Home

College Hoops 2K15: What Could Have Been

This is a discussion on College Hoops 2K15: What Could Have Been within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-13-2015, 10:20 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: College Hoops 2K15: What Could Have Been

I fear that the lawsuit regarding college player likenesses in a video game have screwed the pooch on any future college sports games.

Thanks, Ed O'Bannon.....
Old 03-13-2015, 10:23 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I fear that the lawsuit regarding college player likenesses in a video game have screwed the pooch on any future college sports games.

Thanks, Ed O'Bannon.....
Yeah they screwed things up because they blew their money. You never heard a 3rd String QB or Backup PG complaining. LOL

That is why we came up with the Generic Basketball Game idea. If you get a chance check out the Petition. We have idea laid out.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 03-13-2015, 11:32 AM   #19
Pro

RyanJS08's Arena

OVR: 0
Yeah....I didn't want to be depressed on a Friday morning. I miss College Hoops
Old 03-13-2015, 03:54 PM   #20
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3
I love 2k8 like everyone else but it had features that wasn't worth hyping over. The game is basically unplayable now since players stand around too much and the plays in the game were sloppy. Of course legacy mode was great but a few things were not needed. The ABL was always useless to me as well as the need to recruit undersclassmen. Things change so much for prospects from year to year that is wasn't worth wasting the point on recruiting them unless they were seniors. I had no problem recruiting what I needed without those two features.

I think people get too excited over those two things when they weren't implemented well to begin with. But I sure do miss actually recruiting players. Man it was tough but rewarding.

Fix the stale gameplay and I would gladly play it again.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:58 PM   #21
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
I love 2k8 like everyone else but it had features that wasn't worth hyping over. The game is basically unplayable now since players stand around too much and the plays in the game were sloppy. Of course legacy mode was great but a few things were not needed. The ABL was always useless to me as well as the need to recruit undersclassmen. Things change so much for prospects from year to year that is wasn't worth wasting the point on recruiting them unless they were seniors. I had no problem recruiting what I needed without those two features.

I think people get too excited over those two things when they weren't implemented well to begin with. But I sure do miss actually recruiting players. Man it was tough but rewarding.

Fix the stale gameplay and I would gladly play it again.
Coach mode is their for a reason.

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2015, 06:51 PM   #22
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
DAMN, I miss this game. It was one of my all time favorites and still played it up until last year when I went over to PS4. It's a shame we can't have college videogames. I played college basketball and we always played this game on road trips (Packed the PS3 and games for the road). Maybe one day, we can hope.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:02 PM   #23
Rookie

You bastards. This was my all time favorite game, and now you got me missing it again
Old 03-14-2015, 08:02 PM   #24
Rookie

Aimbrogn's Arena

OVR: 4
I played well over a hundred games of 2k8 and while it was great for its time it was time to retire it and sell it on Amazon. The gameplay felt primitive, aged graphics , uniforms out of date, teams stuck in conferences from 2007, etc. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game to death and have no doubt it is a classic but let's not pretend this game is like the Tecmo Super Bowl of Xbox 360. The game has its charms but so does the next thing I am describing.

So how do I get my fix for Choops? Buy a copy of NBA 2k14 on Steam and download the mods. Plays great with my wireless 360 controller and runs off of the 2k14 engine. Scroll through the below thread and see what I am talking about. Downloading and installing it is easy and I could assist anyone in doing so.

Rosters for the March Madness tournament are available with so many goodies including courts for Conference tournaments from this past week, up to date jerseys, rosters, and coach profiles. Just about 40+ teams are available with many being updated/modded

College Hoops was a great game but I moved on once I downloaded this mod. The community will likely keep it moving for next season too.

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96231

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »