Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-19-2015, 04:53 PM   #457
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I was just thinking...has anyone thought that the change to shooting percentages and number of green releases was to compensate for the broken jumpers in this game? Being an online Pacers users, I was basically doomed to poor offensive games no matter how well I knew release points and how often I created open shots, because I couldn't get a green release to save my life. Some of you who are complaining about easy shooting were already using maxed out my career players, powerhouse online teams, and My Team which are basically teams of all-star players.

Some teams were unusable in online ranked games due broken shot releases. I spent hours upon hours in the practice mode trying to learn the releases of players, and the player that I use the most for open jumpers is Rudez and Scola. That's a damn shame and crime that I have to rely on bench players to take the final shot just because they're easier to use.

Personally, if this patch allows me to use George Hill, Stuckey, Watson, and Copeland as my 3PT threats and David West's pick and pop game (as it should be) PLUS give me better tools to play defense, then I'm all for this patch.

Real talk, the other game has this same "problem" of "easy" shooting, but I'm having fun though. I can play strong defense while making my opponent pay for lazy defense with open jumpers or a methodical offensive game. I want to do the same in this game like I did in NBA 2K11 for online ranked games.
I have never thought a jumper was broken because a green releasecouldn't be achieved. 2k needs to seriously remove this green stuff its messing with out minds. Jason terry and kj McDaniels are only rockets to get a green release on HOF level and I still beat down people in games

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 03-19-2015, 05:11 PM   #458
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I was just thinking...has anyone thought that the change to shooting percentages and number of green releases was to compensate for the broken jumpers in this game? Being an online Pacers users, I was basically doomed to poor offensive games no matter how well I knew release points and how often I created open shots, because I couldn't get a green release to save my life. Some of you who are complaining about easy shooting were already using maxed out my career players, powerhouse online teams, and My Team which are basically teams of all-star players.

Some teams were unusable in online ranked games due broken shot releases. I spent hours upon hours in the practice mode trying to learn the releases of players, and the player that I use the most for open jumpers is Rudez and Scola. That's a damn shame and crime that I have to rely on bench players to take the final shot just because they're easier to use.

Personally, if this patch allows me to use George Hill, Stuckey, Watson, and Copeland as my 3PT threats and David West's pick and pop game (as it should be) PLUS give me better tools to play defense, then I'm all for this patch.

Real talk, the other game has this same "problem" of "easy" shooting, but I'm having fun though. I can play strong defense while making my opponent pay for lazy defense with open jumpers or a methodical offensive game. I want to do the same in this game like I did in NBA 2K11 for online ranked games.
You are partially right. They increased the open % and they fixed all the glitched shots If you combine both of these you should shoot better because you will see more perfect releases than you would have before, especially if you run plays and play to the strength of your team. They really overcompensated on shooting giving players a field goal percentage that they don't even shoot.

All the users who were having competitive games against the CPU at say SS/Sim are basically coming back and saying SS/Sim is too easy from what I read as far as shooting. I have heard people say they now have to guard players they didn't have to before because of the new open bonus.

I already knew shooting would be easier once they fixed the glitch shots because I was able to do that on my own by fixing shots in the roster prior to 2K fixing the shots after this patch. So all the people that play SS/Sim will have to adjust sliders offline to find a competitive balance offline against the CPU or go to Real FG% or try HOF sim

I have never ever been a real FG% player but that might have to be an option for me.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:37 PM   #459
Rookie

The patch has totally ruined my career for me, some of the problems existed pre patch but now it's even worse. The cpu plays by a completely different set of physics laws to your player. Its just so unrealistic and just...bad. The cpu intercepts far too many passes, they make way too many contested shots, they move WAY quicker than you even with far lower attributes, telepathically move in total unison on defence, they get charging calls even when they are blatantly arriving late, cpu escapes animations at will while user is locked in, user gets magnetised into screens and thrown all over the court, doesn't feel like youre in control most of the time ..it's just feels awful to play. This is just my career where you can't edit sliders mind you. Other modes have their own problems...
Old 03-19-2015, 08:08 PM   #460
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroblackstar
The patch has totally ruined my career for me, some of the problems existed pre patch but now it's even worse. The cpu plays by a completely different set of physics laws to your player. Its just so unrealistic and just...bad. The cpu intercepts far too many passes, they make way too many contested shots, they move WAY quicker than you even with far lower attributes, telepathically move in total unison on defence, they get charging calls even when they are blatantly arriving late, cpu escapes animations at will while user is locked in, user gets magnetised into screens and thrown all over the court, doesn't feel like youre in control most of the time ..it's just feels awful to play. This is just my career where you can't edit sliders mind you. Other modes have their own problems...

I had the charging down pretty good before this last patch, and while the Computer will take charges, I cant buy 1 now since the patch. Definitely frustrating, to have everything about right with sliders, only to have the patch mess it up, IMO the game was great before this last patch.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 03-19-2015, 08:12 PM   #461
Pro

Can't delete the patch, sliders are worthless (even with Real player%).

#GameStop #TradeIn

See all of you in October. #NBA2K16 #TheReturnoftheJedi
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 08:16 PM   #462
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker

#GameStop #TradeIn

http://youtu.be/HTQkiDBcgvI
Old 03-19-2015, 08:28 PM   #463
Banned

WISports's Arena

I think 2K put out a 'not so good' patch on purpose, so in the future we'll think twice before yelling for a patch.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:06 PM   #464
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker

#GameStop #TradeIn

Cool bro. Get your $10 at gamestop. Hope it's totally worth it. Lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »