Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-15-2015, 07:44 AM   #257
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
I'm interested in this issue, and have a few theories:

- The substitution logic will bring a player with 0 minutes into the game if it goes into garbage time, and unfortunately sometimes it might be an injured player. We're aware of the issue and have some fixes planned (can't make any promises for this year). This should never happen for a player that isn't in the top 13 in the rotation, as at that point he's not even brought to the arena, let alone allowed to be substituted in. But if he's top-13 and 0 minutes, he might still play sometimes if all the top rotation players are sat down to rest, which is unfortunate for injured players.

- Another way an out-of-rotation injured player can aggravate is through training. Make sure to select Injury Rehab under Physical training. If aggravations are happening even with players that are focusing on Rehab, I definitely would like to hear about it, because that's not an issue I'm aware of.

Any more detailed information about the player's rotation spot and minutes and training regime when the aggravation happened would be helpful, but rest assured this is an issue we're looking to fix.

This is happening in MyCareer as well with Dwight Howard. He got injured in last year playoffs and missed the rest of the season. When the next year started, it said he'll be out for 2-4 months but he still starts and plays.

His overall 87 but his overall while injured is 77 (-10) because the injury. But after every game, it'll improve. So one game it'll be -9 and the next game it'll be -8. It'll improve all the way to where he's an 80 overall and the injury will say a few weeks left and then it'll start back over and say he's out 2-4 months again and back to a 77 (-10).

I thought maybe he just injured it again. But it has happened at the same point like 2-3 times. I am wondering if he'll ever get healthy again.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 03-15-2015, 09:41 AM   #258
Pro

OVR: 0

The patch ruined the game, shots fall way too easy. Its like 2K12/13/14 all over again. I scored close to 70 points by half time, pre-patch I couldn't, and had to use strategy. The casuals took over, and this can only mean NBA 2K16 gameplay will reflect arcade style 2K13. I hate tampering with sliders, but I got to find my basketball fix somehow. NBA 2K11 should be their model for future iterations, because it's always brought up. 2K11 came out 5 years ago, why are we still talking about it? Fix it, 2K ...
Old 03-15-2015, 09:46 AM   #259
Rookie

I can't believe the controller issue when choosing a challenge in myteam is still not fixed.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:06 AM   #260
Banned

WISports's Arena

For those who like the patch, are you mostly playing online? Because offline, it's terrible.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:25 AM   #261
Rookie

MyCareer, superstar, default sliders, PG, 80 overall, Kings, 85% chemistry, first season, 10 games post patch..

* You now get magnetised into CPU screens more often, even with good clearance you will still get sucked into the animation...very annoying.

* Steals have been nerfed hard, used to get a couple of steals a game selectively hassling the ball handler, now the steal button should be called the "allow 2 points in the paint" button. It did need tweaking but they've gone too far as usual. It's only worth attempting if they pass into the post, even then sometimes the CPU has a forcefield and your player will just flail helplessly all over the place while attempting to play some D, they then hit the contested turnaround jumper for the 4 time in a row that quarter.

* CPU plays better on defense, on ball and rotations. The CPU plays godlike omniscient defense, the opposing team seem to be some kind of hive mind able to communicate telepathically and coordinate the best possible defense in all situations. I watched a replay of my player calling for a screen in the corner, as I moved to use it FOUR of the players on the opposing team moved IN UNISON with zero delay to perfectly defend the play. My drive is cut off by the center coming into the paint, as I hit the pass button to hit the wide open guy on the perimeter, the nanosecond I hit the pass button the CPU moves over to close him out...this is before the ball has even left my hands. This hugely breaks any sense of realism, it actually feels like you're playing robots.

* Speaking of hitting the open guy for the jumper, your teammates still suck. Counting only the wide open looks I've given them (usually because I'm being doubled) they've shot 24% over the last 10 games (2/3 of these were 3s)...these a pro NBA players with wide open looks. The game penalises the players shooting % if it is your player who makes the pass, if you let the CPU make the pass, they hit their jumpers at a higher rate. Don't believe me? play some games and work out the percentage they make when you pass it vs. if a teammate passes it (FYI I don't have dimer so maybe this mitigates the penalty somewhat)

* CPU is far more aggressive, will attack the basket more now, you will need to play good on ball defense or you will pay. A) because the CPU is more aggressive and B) because the CPU makes contested jumpers in the paint like they're open layups. Do not even attempt to make a steal, this is now the "allow 2 easy points in the paint button" remember. This is actually a good thing, I now fear going against the likes of John Wall or Kyrie and have to give them some space.

* Double teaming, you will still get caught in an unbreakable animation sometimes however I have noticed that my player is hurling the ball into parking lot less often now, yay.

* I'm making a lot of 3s, I have a 3pt rating of 77 and I've been shooting 48% from deep since the patch over circa 30+ attempts, I don't have any shooting badges, but they were mostly open looks. This seems a tad bit high to say the least. Before you ask, I only had one green release in all those attempt so that is not skewing the %. My overall shooting % has gone down though because I'm getting blocked or obviously fouled with no call more often than before.

* Missed dunk animations, I have seen less of them now but they seemed to have just been replaced by other animations i.e. you will still miss but youll just get fouled/blocked instead. My favorite of these is the one where you have a wide open lane to the hoop (much rarer post patch now) and you start the dunk animation, the defender who was caught on a screen has recovered and manages to nearly teleport over and take out your legs while you're mid air causing you both to fall over...no foul called. Another fave, the 7" bigman who was on the other side of the block, not even looking in your direction, will suddenly feel his spider sense tingle, turn around, close you out and get into the air for the block, faster than you can take your two steps at full speed and finish the dunk.

* Beating the CPU off the dribble is now more difficult, they recover faster, and are helped by teammates better, who also move faster. It actually feels like my player is the slowest on the floor despite being an athletic point guard with a 90 speed and quickness rating.

* My assists have gone down dramatically since the patch, was averaging a double double now I'm getting around 5 a game, might just be because I'm still adjusting to the new mechanics or taking more 3s as they're so easy now.

The overall difficulty of the game has gone up if you like running the pick and roll or slashing, but if you like hitting 3s or mid range jumpers all game long then you're going to see your % go up significantly. It feels better on the whole but I would like to see the CPUs defense act more human, make mistakes, actually take time to react to what's happening rather than the whole hive mind thing. At the moment it still feels like a hero ball simulator with the difficulty cranked up, I want to play in a TEAM, against a TEAM. My team should behave similarly to the CPUs, they shouldn't be playing like morons, the entire CPU team shouldn't be focused on guarding me (especially when I'm only the 4th best player on the team) and they really need to get rid of the ridiculous speed bursts and slow downs the game applies to animations. Rather than make the game feel like it has momentum it just feels very unnatural and robotic.

Maybe for 2K16 they'll focus on gameplay rather than mocapping cheerleaders and trying to encourage VC purchasing at every opportunity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2015, 11:39 AM   #262
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

I adjusted some sliders to great success

HOF/SIM settings - All User and CPU sliders are equal

Mid Range Success = 40
3PT Success = 45
Jump Shot Defense Strength [Gather] = 85

I kept the defense strength on the [release] at 60 like the default Sim sliders since late arriving defenders have a tough time causing good shooters to miss.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:11 PM   #263
Rookie

This game is broken. I don't understand why they completely changed the shooting system ... it's like a whole new game.

SMH.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:12 PM   #264
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Have no idea about how anything is online, but offline shooting has become extremely easy for me, and I can get to the hoop with ease, which wasn't the case before this patch.

I really liked how the game played before this last patch, as I would really struggle to shoot, and really had to work for my shots. I didn't think anything of it, until today when I started hitting 3's on the move with the shot clock winding down. At first I just thought, I got lucky, and that game I just so happened to be really hot, and though Im just having a good game. Then the next game I was still hot, so I thought what the heck, so I threw up some 3's on the move jus to see and sure enough they were going in most of the time.

I can guarantee I just didn't all of a sudden improve greatly,lol. Before the patch I felt that the AI why they did play good and were tough for me to beat I did feel there shooting especially from the perimeter needed to be better, so I raised the sliders for them. Now I actually think they shoot worse.

As some have said defensive movement seems to have been improved, so its not all negative. I do just wish 2k would sometimes just leave shooting alone, it seems if the online crybabies whine long enough about them not being able to shoot they end up catering to them and changing something, which in turn break things for the offline players.

Im sure I can probably fix it with sliders, but it wasn't broke before, and it does get old getting your sliders just right for your Association, then having to start working on sliders cause 2k decided to screw with it. Thank God for sliders though, as Im sure in time I will have it taken care of, probably about the time MLBTS15 comes out,lol.
Exactly what you said. The shooting wasn't broken to begin with. Now games are too easy even with the worst teams. However, sliders should fix this. At least they tweaked the regression in MyLeague, but now a new problem has risen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »