Home

Implementing a Better Spring Training in MLB: The Show

This is a discussion on Implementing a Better Spring Training in MLB: The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-13-2015, 03:25 PM   #25
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Implementing a Better Spring Training in MLB: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoamgreen
Big thumbs up on more realistic subs and non-roster invitees.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like I remember players accumulating service time during ST games (which would be inaccurate). Also correct me on this, but doesn't demoting a guy during ST also use an option when it shouldn't? I remember the first year I played The Show, I let the CPU auto-select my roster at the end of ST and half my players ended up lost to the waiver wire. And more recently, I remember getting out of options warning when trying to demote my AAAA guys who weren't on the 25-man. I didn't get a chance to play franchise in '14 much so maybe these are moot points or I'm misremembering!
A good description of "options":
Quote:
How does "optioning" work?
Generally, after 3 pro seasons, a player must be protected on a club’s 40-man roster or he becomes eligible for the Rule 5 draft. Once a player is added to a club’s 40-man roster, the club then 3 available option years during which they can place him on “optional assignment” to a minor league club. A player can be sent up and down as many times as the club so chooses within those three seasons. Once a player is “out of options”, he must clear “waivers” in order to be sent down again.
- If a player is not sent to the minors during a year, an option is not used.
- If a player is on the 40-man roster in spring training but optioned to the minors before the season is underway, an option is used.
- If an assignment in the minors lasts 20 days, an option is not used.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2015, 03:29 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
A good description of "options":
Thanks for that- I wonder how contracts for the generic minor leaguers generated when you start a franchise work, then. As in, are the number of option years they have left all generated randomly?
Old 03-13-2015, 03:35 PM   #27
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

It's spring training, it's relatively useless imo, how about we just ask the team to work things that would really impact the game as a whole, not something that 90 percent of people skip. Yes the idea is to get people to play spring, but even with these improvements it wouldn't matter it would still get skipped by majority of users. Just saying...
Old 03-13-2015, 03:35 PM   #28
Pro

legacyme3's Arena

OVR: 5
#1 would actually get me to pay attention to ST results, rather than simming past it each year just so I could get to games that mattered.

The thing is, ST games don't matter whatsoever in the Show. Even if the presentation was improved, the games themselves mean pretty much nothing.

Having a risk/reward system where things are variant? I'm a-ok with anything that makes things more interesting.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:37 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I bet the real-life Rangers would have liked to be able to skip Spring Training...
Old 03-13-2015, 03:42 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I bet the real-life Rangers would have liked to be able to skip Spring Training...
Same with the Jays.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:44 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Attachment 93886
I don't want MLB to do anything to change ST. I'm afraid they'll want to make it ''meaningful'' like they've tried with the All-Star Game. Of course, it could be worse, MLB could have the NFL model of Pre-Season Exhibition games & Pro-Bowl.
Just make it shorter - they don't need 6-7 weeks- make it start March 1st and run to opening day
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2015, 04:51 PM   #32
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
I'd like to see pitchers actually have to stretch out. Make their stamina attribute dynamic as Spring Training progresses. This could lead to players being sent to minor league camp later in the spring because innings are harder to come by.

I can't remember, is the training portion of franchise open in Spring Training? If not, I'd love to have the option to have my pitchers throw bullpens, simulated games, and live batting practice...although that might be too much, but it would serve to help "stretch them out".

I like this idea. Im surprised with so many avid baseball fans we have around here that play this game, that a lot of them find Spring Training boring and just skip it.

IMO real die hard baseball fans love Spring Training,lol. I love this time of year watching Spring Training games, and enjoy playing them in MLBTS, but would love to see spring have some type of impact in the game.

Out of all the sports exhibition game, Spring Training is actually a great time for fans as well as a lot of players enjoy it. Unlike the NFL and NBA pre seasons, personally I cant stand pre season football, and dont watch it unless there is no baseball on, but with MLB TV and MILB TV I always have baseball, thank God for that,lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »