didn't Work

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: What Worked and What Didn't Work within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-20-2015, 04:13 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 15: What Worked and What Didn't Work

By most standards, Madden NFL 15 was the best game the series had seen in more than five years. It wasn't a giant leap forward, but it cleaned up some legacy issues and didn't introduce more than one or two (user sacks, we're looking at you).

Yet, the game's most noticeable flaw is that we haven't seen that leap forward that Madden so desperately needs. The series fails to take any big chances and the ones it does take aren't particularly loved by consumers.

With that in mind, let's look at Madden NFL 15's big back of the box additions and review what worked and what didn't work for consumers...

Read More - Madden NFL 15: What Worked and What Didn't Work
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2015, 04:15 PM   #2
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0
And most of that wasn't in the current Gen anyway, a fact EA didn't bothering telling anyone.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:42 PM   #3
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 15: What Worked and What Didn't Work

bottom line is this their 3rd game on next gen console. We need to see a leap in this game or you'll be writing a very similar piece next year.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:45 PM   #4
Rookie

The interaction between WR and CB needs improvements or more animations and penalties need to be called a lot more. Offense and Defensive Pass interferences are never called.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:48 PM   #5
Just started!

Am I the only one who thought the blocking in Madden 25 wasn't there this year? I was happy with the holes that were made for the RB last year and the feature was correctly lauded but this year it seems like they almost took it out without telling anybody.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2015, 05:04 PM   #6
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
I've owned every copy of Madden since 1999, but with the lack of being able to use 'real' draft classes, it may just be a series killer for me.

I just can't get excited scouting 'fictional' players, despite their efforts at making those players stay real. I am too much a fan of college football to be scouting fake players to bring into my franchise.

NBA2K allows custom draft classes. If Madden doesn't make strides here, I am likely done with this series--as I hardly touched Madden 15 (also due in part to discovering FIFA, lol).
Old 03-20-2015, 05:15 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kornnickel55
The interaction between WR and CB needs improvements or more animations and penalties need to be called a lot more. Offense and Defensive Pass interferences are never called.
This ^^^. Plus blocking outside is too good, and blocking inside isnt good enough (it has never been). But the passing game is still very unrealistic with every pass being either a bullet or lob. Passes should be ten feet over the linebackers heads, I have never in my life been able to jump up and pick off a pass intended 15 yards downfield. Zack LaVine cant do that, yet every single MLB in Madden can. No back shoulder throws, rare 'true' jump balls, no back of the end zone throws, and unrealistic seam throws. Still. All. These. Years. Later.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:32 PM   #8
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
I agree this is the best Madden in 5 years. I really think if they can touch up their features and even fix up the small details that the game can be good like it was back in the day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »