Home

For Better or Worse, The Show is in the Details

This is a discussion on For Better or Worse, The Show is in the Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-19-2015, 01:01 PM   #17
Rookie

mrdannymartinez's Arena

OVR: 0
Great article! Job well done by the author.

The Show truly has been the most consistently above average sports gaming franchise. Year after year they deliver a solid product that accurately resembles the actual real-life sport. Some may complain that there isn't enough novel additions to the game but honestly, it is hard to drastically change something that is so good and true to the game.

I guess the one thing they need to refresh is the commentary, but even that is still above average.

Either way, great job all around!
Old 03-19-2015, 01:41 PM   #18
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

They still haven't figured out how to open and close domed stadiums? Also, what happened to the four different umpire crews with each one of them having a name and their own specific strike zone? And why did they get rid of the rosin bag on the mound? With all the stadium upgrades, why don't they ever change the LED advertisement boards around the stadium? And why does the organ or hype music abruptly stops after the pitcher is ready? With all that said, I still love this game. Just commenting on some little things missing or taken out of the game.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:07 PM   #19
Rookie

I'm excited about the licensed equipment even though I'm on PS3 and it'll just be for a ratings boost.
New Trade logic, it gets boring ripping other teams off.
The radio show seems really interesting.
The different handshakes they mentioned, individual or team orientated.
The new pitch breaks. Glad every pitcher has their own pitch breaks instead of being similar generic like previously.

This will be the first time I've bought the Show when it'szx released since 12, and the first one I've bought since 13. So hopefully It'll be something I'd like playing throughout the season
Old 03-19-2015, 02:10 PM   #20
Rookie

This game is going to be fantastic as always. I watched some of the streams, but I can't wait to see how everything looks on my tv when I start it up.

I'm very interested to see the new tag animation system in action. I don't remember really seeing it or hearing the devs talk about it. Along with that, the new ball physics and outfielder routes will be a nice update. Playing CF for over 10 years, it's weirdly uncomfortable to watch an outfielder run up and take a 100mph screamer on a short hop and never make an error on the bounce (cups IMHO cause more harm than good diving for a ball).

Can't wait for the 31st!
Old 03-19-2015, 02:11 PM   #21
Banned

jergiants's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
They still haven't figured out how to open and close domed stadiums? Also, what happened to the four different umpire crews with each one of them having a name and their own specific strike zone? And why did they get rid of the rosin bag on the mound? With all the stadium upgrades, why don't they ever change the LED advertisement boards around the stadium? And why does the organ or hype music abruptly stops after the pitcher is ready? With all that said, I still love this game. Just commenting on some little things missing or taken out of the game.
They said open and closed domes are on their list for the future. The different umpires and their tendencies are still there. I'm pretty sure the rosin bag is still there. They don't change the stadium unless the stadium changes in real life. The music stops before the pitcher pitches because that's what happens in baseball games, to not distract the pitcher or batter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 02:28 PM   #22
Banned

This will be a wait-and-see for me. Not enough work done in areas of concern for me. Others like game gear and licensed stuff, I am looking for realistic game play / animations.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:43 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: For Better or Worse, The Show is in the Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I would just like to see more misplayed balls in the OF, different error animations, and throws that are more random.
Last night in an MoM Spring Training game, my left and center fielders both misplayed separate line drives and because they both failed to catch the ball and instead allowed it to squirt to the fence on both plays, I gave up not 1 but 2 inside the park home runs in the same inning. I saw enough misplayed balls in one inning, I don't need to see anymore for a least a few games.

Oh and this was all in MLB 14. This year's game should even be better.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:07 PM   #24
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

Re: For Better or Worse, The Show is in the Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I still feel the game is too scripted at times, but I do feel the game comes pretty close to replicating baseball well.

I would just like to see more misplayed balls in the OF, different error animations, and throws that are more random. I haven't noticed the new tag system in any of the videos I've watched so far, so I'm still interested to see how that plays out, too.

I'm pumped for the changes with contracts and the offseason, though. Should make it much more realistic when putting a team together.
Really? This is the big leagues not a beer league, it's bad enough someone like adam Jones in the game would misplay a routiner, these need to be put to a halt. More varied throws from the outfield makes sense though

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »