Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-16-2015, 05:16 PM   #313
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballstreet2k
The more I play 2K15, the more it looks like they just put out Patch 2 with a fix for the regression issue. People just shoot better because they got used to the nerfed shooting of patch 3.

I dunno, but this may be true. If only because the shooting percentages went back to the way they were. When I started, teams were shooting 60% in MC sometimes... and I don't wanna hear anything about playing D. Then it was less than 50. Keep in mind, I never leave people open. They get open, though. The computer staggers more. You can cross someone and step back and make an 'open' jumper' and the computer will lose the computer. So, in order to avoid these high shooting games, you have to play D on every breakdown. Well, we all know the computer is great with their jump passing so it's like feeding them a teammate grade when you move. I think it can be done sometimes, but for a whole game... no.

Also, dudes jump differently for rebounds, I think. Which is good. But in terms of misses, I went from 30+ rebs per game on my bigs and 15 on my SG to more like 20 and 5. Not saying other people are getting these boards, either. It seems to me that there are that many more made shots. Good or bad? I dunno.

-Smak
Old 03-16-2015, 06:21 PM   #314
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxPHANTOM
It was tweaked. Pre patch almost every player 28 and up would go down -3,-4, or -5 points. Now it's different. You rarely see players lose -5 points. There are even some players that are in their 30s and they go up by +1. Injuries seem to play a role in rating loss. If a guy misses half the season because of injury, he will perhaps drop -2 or -3 at any age. Still, this doesn't happen every time. The tweak made regression much more better and realistic. Players will still regress, but at a realistic pace. You won't see players like Dwade overall 73 or lower after two/three seasons.

Also, not just shooting sliders need to be changed but more or less all sliders. It was a complete gameplay haul, not just shooting was affected.
Thanks for the heads up on the sliders, guess I'll get back in the lab to find what I had before the patch. Sucks because games were competitive and playing just the way I liked it. But getting rid of unrealistic regression will be worth it.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:54 PM   #315
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Just got back from a work trip and fired up 2K15 but when I checked for an update, it said I already had the latest version installed. If I had the PS4 in standby mode, would it have automatically updated the game (I have a digital copy)?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2015, 06:56 PM   #316
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

You could've made it DL... get the app on your phone too if you can to start DLs
Old 03-16-2015, 07:18 PM   #317
Banned

Webbie2689's Arena

Still no patch notes? lawl
Old 03-16-2015, 07:35 PM   #318
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
The last patch is great. I play hof sim online 12 min quarters and everything is very realistic to me. Shooting was horrible before the patch with the shot glitches. Now you have to play good defense. Its up to beds to give out realistic ratings. But an 80 rated shooter should hit open shots consistently.

I have seen people (post patch) score 70 pts in a 12 min hof sim online game. I have seen people score 80 or 90. I have also seen people go for 120. These things all happen irl. Its on you to play defense, just like real life. There is a reason why people shoot a lower percentage vs. Golden state then they do vs. The sac kings.

If you play defense and contest shots then scores will be realistic. If you giving up wide open shots to good shooters then unrealistic defense leads to unrealistic offense.

Great job 2k hands down the best sports game ever.
Basically you like the skill part of the game removed

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 03-16-2015, 08:11 PM   #319
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbie2689
Still no patch notes? lawl

Lmao for some reason, I feel that 2k won't release patch notes until an Xbox patch is released so we can't complain about what we don't know we're missing out on 😂😂.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2015, 08:19 PM   #320
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

Hot news just in:After update servers still trash. Achilles heel of an otherwise great game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »