Home

For Better or Worse, The Show is in the Details

This is a discussion on For Better or Worse, The Show is in the Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-19-2015, 10:14 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
For Better or Worse, The Show is in the Details

If there has been a theme to the recent MLB 15: The Show live streams, it's that the development team is focused on the details. From skin tones to lighting, the new additions reinforce the idea that The Show is a series which gets a lot of the "little things" right.

There's a dual danger to this approach though, albeit one mitigated by Sony San Diego's commitment to a deep and transparent marketing strategy: ****** users may miss these minute improvements, while long time fans can find plenty of details that are still missing.

Read More - For Better or Worse, The Show is in the Details
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 10:25 AM   #2
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: For Better or Worse, The Show is in the Details

I just enjoy baseball and the " Show " and what ever they have done to this years version I applaud and give kudos. For me licensed equipment is a awesome addition and the rest is gravy.Everything in life has flaws and I myself I don't dwell on the minor/small stuff the whole package inclusive is good enough for me. Thanks San Diego Studios on another great year to come.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Last edited by BSUFAN; 03-19-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:43 AM   #3
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1

The Show is the game I look forward to most every year. Baseball is my #1 sport so that makes sense, but I still feel so impressed year in year out, even if certain things haven't been updated or improved upon.

The lighting and real sunlight is a given with how amazing it looks.

What I am most excited about in regards to improvements is the ability to see more fielding animations which I have already seen many new ones from the streams.

Also, the new pitch breaks for every pitcher looks great. I think it will really make facing each pitcher more of a challenge or less depending on who it is. I think facing a Kershaw CB will be hard to lay off but maybe not Joe Nobodys CB.

I am bummed with the old pure analog being taken out but I'll adjust and go from there.

Nice work SCEA
Old 03-19-2015, 10:55 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

I love the little, but huge tweak of pbp now saying pitch counts on almost every pitch!!! It's amazing how such a small detail can make a big difference!
Old 03-19-2015, 11:00 AM   #5
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Little (and some not-so-little) things I'm looking forward to:
- lighting updates
- more & contextually realistic fielding animations
- new pitch breaks
- adjusted fielder/base runner speed formulas
- improved off-the-bat fly ball velocities
- Franchise trade, budget and free agent logic improvements (we'll have to wait and see how much improvement has been made.)
- the addition of performance factors to progression/regression

The licensed equipment, tweaked and expanded commentary, updated Diamond Dynasty, new menus, etc are all very welcomed and appreciated, but they are lower on my list of things I'm looking forward to seeing/using.

11 more days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 11:01 AM   #6
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I am a baseball player and travel coach first and foremost. With that angle it is so easy for me to appreciate MLB The Show year in and year out. Because on the field they have consistently out done the previous version with so many little things.

1. Ball physics - The single most important and evolving feature IMO. The game has felt more and more real to me because of the way the ball behaves. It looks and feels very realistic. I play ball almost every day (yeah still do it oh my aching muscles!). This part of the game keeps me coming back for more. Hit variety has gotten better and better since MLB 11 and then on 12 with the introduction of ball physics 1.0

2. Batter/Pitcher showdown - the heart and soul of any console baseball game. MLB The Show nailed this and continues to nail this aspect. Baseball is the ultimate game of anticipation. Nothing is better than facing down a big stick and getting them to chase a pitch low and away for a huge strike out. Nothing get's me more pumped than than having my best hitter at the plate, down 0-2 in the count and working it back to 3-2 and then launching a HR into the bleachers. This part of the game is supreme. No game does it better than The Show.

3. Atmosphere - every year it's get's better and better and better.

4. Controls/interfaces/options - The ultimate game of options and finding a combo you love to play with. Is there any sports game that has built upon their foundation of control options like The Show?

This season we are getting a host of franchise improvements with the trade finder, contract handbook, radio show, better broadcast aspects, well over a 1000 new lines of play by play, GM goals...they keep making an already rich and deep franchise mode even better.

In a nutshell this team understands how to keep it's core intact and build out a game. Adding layers to already successful layers. Great communication and responsiveness to their hard core fans. What more could you want. Well OK...closing roofs and historical stats (important aspects of baseball big time)....and I know we will get it all this console cycle. I know they will keep enhancing and improving an already AAA title.

12 more days!!!!
Madden 21 (PS5)
NBA 2K24 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-19-2015, 11:02 AM   #7
Rookie

Inside the Show radio has my attention as well,can't wait to hear about my franchise from Mlb 14 carry over to Mlb 15 will sound
Old 03-19-2015, 11:03 AM   #8
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Looking forward to the licensed equipment and revamped Diamond Dynasty

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »