Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-18-2015, 11:44 AM   #209
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day

I'm not sure how easily I could change from Zone to Directional. I've been playing Zone forever and I think it would be pretty hard for me to try to not hit the ball where it is going rather than pointing in the direction I want the ball to go. Also pretty sure I would be be aiming up for the fences all the time with directional instead of just trying to make good contact. Just don't see me using directional hitting.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Nashville Predators
Old 03-18-2015, 01:08 PM   #210
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
I'm not sure how easily I could change from Zone to Directional. I've been playing Zone forever and I think it would be pretty hard for me to try to not hit the ball where it is going rather than pointing in the direction I want the ball to go. Also pretty sure I would be be aiming up for the fences all the time with directional instead of just trying to make good contact. Just don't see me using directional hitting.
I use zone and at the event my biggest challenge was to try to stay the course for the type of hit I wanted to produce. I kept wanting to move the left stick to where the ball was in the strike zone. It takes some getting used to if you are strictly a zone player.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:18 PM   #211
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I use zone and at the event my biggest challenge was to try to stay the course for the type of hit I wanted to produce. I kept wanting to move the left stick to where the ball was in the strike zone. It takes some getting used to if you are strictly a zone player.
yeah, that's what I'm thinking. How well do you think it produced the result you wanted? Like if you wanted to hit a ball in the air to right field (up and to the right I suppose), did you think you got that result most of the time? Or did you see results that were totally different, like a grounder to 3rd base when you wanted right field? I imagine a lot of it has to do with the pitch and your timing, but when those two things are good, did you get the result you wanted the majority of the time?

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2015, 01:52 PM   #212
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
yeah, that's what I'm thinking. How well do you think it produced the result you wanted? Like if you wanted to hit a ball in the air to right field (up and to the right I suppose), did you think you got that result most of the time? Or did you see results that were totally different, like a grounder to 3rd base when you wanted right field? I imagine a lot of it has to do with the pitch and your timing, but when those two things are good, did you get the result you wanted the majority of the time?
What I did like about the system is it not being a total overriding force. Timing, pitch type, location player attributes have input on the result. It did feel satisfying when the different factors lined up getting your desired result. I also found that you can over compensate using this system by pulling balls foul where normally they would be fair. A lot of that depends on the hitter's push/pull tendencies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »