Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-16-2015, 09:56 AM   #297
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
@nova91 I play mostly quick games, but also MyGM and MyTeam.

Superstar\Sim just doesn't feel right to me right now, can't put my finger on it....Superstar\Default honestly feels a lot better, That's where I've had my best games post patch....It's weird. I'll have to get some more games in.

I'll tell you one thing, I had my 5th annual 2k tourney this weekend and the HOF user vs. user matches were great! Probably the best one yet.
I always play MyGM/MC on SS/Sim, so when I get a chance I'll play a few games on SS/Default/Sim in each to test which one I like more and see if I may be able to go back to HOF in MC without many problems.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using tapatalk

Last edited by nova91; 03-16-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:10 AM   #298
Rookie

OVR: 0

So after an hour of testing I got some sliders to play offline with. It's playable, but it's very hard to fix everything. The shooting is so easy I had to put the mid range shot success to 36 and 3pt to 40. I would still take patch 3 gameplay over this any day though.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:54 AM   #299
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJustaGame
Coached17 is absolutely right, and the part about those playing offline and claiming that the shooting is too easy have no argument is right on point, because there is a ridiculously easy fix for for that (plus it's offline, sooo, you know, not that big a deal anyway...).

Some people play MyCareer where you can't adjust the sliders. And that's the most played mode on 2K.

It might not be a big deal for you, but it maybe for me and a lot of others. Since MyCareer is the only mode I play that's offline.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 03-16-2015, 10:57 AM   #300
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDawg5
This is all I wanna know, I can fix the shooting myself with the sliders. If regression was addressed SUCCESSFULLY then this patch is a huge success in my book. When I get some free time I'll Sim a few years if nobody else posts a confirmation, or patch notes come.
It was tweaked. Pre patch almost every player 28 and up would go down -3,-4, or -5 points. Now it's different. You rarely see players lose -5 points. There are even some players that are in their 30s and they go up by +1. Injuries seem to play a role in rating loss. If a guy misses half the season because of injury, he will perhaps drop -2 or -3 at any age. Still, this doesn't happen every time. The tweak made regression much more better and realistic. Players will still regress, but at a realistic pace. You won't see players like Dwade overall 73 or lower after two/three seasons.

Also, not just shooting sliders need to be changed but more or less all sliders. It was a complete gameplay haul, not just shooting was affected.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:48 AM   #301
Rookie

The more I play 2K15, the more it looks like they just put out Patch 2 with a fix for the regression issue. People just shoot better because they got used to the nerfed shooting of patch 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2015, 11:48 AM   #302
Rookie

Man shooting is too easy.. They didn't need to tweak jump shooting, all they needed to do was tweak layups, there were way too many blown layups before the patch.. But now everything goes in.. This game has exausted me this year as far as gameplay.. Features are perfect tho.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:50 AM   #303
Rookie

On a side note... I have a bold prediction that madden 16 will rival 2k16 for best sports game next year.. Watch out for madden 16.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:37 PM   #304
Rookie

Seen this on Mike Wang's Twitter

https://twitter.com/Beluba/status/577508054570139648

"Basically open shots were boosted and covered shots were dropped, so it's important to contest everything now or you'll see some high %s."

So before everyone claims shot are too easy, re-evaluate the defense that is being played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »