Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-19-2015, 10:04 AM   #425
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

It blows my mind that offline users want 2KSports to do everything for them. You all have the damn ability to edit the game to your liking. Stop being lazy and use the tools available to you. If you're still lazy, then there are dedicated FORUMS where you can download your choice of sliders and rosters based on the difficulty you play on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 10:10 AM   #426
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

My experience with the patch on ss sim myleague is the lack of defense and the cpu hitting everything. even guys that are not great shooters give them a little space and they will nail it. it's a slug fest and games weren't looking like simulation basketball. I'm holding off myleague until patch notes.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:11 AM   #427
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
It blows my mind that offline users want 2KSports to do everything for them. You all have the damn ability to edit the game to your liking. Stop being lazy and use the tools available to you. If you're still lazy, then there are dedicated FORUMS where you can download your choice of sliders and rosters based on the difficulty you play on.

I'm merely asking for a way to delete a patch. Nothing more. Regardless, thanks for the pep talk.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:21 AM   #428
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Ya, we were talking about just giving us the option to delete a patch. That's all. Pretty simple. And I DID edit the game to my liking and that is the whole point. Why don't you READ what people say before making an uneducated ignorant remark. Really makes you look like the dumb one.

Now, back to slider hell.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:26 AM   #429
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef09
this patch is bull****. ihave on superstar and pokes slider fg% 65%.
its to easy. what the **** 2k?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
The Casuals took over
The tired old tried and tested. Firstly, beef09 (may I call you beef?) is complaining about the game being easy, when he's not even playing on the highest difficulty, so that negates his point/mini rant before it even began.

Then Luke jumps in with the cliched go to defence for anyone that now has had to move a few sliders around. The fact the developers have admitted to having to fix the shooting, tells you where this game was.

It was absolutely horrible (IMO) to play MyCareer. I had a maxed out SF, that only took wide open jumpshots because nothing would fall. I was shooting under 30%.

I also have a big, that could never make layups with anyone around him, despite also having maxed out appropriate attributes. If they've fixed a few things for mycareer then great, because it was a weird game to play, and not in a fun way either. Balls teleporting everywhere body mass being unimportant to the cpu who just pass and reach through it constantly. Ridiculous crab walk animations, broken shooting, crazy dunk animations resulting in throwing the ball across the court etc. Just strange, baffling stuff.

I'm sure if Ronnie or Chris took up a community challenge to stream a season of My Career on HoF, then lots of this game wold be fixed pretty quickly, because it was horrible. Personally, I can take all the crazy stuff happening, but when I commit enough time and effort to play enough games to get my attributes to a 97/98/99, and I'm still missing the same shots I was when I was a 75 overall, then there was no reward.

It's not about casual players, because most casual players are are hesitation move left and right and shooting at the park, rather than trying to contribute to the improvement of the game, not just now, but for 2k16/17/18.

Before this patch, I'd said to myself I'd give it till 2k16, but if that was the same game again, then I'd be finished with it. I was just putting too much time in for so little reward (personal enjoyment), and it was almost like a chore playing it, even though I'm addicted to playing this pretty much all free time I have.

Regardless of the type of gamer you are, be it casual, serious, or pure sim, everyone has the right to find enjoyment in a game that can show glimpses of brilliance.

The game after this patch is better all round, so if you have to tweak a few sliders to get your game back to where you want it, then so be it. Anyone who's played MC hasn't had that luxury.

I feel sympathy with 2k here (I'd never thought I'd ever think that), but whatever they do they can't win. The casual player market is bigger than the sim market, so they have to try and strike a balance.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:30 AM   #430
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
So according to some of you guys, 2k should just butcher shooting again (if a patch comes, shooting will be even WORSE than pre-patch 4), so they can appease a few people? Uh, no.

But you know what? I hope they DO patch it, this time making shooting as a whole even WORSE than the 3-pointer patch in 2k11 (or might've been 12). And I KNOW long timers remember THAT one.
Look, the shooting is okay. It's the user timing green/perfect releases that make user timing terrible right now.

Beluba said

"The shot heuristics are pretty complex but at a basic level, pre-patch the numbers looked something like this for a decent shooter at mid-range:
Wide open = 45%
Fully Contested = 35%
Heavily Contested = 10%

That's why many people complained that "being open" didn't really matter much, and they were right. Post-patch, that same shooter is now:
Wide open = 60%
Fully Contested = 20%
Heavily Contested = 10%"

There is no problem with bumping shooting, that is easily fixable with sliders. The problem is they bumped the user timing so almost every open shot is a perfect release now. I can get a perfect release on 7/10 of my shots offline, whether mid range or 3 point post patch. Pre-patch I would maybe get an average of 2/10 on every 10 shots I took. That's a huge difference, and a thing that looks like sliders cannot fix if you are playing with user timing.

This is the real reason why people are complaining. Even lowering your shooting sliders or bumping the difficulty doesn't help with the fact that you get perfect releases majority of the time. It makes the shooting section sliders irrelevant now.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:36 AM   #431
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxPHANTOM
Look, the shooting is okay. It's the user timing green/perfect releases that make user timing terrible right now.

Beluba said

"The shot heuristics are pretty complex but at a basic level, pre-patch the numbers looked something like this for a decent shooter at mid-range:
Wide open = 45%
Fully Contested = 35%
Heavily Contested = 10%

That's why many people complained that "being open" didn't really matter much, and they were right. Post-patch, that same shooter is now:
Wide open = 60%
Fully Contested = 20%
Heavily Contested = 10%"

There is no problem with bumping shooting, that is easily fixable with sliders. The problem is they bumped the user timing so almost every open shot is a perfect release now. I can get a perfect release on 7/10 of my shots offline, whether mid range or 3 point post patch. Pre-patch I would maybe get an average of 2/10 on every 10 shots I took. That's a huge difference, and a thing that looks like sliders cannot fix if you are playing with user timing.

This is the real reason why people are complaining. Even lowering your shooting sliders or bumping the difficulty doesn't help with the fact that you get perfect releases majority of the time. It makes the shooting section sliders irrelevant now.
You ever think that people actually always knew the shot releases, but are now getting more green releases because they don't have to compensate for lag as much anymore? Prior to the patch, I could get tons of green releases offline, but soon as I got in the Rec, I barely got two a game, because of the terrible lag that plagued it. Ever think that might be the case?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 10:39 AM   #432
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
You ever think that people actually always knew the shot releases, but are now getting more green releases because they don't have to compensate for lag as much anymore? Prior to the patch, I could get tons of green releases offline, but soon as I got in the Rec, I barely got two a game, because of the terrible lag that plagued it. Ever think that might be the case?
That's exactly the point. Offline and online are two different gameplay experiences. You can't act like they are the same and fix both of them when offline didn't need to be fixed with perfect releases. Pre-patch any offline user that complained shots were too difficult had sliders to up their shooting percentage. Now people are struggling to lower them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »