Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-14-2015, 08:50 PM   #249
Banned

WISports's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Wish they would've addressed some of the players who's skin tones are way off. Seems like it'd be a simple fix.

Giannis is too dark in the game. He's should look more like Jabari.

I know it isn't major, but it adds to the realism of the game.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:07 PM   #250
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman_OS
Can someone tell me if players are still disappearing during free agency with a fresh MyLeague file?
I just tested it on a fresh MyLeague after 3 seasons. Unfortunately, they all disappear. Not sure who got around saying the free agents don't disappear or that there is a bigger free agent pool. None of the free agents at the end of the season(before the playoffs) were in the offseason free agency, from the mid 70s to players dropped after their rookie season. All gone.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:12 PM   #251
Rookie

ive played it every day since patch heres my opinion,everything is improved,even the online is better,they fixed the crowds in ml before the patch everybody had white tees on.that ugly dribble animation is fixed.online its easier to defend and shoot.thanks 2k for fixing your game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2015, 11:10 PM   #252
MVP

OVR: 1
NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
Really liking this patch...and I'm not so sure shooting needs to be changed now. Played 3 Online Ranked Games this afternoon and really tried to concentrate on the defensive end of the floor.

It's pretty clear...shooting is easier, but so is DEFENSE. You can play pretty good defense with just the Left Stick. It feels like defensive players have more balance and use the slide-step/shuffle on defense just with the Left Stick.

Too much L2 and you will get punished. But if you defend with POSITION you can do pretty well. If you pick your spots with L2, L2+R2, and the Right Stick...well, then you can start locking people down.

With this patch, I feel like on-ball defense is the way to go. It's crazy that soooo many players REFUSE to use it just because defense was so bad when the game first came out. I also feel like I'm rewarded for playing on-ball.

I didn't play anyone very good...but I was able to slow down some of the cheese. One guy wanted to shoot with Lillard every time down...he finished 9-20. Another guy wanted to do the same with Westbrook...he finished 8-17. The other guy used the Bulls and was pretty sim...and he finished with 30 points on 32% shooting.
That actually sounds kind of bad. 9-20 and 8-17 is actually respectable, and very good and unrealistically successful if they were trying to cheese with just one player. Westbrook's real FG is actually lower than that and he's probably not cheesing as hard as the one you played against even with his 38% usage rate. Same goes for Lillard.

The fact that the sim guy actually had horrendous shooting and the worst performance compared to the cheesers also sounds concerning.

Last edited by Sundown; 03-14-2015 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:20 AM   #253
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Have no idea about how anything is online, but offline shooting has become extremely easy for me, and I can get to the hoop with ease, which wasn't the case before this patch.

I really liked how the game played before this last patch, as I would really struggle to shoot, and really had to work for my shots. I didn't think anything of it, until today when I started hitting 3's on the move with the shot clock winding down. At first I just thought, I got lucky, and that game I just so happened to be really hot, and though Im just having a good game. Then the next game I was still hot, so I thought what the heck, so I threw up some 3's on the move jus to see and sure enough they were going in most of the time.

I can guarantee I just didn't all of a sudden improve greatly,lol. Before the patch I felt that the AI why they did play good and were tough for me to beat I did feel there shooting especially from the perimeter needed to be better, so I raised the sliders for them. Now I actually think they shoot worse.

As some have said defensive movement seems to have been improved, so its not all negative. I do just wish 2k would sometimes just leave shooting alone, it seems if the online crybabies whine long enough about them not being able to shoot they end up catering to them and changing something, which in turn break things for the offline players.

Im sure I can probably fix it with sliders, but it wasn't broke before, and it does get old getting your sliders just right for your Association, then having to start working on sliders cause 2k decided to screw with it. Thank God for sliders though, as Im sure in time I will have it taken care of, probably about the time MLBTS15 comes out,lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 03-15-2015, 03:24 AM   #254
Just started!

I am surprised they released another patch for 2K15. I am just hoping it doesn't affect the shoe workaround or messes up anything else.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:53 AM   #255
Rookie

I only play offline against my brother and I must say the patch is horrible. Before the patch we really enjoyed the game, I made the perfect sliders and everything felt so smooth.

After downloading the patch, defense is impossible. It feels like the opposing players are much quicker than mine and now basically every shot is falling if open no matter if the release is yellow or green. Last game I played, I shot 70% and most of my shots were outside the paint. Now it really feels like you don't need much skill to play this game. The worst thing is I can't fix this with sliders either. I've tried everything and the outcome is the same.

I've tried to get rid of the patch by reinstalling the game (PS4), but the teams I play with are my own made so it's crucial for me to keep the created players. Now, after the reinstall the game deleted all my created players, but I have them in a saved roster.
Now, the problem I have is after reinstalling the game (without the patch) it won't recognize my MyPlayer account because it won't go online anymore. It has to recognize it if I want to get my roster file back. I click the "connect" button in the main menu, but it does nothing after 10 seconds. So is there any way I can get my players back WITHOUT downloading the patch?

Last edited by SaimuKala; 03-15-2015 at 06:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2015, 07:27 AM   #256
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7

How far away is the Xbox 1 patch?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »