Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-16-2015, 02:51 PM   #305
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Any information regarding when this patch will be available for Xbox One?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2015, 03:05 PM   #306
Pro

Lagoa's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitolrf
Seen this on Mike Wang's Twitter

https://twitter.com/Beluba/status/577508054570139648

"Basically open shots were boosted and covered shots were dropped, so it's important to contest everything now or you'll see some high %s."

So before everyone claims shot are too easy, re-evaluate the defense that is being played.
Sorry Mike, but this is not realistic...

In real life some players have a wide open shots for all game and not made even 70% of this.

For default sliders in HOF now, wide open = + 90% made! This is not cool.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:47 PM   #307
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
@nova91 I play mostly quick games, but also MyGM and MyTeam.

Superstar\Sim just doesn't feel right to me right now, can't put my finger on it....Superstar\Default honestly feels a lot better, That's where I've had my best games post patch....It's weird. I'll have to get some more games in.

I'll tell you one thing, I had my 5th annual 2k tourney this weekend and the HOF user vs. user matches were great! Probably the best one yet.
I'm glad you point out superstar/Sim!!

I'd like to share my opinion on certain issues on this level and above that needs to be pointed out. and to see what mode are we really playing?

#1 The cpu doesn't understand there's defense in these games.
#2 The cpu doesn't understand they are not allowed to dribble through the defender and still maintain handling the babasketball.
#3 The cpu doesn't understand they are not allowed to score under the basket easily when surrounded by defenders.
#4 The cpu doesn't understand they are not allowed to hit every open and contested shots at a high %
#5 The cpu doesn't understand they are not allowed to make a player at (67) rating with a (70) standing 3pt steph curry.
#6 The cpu doesn't understand they are not allowed to see where your passing the basketball and then side step and quickly morph to steal are deflect the basketball.

My point are no matter how you play this, inputs settings sag off double teams, these dam!! AI will ignore every settings and do anything to win. and that's where the game starts to play ugly and gets unrealistic.

I don't mess with sliders because if you have to dum down the cpu to have a advantage i might as well lower the levels.

Last edited by madmax52277; 03-16-2015 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:21 PM   #308
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax52277

I don't mess with sliders
Old 03-16-2015, 04:29 PM   #309
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

The last patch is great. I play hof sim online 12 min quarters and everything is very realistic to me. Shooting was horrible before the patch with the shot glitches. Now you have to play good defense. Its up to beds to give out realistic ratings. But an 80 rated shooter should hit open shots consistently.

I have seen people (post patch) score 70 pts in a 12 min hof sim online game. I have seen people score 80 or 90. I have also seen people go for 120. These things all happen irl. Its on you to play defense, just like real life. There is a reason why people shoot a lower percentage vs. Golden state then they do vs. The sac kings.

If you play defense and contest shots then scores will be realistic. If you giving up wide open shots to good shooters then unrealistic defense leads to unrealistic offense.

Great job 2k hands down the best sports game ever.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 03-16-2015, 04:44 PM   #310
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitolrf
Seen this on Mike Wang's Twitter

https://twitter.com/Beluba/status/577508054570139648

"Basically open shots were boosted and covered shots were dropped, so it's important to contest everything now or you'll see some high %s."

So before everyone claims shot are too easy, re-evaluate the defense that is being played.
this only makes sense when you are actually going against another human.

when youre playing the CPU and shooting 60% against them, how can you "re-evaluate" the defense that the CPU is playing against you?
Old 03-16-2015, 04:54 PM   #311
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoa
Sorry Mike, but this is not realistic...

In real life some players have a wide open shots for all game and not made even 70% of this.

For default sliders in HOF now, wide open = + 90% made! This is not cool.
This. I can literally make 8/10 or 9/10 of every jumpshot right now on superstar sim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2015, 05:00 PM   #312
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxPHANTOM
This. I can literally make 8/10 or 9/10 of every jumpshot right now on superstar sim.
yep. people dont understand the percentage of open jump shots that NBA players actually make. they dont go in 80% of the time.

also, on 2k, its a lot easier to get an open look then it is in the NBA. if i pass the ball around long enough and run plays, set screens etc, i can get an open shot the majority of the time on 2k. and if im taking mostly open shots, and making them at an insanely high clip, then the game becomes unrealistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »