Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-13-2015, 07:16 PM   #193
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

I'm not going to skim through 24 pages so this might have been posted before.

Played some park games and i'm sad to say the inability to box out screeners under the basket hasn't been fixed. Also, contested shots seem to go in even more than before.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:29 PM   #194
MVP

OVR: 9

What the hell happened to this patch. On pc, now no players are visible and it crashes to desktop, Wtf!!!!
Old 03-13-2015, 07:32 PM   #195
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
Played some park games and i'm sad to say the inability to box out screeners under the basket hasn't been fixed.
They could just disable the set screen button if your player has a foot inside the paint in The Park/The Rec Center/The Stage.

That would instantly eliminate the go-to strategy for all these scrubs that just hold down the screen button underneath the rim every single possession.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2015, 07:32 PM   #196
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
I'm sorry, but this is just dumb. Played another game with my Bucks, and Giannis went 7-9 on 3's. With most of them having a guy in his face.

Why do patches always have to mess other aspects of the game up??
Offline or online? What difficulty level?

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 03-13-2015, 07:38 PM   #197
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUNDxBigBoss
Can we get a patch for the last gen version to fix this dumb rainbow shoes glitch? (and add cyberfaces for some of the 2014 rookies that don't have one.)
FOX take it from me man....You have to move on from the last gen version asap. I doubt they will be doing anything more for it....

For people with patch 4: Do you guys feel you have more control of your guy on offense and defense? In playing mycareer and mypark I felt my guy was constantly moving or readjusting based on the slightest stick movements making it tough to go where you want quickly. Is it better in this sense? I'm on X1..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 03-13-2015 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:25 PM   #198
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
FOX take it from me man....You have to move on from the last gen version asap. I doubt they will be doing anything more for it....

For people with patch 4: Do you guys feel you have more control of your guy on offense and defense? In playing mycareer and mypark I felt my guy was constantly moving or readjusting based on the slightest stick movements making it tough to go where you want quickly. Is it better in this sense? I'm on X1..
Yes...more player control and I'm not sure how to put this...but more intelligent player response to your controls. Very smooth and it feels more precise.

You have to kind of adjust from being a "button-masher" to using the sticks more delicately. You can really feel it on defense. If you were already a good defensive player, then you will love the patch because it gives you a lot more control on D. With some pretty cool and responsive player responses with the Right Stick.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:34 PM   #199
Banned

I've talked about the shooting...and so have others, but there is also some really cool stuff in this patch.

The most noticeable is the CPU AI. They get into sets quicker, run plays more smoothly, and pass the ball better. Also they focus on and USE their best players.

Played two MyTeam games earlier against the Mavs - one in Domination, one as part of a Challege - and they played thru Dirk pretty intelligently....Monta looked to attack on offense...and Parsons the 3rd guy and played realistically. Chandler hit the glass and had a few putbacks and an alley oop. When he tried to dribble a bit too much on one possession and make a pass while moving....it sailed past Jae Crowder's face and out of bounds.

That's the other thing I noticed. More passes that are off the mark. Had a few passes sail out of bounds and even one that was off the mark and went thru a player's legs.

Right stick defense is improved...with more realistic reactions and results. You really need to play position defense and effectively use both the L2 "Intense" defense and the L2/R2 quick slides especially on drives.

The game feels really good...it's just a LITTLE bit too easy to make shots. I expect a tweak eventually...but I hope its not a big one.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:37 PM   #200
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2

If they sell the game they should support the game, that's all I have to say about that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »