Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-19-2015, 09:14 PM   #465
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
You started losing so you said the patch sucks. Not exactly the best way to judge a patch. Again it doesn't change 3s from what we know and we were told it only upped open mid range shots. . Don't let your success or lack thereof determine if you like a patch
Looks like you misread my post... This was the most important part: "I can't defend anyone anymore online." Posting my record right before/after the patch was meant as a way of providing context. I'll admit i could've worded it better though, blame it on english being my 3rd language. So to be clear my problem is with attempting to play on ball defense. Maybe it's just me but i feel like i have even less control over my players' movements than before the patch.

Also, i'm not buying that it didn't change 3 point success and from reading most of the posts here it seems like i'm not the only one. I don't mind it that much though, my problem is my newfound inability to play on ball defense. Something i've never had much of a problem with in previous years. I felt it did become more difficult in the ps4 versions 2k14 and 15, as opposed to any game up until 2k14 on ps3, but still i could manage just fine. However now, after the patch, i find myself sliding all over the court.

Basically, in short, i'm not judging the patch on me winning/losing, i'm judging it on the defensive changes. Again, maybe it's just me, maybe i just happened to start sucking at the game out of the blue after 10 years at the exact same time i downloaded the patch but this is my impression. And as requested in op --> "After you download it, let us know what you are seeing." so here we are. I noticed i couldn't defend anyone anymore online so i let them know. If i could explain why i can't defend anymore i would but i can't quite put my finger on it, other than i'm sliding all over the place.

I don't understand why it's so hard to have the movement controls as crisp and responsive as in 2k13. If i'm going left and push right, go right. Don't keep going left for half a second, stop and then SLOWLY start going right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 09:17 PM   #466
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Cool bro. Get your $10 at gamestop. Hope it's totally worth it. Lol.
It will be worth it if he trades it to the right game, like MLB 15 or whatever version is coming out this month.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:43 PM   #467
Rookie

Is there a chance the patch will be released on PC or is the patch console only? Still waiting for my NBA 2K15 to be updated on Steam, but nothing.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:48 PM   #468
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazox
Is there a chance the patch will be released on PC or is the patch console only? Still waiting for my NBA 2K15 to be updated on Steam, but nothing.
It's already out on PC, we got it the same day as PS4. It's significantly smaller though, about 90 megs.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2015, 09:52 PM   #469
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

Quote:
Cool bro. Get your $10 at gamestop. Hope it's totally worth it. Lol.
Who goes to GameStop? Totally not worth it.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:02 PM   #470
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxPHANTOM
Who goes to GameStop? Totally not worth it.
It sells for $30 on ebay. I just bought it for $20 on Craigslist (really a steal, only because I drove to him).

I was just making fun of it. Giving your game to someone else to sell is the lazy way. If you sell your own games, phones, or other items you always make 3x more, even after ebay takes fees, or even after gas on craigslist, etc.

You just gotta be proactive enough to actually put something in the mail with an address, send someone tracking info, and actually care (So you get good feedback)
Old 03-20-2015, 12:25 AM   #471
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
I have never thought a jumper was broken because a green releasecouldn't be achieved. 2k needs to seriously remove this green stuff its messing with out minds. Jason terry and kj McDaniels are only rockets to get a green release on HOF level and I still beat down people in ranked games
Green releases means, for me anyways, that I'm getting the full effect of the assigned rating, and I learned the correct release. I don't like the fact that no matter how often I shoot and how well I know the releases, certain players can't be an offensive threat for me. At the minimum, my highest 3PT shooters should be able to keep the defense honest. I don't like the fact that I'm more than likely to shoot with Rudez who shouldn't be that prominent in my offense.

As the game stands, I don't trust certain players to shoot even when they're wide open. A open Hill or Stuckey should be a no brainer shot attempt, but it's not. It kinda defeats the purpose of creating wide open shots if I'm hesitant to shoot once I get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2015, 01:01 AM   #472
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
It sells for $30 on ebay. I just bought it for $20 on Craigslist (really a steal, only because I drove to him).

I was just making fun of it. Giving your game to someone else to sell is the lazy way. If you sell your own games, phones, or other items you always make 3x more, even after ebay takes fees, or even after gas on craigslist, etc.

You just gotta be proactive enough to actually put something in the mail with an address, send someone tracking info, and actually care (So you get good feedback)
Or you could just buy all your games new to actually support the devs. Game is currently under $20 on Steam, and the devs actually make money since they're selling a new copy rather than a used disk from Gamestop/Craigslist

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »