Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-19-2015, 10:51 AM   #433
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxPHANTOM
That's exactly the point. Offline and online are two different gameplay experiences. You can't act like they are the same and fix both of them when offline didn't need to be fixed with perfect releases. Pre-patch any offline user that complained shots were too difficult had sliders to up their shooting percentage. Now people are struggling to lower them.
When patches are done that affects both, they are fixed across the entire board. That's the way it has always been, that's the way it always will be. Thing is, offline users can manipulate their game through sliders and difficulty, while online users can't. Most offline people complaining refuse to get off that easy *** Superstar setting, so their complaints mean nothing. Like I said before, even prior to the patch, I couldn't play on Superstar without severely dialing back my play in order to get a decent challenge.

Online users that complain simply aren't as good of defenders as they thought they were, relying on a terrible shooting system that truly needed work, and are simply allowing more open shots that are falling. Considering fully contested shots drop at a much lower frequency as before, that is definitely the case.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:57 AM   #434
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
The tired old tried and tested. Firstly, beef09 (may I call you beef?) is complaining about the game being easy, when he's not even playing on the highest difficulty, so that negates his point/mini rant before it even began.

Then Luke jumps in with the cliched go to defence for anyone that now has had to move a few sliders around. The fact the developers have admitted to having to fix the shooting, tells you where this game was.

It was absolutely horrible (IMO) to play MyCareer. I had a maxed out SF, that only took wide open jumpshots because nothing would fall. I was shooting under 30%.

I also have a big, that could never make layups with anyone around him, despite also having maxed out appropriate attributes. If they've fixed a few things for mycareer then great, because it was a weird game to play, and not in a fun way either. Balls teleporting everywhere body mass being unimportant to the cpu who just pass and reach through it constantly. Ridiculous crab walk animations, broken shooting, crazy dunk animations resulting in throwing the ball across the court etc. Just strange, baffling stuff.

I'm sure if Ronnie or Chris took up a community challenge to stream a season of My Career on HoF, then lots of this game wold be fixed pretty quickly, because it was horrible. Personally, I can take all the crazy stuff happening, but when I commit enough time and effort to play enough games to get my attributes to a 97/98/99, and I'm still missing the same shots I was when I was a 75 overall, then there was no reward.

It's not about casual players, because most casual players are are hesitation move left and right and shooting at the park, rather than trying to contribute to the improvement of the game, not just now, but for 2k16/17/18.

Before this patch, I'd said to myself I'd give it till 2k16, but if that was the same game again, then I'd be finished with it. I was just putting too much time in for so little reward (personal enjoyment), and it was almost like a chore playing it, even though I'm addicted to playing this pretty much all free time I have.

Regardless of the type of gamer you are, be it casual, serious, or pure sim, everyone has the right to find enjoyment in a game that can show glimpses of brilliance.

The game after this patch is better all round, so if you have to tweak a few sliders to get your game back to where you want it, then so be it. Anyone who's played MC hasn't had that luxury.

I feel sympathy with 2k here (I'd never thought I'd ever think that), but whatever they do they can't win. The casual player market is bigger than the sim market, so they have to try and strike a balance.
This.everyone has their own experience with this wonderful patch. i have some great defender on my team, but not defending at all. have great rebounderz but not rebounding at all. nothing else bothers me with patch#4 because i don't play online.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:06 AM   #435
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
When patches are done that affects both, they are fixed across the entire board. That's the way it has always been, that's the way it always will be. Thing is, offline users can manipulate their game through sliders and difficulty, while online users can't. Most offline people complaining refuse to get off that easy *** Superstar setting, so their complaints mean nothing. Like I said before, even prior to the patch, I couldn't play on Superstar without severely dialing back my play in order to get a decent challenge.

Online users that complain simply aren't as good of defenders as they thought they were, relying on a terrible shooting system that truly needed work, and are simply allowing more open shots that are falling. Considering fully contested shots drop at a much lower frequency as before, that is definitely the case.
I'm on XBone, so I can't say. But what I'm reading is people haven't been able to get realistic shooting percentages offline through slider adjustments post patch.

Can anyone out there say they are getting good user and CPU shooting percentages offline post patch? If so, at what difficulty rating and with what slider adjustments? Also, please say whether you typically play on ball defense or not.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 11:28 AM   #436
Banned

I'm pretty sure that dunking has been nerfed again. I was playing late last night and was dunking on people, I had a mini-update return to the main screen notice earlier today. I've played 4 games since then and I'm getting kicked out of dunking animations constantly by little guys all over again. Also seen a (not so) triumphant return of the stupid throwing it across the court dunking animation, and an uptick in that crazy walking animation (not the crab one) where your myplayer just decides to walk into the opposition players and turn the ball over and you can do nothing with the controller to stop it.

So my advice to the moaners is keep going, you'll have the shooting broken again before the week is over at this rate.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:53 AM   #437
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Suggestion for 2K:

1) Have your guys type notes every time they adjust/correct something for a patch.
2) Collect those notes.
3) You have patch notes ready to go when first-party approval hits.

How is this such a struggle? Every other kind of software update (apps on App Store, operating systems, etc.) tell you exactly what is being corrected before you download it.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Kings / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
XBox: MizzouRhino
Old 03-19-2015, 12:11 PM   #438
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Suggestion for 2K:

1) Have your guys type notes every time they adjust/correct something for a patch.
2) Collect those notes.

How is this such a struggle? Every other kind of software update (apps on App Store, operating systems, etc.) tell you exactly what is being corrected before you download it.
Takes to much time to copy /paste into this forum and posting myteam pack discounts and shoe updates on Twitter is easier

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 03-19-2015, 12:23 PM   #439
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Has the XB1 patch dropped yet?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 03-19-2015, 12:32 PM   #440
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Suggestion for 2K:

2) Collect those notes.

Yes. Patch notes would certainly eliminate all of the guessing. It's like starting over, slider-wise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »