Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-13-2015, 07:23 PM   #129
Rookie

CubsWillRiseAgain's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
After watching roughly 4 hours of this, just a stark reminder how badly this game needs refreshed and more dynamic commentary.
this. 1000x this. the commentary is just sooo bad
Old 03-13-2015, 07:23 PM   #130
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day

I truly believe that this is going to be THE baseball game that I have dreamed about since I was a kid.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:51 PM   #131
MVP

OVR: 8

I think the problem is that the commentary is refreshed every year. It needs to be re-done by new folks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2015, 07:52 PM   #132
Rookie

I don't think the commentary is as bad as made out to be; it's just we've heard the same thing for so long, and like music, you get tired of it after hearing it enough. That being said, revamping the commentary would be a LOT of work. Perhaps when MLB The Show series become PS4 exclusive, thus giving the developers more time to work on just one game, we'll see more changes.

Also I know a few were complaining about the graphics not receiving a big enough overhaul. IMO MLB 2014's graphics were beautiful and really didn't need one EXCEPT.....the lightning, which has been vastly improved from what I've seen so far. But going back to what I said earlier, I still think we'll have a better chance of seeing more drastic changes when this game becomes PS4 only.

Anyways, I'm really psyched about the game. The next couple of weeks are going to be a very long wait!
Old 03-13-2015, 08:19 PM   #133
Rookie

They should hire an announcer team just to do the playoffs and World Series. That way all their commentary will be appropriately emotionally calibrated to the high stakes of October baseball.

And should the day arise when they want to replace the original team, they'll already have a base in place with the playoff announcer team.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:26 PM   #134
Rookie

First time watching a stream on my laptop. The graphics are noticeably sharper. It looks really good. I finally got to see the Angels play. My only gripe is that some of the stances are off.

Calhoun's is off; hopefully, Nelson Cruz's stance from last year is still in the game cause it fit Kole's perfectly. Trout's stance got reworked but he moves the bat too quickly. Trout is very relaxed at the plate & moves the bat slowly. Pujols' stance hasn't changed in the 4 years I've been playing. Aybar's remains the same but I change it to one of the stances in the 200s.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:59 PM   #135
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

I really don't understand why people are so bothered by the commentary. All the commentary in every single sports game I've played has gotten old within a month of release (including 2k sports commentary). So I never expect it to be something I need to hear. For me, the only way commentary can be bad is if there's almost nothing in it (that radio commentary in Madden when it jumped to PS3 and Xbox 360) or if there's a voice that's particularly annoying (Gus Johnson for Madden comes to mind).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2015, 09:09 PM   #136
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
I really don't understand why people are so bothered by the commentary. All the commentary in every single sports game I've played has gotten old within a month of release (including 2k sports commentary). So I never expect it to be something I need to hear. For me, the only way commentary can be bad is if there's almost nothing in it (that radio commentary in Madden when it jumped to PS3 and Xbox 360) or if there's a voice that's particularly annoying (Gus Johnson for Madden comes to mind).

I am getting tired about hearing about George Hill being traded for Kwahi Leonard and how Manu Ginobili was critical of the trade at first. I haven't even played 15 games.

I also agree with both of your points on Madden's commentary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »