Home

MLB 15 The Show Stream - Licensed Equipment, Universal Rewards & Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Stream - Licensed Equipment, Universal Rewards & Diamond Dynasty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-16-2015, 08:26 PM   #433
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Stream - Licensed Equipment, Universal Rewards & Diamond Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Waste of memory since the differences will not be noticeable in-game is what he said
That is what I would think, but opinion of course. I think it could be noticeable, especially if you could choose the bat length.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:36 PM   #434
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 15 The Show Stream - Licensed Equipment, Universal Rewards & Diamond Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Waste of memory since the differences will not be noticeable in-game is what he said
Hey hey winner winner
Old 03-16-2015, 09:37 PM   #435
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Hey hey winner winner
Russell since the game is done, what can we expect from Mlb the show 18?

I kid, congrats on another year well done
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 11:35 AM   #436
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Well if a third party made a MLB game it would be multiplat, at least XBO and PS4. But your assessment is correct I feel on why there is no competition for The Show. The market just isn't very large for MLB video games right now.

Even MLB 2k13 sold around 400k copies on X360, while MLB 13 sold around 650k.

That isn't a gigantic gap when you consider The Show is considered the vastly better product.

Even if EA put out an MVP baseball that was better than The Show and on multiple platforms, it just doesn't have a pool of customers large enough to make it a worth while investment. You have to bet hard that there are a lot of MLB fans that want a game, but cannot purchase one due to not owning a Sony console.

But, I hope we do someday see the return of MVP. It's just...what would it even be, could they even come close to what MVP 2005 was? Even then 2K and EA were battling it out for sales as 2K5 and MVP 2005 both sold well on PS2.
Yeah so right around a Million copies to split for MLB sales while NBA was almost around 5 million give or take so yeah its pretty obvious why Ea choose the NBA game.

Now others have talked about the demise of sports games and IMO with all this 100% sim stuff games push in their programming today they have lost a huge amount of the ****** gamer market so another fine line between sim and fun .

Im not saying its the only reason but if you read the online reviews at Gamefaqs or even Amazon they seem to want real interaction and rewards like a video game and not always a roll of the dice so to say .
Old 03-17-2015, 02:54 PM   #437
Rookie

OVR: 0

I always thought EA or 2k or somebody should make a hall of fame series (games for baseball, football and basketball). Fill them with legendary players and classic stadiums. Have objectives to reenact remarkable feats in sports history. Tons of flavor from sport's history (interesting trivia, amazing replays, sports milestones) I'm sure it would cost several boat loads but it was always a wish of mine.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:20 PM   #438
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
MLB 15 The Show Stream - Licensed Equipment, Universal Rewards & Diamond Dynasty

I'm still hoping for The Bigs 3

Last edited by LastActionHero; 03-17-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:14 PM   #439
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
I always thought EA or 2k or somebody should make a hall of fame series (games for baseball, football and basketball). Fill them with legendary players and classic stadiums. Have objectives to reenact remarkable feats in sports history. Tons of flavor from sport's history (interesting trivia, amazing replays, sports milestones) I'm sure it would cost several boat loads but it was always a wish of mine.
Yeah just not worth the risk and these days things gotta make money look at 2k All Pro football as an example but its nice to dream and how did we ever get 7 MLB games in one year man the good ol days are gone ...
Old 03-17-2015, 07:23 PM   #440
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »