Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-14-2015, 07:05 PM   #169
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
They did say pitch breaks were improved for created players. But yeah all the created pitchers will have the same break. Wonder how that'll effect the OSFM hybrid.

Hopefully in later games they'll be able to implement something the gives us access to pitch break options in create a player. Even if they're just a bunch of presets.

I'd also like to be able to apply any of the player specific celebrations/rituals to my RTTS character. Similar to how they do batting and throwing stances.
To be honest I would be happy if they had all 4SFB's have some amount of fade on them, but have the amount tied to the movement rating. So a 1 movement 4SFB would be basically what The Show has had, but a 99 would be a 4SFB with a lot of fade on it. You can still have the running FB for pitchers that get even more movement on their "4SFB". Same for the new changeup breaks. Those are basically the ones I'd like to see get addressed, 4SFB and change.

Having control over sliders and curveballs would be even better, similar to MVP 2005. I'd love to see the elimination of sweeping curve and 12-6 and instead just have a curveball with (12-6, 11-5, 10-4) as options for trajectory. That might be asking for too much at this point, but it would be great to at least get the new fading breaks on 4SFM and Change in at some point for non-hardcoded pitchers (MLB w/pitchf/x data).
Old 03-14-2015, 07:20 PM   #170
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear

I don't think there's any reason players can't change in mid game, although certainly all of them doing it would qualify as unrealistic.
Sure players might change mid game, but certainly not every single player at the exact same time.

Spoiler

Last edited by Factzzz; 03-14-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:24 PM   #171
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Sure players might change mid game, but certainly not every single player at the exact same time.

Spoiler
I haven't gotten that far in the stream, but if it is indeed putting sleeves on players mid game I'd say that should be fixed. It just isn't something you see during MLB games and doesn't represent the real life game very well.

Something that has been asked for for a while is an extra option for sleeves in the editor for "Night games only" so that you can set certain players to wear sleeves if they do so during real MLB night games, but don't wear them during day games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2015, 08:35 PM   #172
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Um, it's baseball. It's not going to change. The experience doesn't change, because the game hasn't changed in over 100 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
The actual game doesn't change.

But there is plenty of variety in presentation styles used by certain broadcasts, and many different commentary teams with their own styles.

And i'm pretty sure that's what he means by change. Presentation and commentary aspects. (Personally, i'm fine with commentary and presentation, although some new presentation would go a long way in making the game feel less "stale" i guess).

I meant presentation, I didn't say gameplay was stale, I said the experience was stale. Not sure how someone could take that as "the game of baseball itself needs to be changed" some of you guys are nuts.

A great example of my overall point is when the game ends. They show the highlites with the text of what happened, and they will interview the player of the game. Then they will show him swinging or pitching and it turns into a card. This is more or less how the game has ended 3 or 4 years ago. I'm not expecting a real life broadcast of baseball tonight or someone but I expect growth/ change.

It's "good enough for them" but the reality was it was lame when the first did it, but I looked at it as a "starting point" but they never improved it or did anything different.

And to the guy who said they have the actual grass, you may want to watch the video again. They color matched the grass, they didn't take the actual grass from each stadium, they color matched the grass based on mlb.com replays of the actual games. Their actual grass texture is horrible.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:47 AM   #173
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
I meant presentation, I didn't say gameplay was stale, I said the experience was stale. Not sure how someone could take that as "the game of baseball itself needs to be changed" some of you guys are nuts.

A great example of my overall point is when the game ends. They show the highlights with the text of what happened, and they will interview the player of the game. Then they will show him swinging or pitching and it turns into a card. This is more or less how the game has ended 3 or 4 years ago. I'm not expecting a real life broadcast of baseball tonight or someone but I expect growth/ change.

It's "good enough for them" but the reality was it was lame when the first did it, but I looked at it as a "starting point" but they never improved it or did anything different.
You make a very valid point about the post game wrap-up presentation getting old. I think the broadcast intro and wrap-up are very important elements of the presentation that need a total refresh
Old 03-15-2015, 04:10 AM   #174
Rookie

OVR: 4

Did they fix the ****ty online play that was in mlb show 14 for ps4? If not I'll stick to mlb14 because i will not be suckered to buy this years game for crappy online performance once again. Countless people complained on the shows facebook page about how horrible the online in mlb show 14 is and they ignored everyone.

Last edited by Jaysworld26; 03-15-2015 at 04:14 AM.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:17 AM   #175
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
To be honest I would be happy if they had all 4SFB's have some amount of fade on them, but have the amount tied to the movement rating. So a 1 movement 4SFB would be basically what The Show has had, but a 99 would be a 4SFB with a lot of fade on it. You can still have the running FB for pitchers that get even more movement on their "4SFB". Same for the new changeup breaks. Those are basically the ones I'd like to see get addressed, 4SFB and change.
AFAIK each individual Pitch Break attribute is tied to how fast the ball spins (often express in terms of rpm), so I think the effect you want can be generated by varying that attribute, e.g., high Break 4SFB should have more tailing action. That's why in one of the Brian@SCEA's message that Ramone forwarded to another thread he was discussing a lot of rpm's and adjustments made.

Quote:
Having control over sliders and curveballs would be even better, similar to MVP 2005. I'd love to see the elimination of sweeping curve and 12-6 and instead just have a curveball with (12-6, 11-5, 10-4) as options for trajectory. That might be asking for too much at this point, but it would be great to at least get the new fading breaks on 4SFM and Change in at some point for non-hardcoded pitchers (MLB w/pitchf/x data).

I think all 4SFB has some movement (i.e., not perfectly straight like it has been), even for generated players. What we cannot customize I think is in which direction it breaks (because pitch edit UI is still the same... we can only edit Break).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2015, 05:43 AM   #176
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

BTW I enjoyed this stream a lot (despite the length.......). It's great to be able to see the developers having fun with their own creation. I mean, they literally live with the game all year long (designing, testing, playing, coding, etc., etc....), yet can still have this much fun with the game itself. I think it says a lot of about the replay value and how deep the game actually is. No wonder I haven't been able to give up on it after several years...

He lost at the end but people should appreciate how good Nick actually is moving PCI with Zone! Not many people have that level of PCI skill using Zone hitting...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »