Home

Implementing a Better Spring Training in MLB: The Show

This is a discussion on Implementing a Better Spring Training in MLB: The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-16-2015, 11:00 PM   #65
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Implementing a Better Spring Training in MLB: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Here is the full conversation:

So make whatever conclusions you want. But the substitution issue has been fixed in MLB 15.
Based on the threads topic, we are seeking a reasonable spring training experience. I feel like they don't think that is important enough to give that to us, which they have unapologetically established a new pattern of doing. Stripping and easing elements out of the game they feel aren't valuable enough for them. I can understand the business side of what decisions they have to consider, but at the same now we have the issue of spring training remaining unimproved for almost a decade up to now and with no upgrade in sight, just one among other issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2015, 11:32 PM   #66
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by @legendm0de
Spring Training has had the same issue since I began playing this game at 16, i'm 21 now and as of 2014 they made it even worse, by not programming the cpu to even make substitutions at all. They haven't even thought about fixing/improving it. I even own MLB 06 and I'm sure the AI is the same there if I bothered to look. No other sports title I play even has this issue with their preseasons, NHL, FIFA, Madden, NBA from all that I know all resemble some form of preseason and some games are more effective than others. Spring Training is too important a stage of the season for some teams/players to be (now fully) neglected. As I mentioned, they've for some reason decided to dumb it down even further on next gen. It shouldn't even take a forum of people to raise this issue, you would think it's gotten addressed already.

Rule of the day = If it's not important or popular enough (in their opinion) they'll remove it or ease it out from the game completely.

do you play spring training, anyone who does has a reason to be miserable at times. but more to my point, this franchise has been making a series of "neglectful" decisions over the last couple of years. My criticism is warranted, not sour grapes, even though I know its daring to critique this franchise because it's easy to get blinded with what things they do provide.

Haha...okay.

Have a good day.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-17-2015, 12:01 AM   #67
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Haha...okay.

Have a good day.

M.K.
Knight165
Maybe you've had a different spring training experience than the rest of us.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:11 AM   #68
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Maybe you've had a different spring training experience than the rest of us.
In what respect?
That's a rather broad statement.

You mentioned....it's had the same issue since it's inception.
What issue is that?

You also mentioned that if they "don't care" about something...they remove it.
Can you elaborate? What have they removed that leads you to say this?

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-17-2015, 01:32 AM   #69
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
In what respect?
That's a rather broad statement.

You mentioned....it's had the same issue since it's inception.
What issue is that?

You also mentioned that if they "don't care" about something...they remove it.
Can you elaborate? What have they removed that leads you to say this?

M.K.
Knight165
Well I'm certainly not just making this up, I'm only echoing what I've seen written and posted on this forum alone by game officials. This philosophy of removing from the game what players might find important because it's not valuable to enough people.
That's a very narrow minded way of making decisions, for me.

Spring Training has always been pretty poor, with the least accurately managed AI I've played of any games preseason and remaining unimproved, unchanged every season. In the past, they did implement a certain position battle feature for ST to spice it up, only to remove for reasons I can only guess as to why. Spring Training, is almost dreadful to play while at the same inevitably it's one of the most important times of the year to nail down your 25 man roster or just evaluate players in general as the mode is intended. Seems not to be a death-defying thing to accomplish but remains ignored.

Spoiler

It's been said here before, that their point of giving spring training to users was for them to basically selective have a month of games to play and learn the controls until they were tired of it and ready to play real games. That's a passable excuse back in 2006 but it's inexcusable now and has been for a long time. There's alot, obviously, that goes into the way Spring Training is managed in and out of games, and this series is no where near satisfying any of that.

At the same time, EANHL has had the deepest preseason options I've ever seen, FIFA and all other sports titles has put a reasonably good effort into preseason modes. Madden has always put effort into preseason, but baseball which has the most relevant preseason of any sport can't deliver.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:40 AM   #70
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Well I'm certainly not just making this up, I'm only echoing what I've seen written and posted on this forum alone by game officials. This philosophy of removing from the game what players might find important because it's not valuable to enough people.

Spring Training has always been pretty poor, with the least accurately managed AI I've played of any games preseason and remaining unimproved, unchanged every season. In the past, they did implement a certain position battle feature for ST to spice it up, only to remove for reasons I can only guess as to why. Spring Training, is almost dreadful to play while at the same inevitably it's one of the most important times of the year to nail down your 25 man roster or just evaluate players in general as the mode is intended. Seems not to be a death-defying thing to accomplish but remains ignored.

Spoiler

It's been said here before, that their point of giving spring training to users was for them to basically selective have a month of games to play and learn the controls until they were tired of it and ready to play real games. That's a passable excuse back in 2006 but it's inexcusable now and has been for a long time. There's alot, obviously, that goes into the way Spring Training is managed in and out of games, and this series is no where near satisfying any of that.

At the same time, EANHL has had the deepest preseason options I've ever seen, FIFA and all other sports titles has put a reasonably good effort into preseason modes. Madden has always put effort into preseason, but baseball which has the most relevant preseason of any sport can't deliver.
You didn't really answer his questions. People have stated the substitution issues are fixed (BTW, Madden has equally poor substitution issues in Pre-season and provides nothing substantial.. I haven't played FIFA or NHL).

You only mentioned position battles as something that was in and subsequently removed. If that's your only example.. one occurrence does not make a philosophy as you are claiming.

I certainly think Spring Training could be improved upon, but I seriously doubt they will remove it because some (maybe most) people don't play it.

Watch me play video games
Old 03-17-2015, 02:05 AM   #71
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

Spoiler

And yet you still didnt tell us what they have taken out of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 07:14 AM   #72
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
because it costs money to license the individual ballparks.

The teams don't own the ballparks.
well if that is the case put in as many generic stadiums as needed to make it realistic. two stadiums per state is boring to say the least...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »