Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #233
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
I'm interested in this issue, and have a few theories:
- The substitution logic will bring a player with 0 minutes into the game if it goes into garbage time, and unfortunately sometimes it might be an injured player. We're aware of the issue and have some fixes planned (can't make any promises for this year). This should never happen for a player that isn't in the top 13 in the rotation, as at that point he's not even brought to the arena, let alone allowed to be substituted in. But if he's top-13 and 0 minutes, he might still play sometimes if all the top rotation players are sat down to rest, which is unfortunate for injured players.
Often during 20-30+ point blowouts the star players will still get a ton of minutes. It's weird because in that same game, the bottom guys will always get exactly 1 minute of playing time on the court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
- Another way an out-of-rotation injured player can aggravate is through training. Make sure to select Injury Rehab under Physical training. If aggravations are happening even with players that are focusing on Rehab, I definitely would like to hear about it, because that's not an issue I'm aware of.
An 'Auto-Rehab injured player' option would be great
Old 03-14-2015, 04:01 PM   #234
Banned

OVR: 0

Really liking this patch...and I'm not so sure shooting needs to be changed now. Played 3 Online Ranked Games this afternoon and really tried to concentrate on the defensive end of the floor.

It's pretty clear...shooting is easier, but so is DEFENSE. You can play pretty good defense with just the Left Stick. It feels like defensive players have more balance and use the slide-step/shuffle on defense just with the Left Stick.

Too much L2 and you will get punished. But if you defend with POSITION you can do pretty well. If you pick your spots with L2, L2+R2, and the Right Stick...well, then you can start locking people down.

With this patch, I feel like on-ball defense is the way to go. It's crazy that soooo many players REFUSE to use it just because defense was so bad when the game first came out. I also feel like I'm rewarded for playing on-ball.

I didn't play anyone very good...but I was able to slow down some of the cheese. One guy wanted to shoot with Lillard every time down...he finished 9-20. Another guy wanted to do the same with Westbrook...he finished 8-17. The other guy used the Bulls and was pretty sim...and he finished with 30 points on 32% shooting.

I actually feel rewarded for playing defense - smart defense here - I'm not talking about all the cheesy "tricks" some people try like zone defense, double-teaming, taking charges all over the court. Straight up man-to-man, on-ball defense with smart help D and good rotations...and Manual shot contests.

Offensively, it's easier to make shots, so those who run around and try to do DUMB things on defense like steal spamming, charge spamming, double teaming, etc....they get smoked by intelligent offense and wide open shots splashing thru the net.

Last edited by coached17; 03-14-2015 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:14 PM   #235
QNo
MVP

I agree, online play is a lot better (haven't played enough offline to comment). I'm destroying people by doing what I've always done, moving the ball, finding open shots, and on-ball defense. Many opponents are completely lost and don't know what to do, since off-balling and zone defenses don't work anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2015, 04:40 PM   #236
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Could've been there before but I see Zach Lavine wearing the new low top Kobe's like he has been. Good one Rob!
Old 03-14-2015, 04:48 PM   #237
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I agree, online play is a lot better (haven't played enough offline to comment). I'm destroying people by doing what I've always done, moving the ball, finding open shots, and on-ball defense. Many opponents are completely lost and don't know what to do, since off-balling and zone defenses don't work anymore.
Same experience as me. Some of these dudes obviously have no clue what to do now that their gimmicks and tricks aren't as effective.

It's almost sad...all they have to do is play a little bit of actual BASKETBALL...and yet they cling to all the tired old cheeser tricks.

The other cool thing is that the 3 games I played today were with the Grizz twice and then the Hawks....two teams that weren't very effective online despite having 2 of the best records in the NBA.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:59 PM   #238
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
@vuje85 and @Luke Skywalker -

Are you all using Real FG% or User Shot Timing? Because using Real FG%, I'm seeing a realistic clip of shots going in...And I have not made any adjustments to the shot sliders. My settings are simply All-Star Sim...The only adjustment I have made in the sliders is actually making Fatigue Rate at 25 to avoid platoon swaps.

NOTE: This is my experience in Offline, Exhibition games using the most recently updated, Official 2K Rosters.

You should definitely give Real FG% a try....Since the patch, I have been getting a realistic shot % on a consistent basis. Shot timing is a much trickier mechanic to get a consistent/realistic clip simply because there are more pieces affecting the overall outcome of the shot.

NOTE: This is my experience in Offline, Exhibition games using the most recently updated, Official 2K Rosters.
user shot timing
Old 03-14-2015, 06:21 PM   #239
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungGun
Us XB1 guys have to wait to get a patch again? This is such bs...

Sheesh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2015, 06:32 PM   #240
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Sheesh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This one is worth it