Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-13-2015, 01:44 PM   #121
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
I've noticed that the devs always select "Warm Pitcher Up" when going to the bullpen and never use the first option. Why is that?

Is it unnecessary to stretch and toss, or whatever it is? I hate how many times I have to go in and out of the bullpen menus and I often forget to get someone up in time when playing in the NL and pinch hitting late in games.
I believe S&T is a pre-cursor to the warm up...to facilitate getting him warm. I notice that some pitchers take only 3 batters to get ready....while others can be 5. S&T ahead of time cuts down on warm up time when you really need it and it doesn't fatigue them at all like warm up does(if you leave him warming up without using the "keep warm"(forget the actual term in the game) option when he is ready.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2015, 01:53 PM   #122
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I believe S&T is a pre-cursor to the warm up...to facilitate getting him warm. I notice that some pitchers take only 3 batters to get ready....while others can be 5. S&T ahead of time cuts down on warm up time when you really need it and it doesn't fatigue them at all like warm up does(if you leave him warming up without using the "keep warm"(forget the actual term in the game) option when he is ready.

M.K.
Knight165
Thanks. So, does "keep warm" not effect stamina either?
Old 03-13-2015, 02:06 PM   #123
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Thanks. So, does "keep warm" not effect stamina either?
It does not.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-13-2015, 02:48 PM   #124
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It does not.

M.K.
Knight165
Exactly. I stretch and toss a guy an inning before I even think about putting him in the game. See how my starter does his first batter of the next inning. If he gives up a hit, or walk I then warm up that same pitcher and it takes one batter and a mound visit plus maybe some warm up pitches on the mound when he enters the game (which I do anyway) to get him fully warm.

If my pitcher is doing well....I check him again and if he is almost or fully warm..."ready and waiting" is my next toggle for him.
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)
Coming soon:
CFB 25 (PS5)
Madden 25 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 03-13-2015, 02:55 PM   #125
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Exactly. I stretch and toss a guy an inning before I even think about putting him in the game. See how my starter does his first batter of the next inning. If he gives up a hit, or walk I then warm up that same pitcher and it takes one batter and a mound visit plus maybe some warm up pitches on the mound when he enters the game (which I do anyway) to get him fully warm.

If my pitcher is doing well....I check him again and if he is almost or fully warm..."ready and waiting" is my next toggle for him.
I like all of those options, but I tend to be kinda picky on what I use when playing vs. the CPU. I'm pretty sure I've never seen it use either of those options no matter how long a pitcher warms up for, so I don't really use them either. And I have seen the CPU bring in a pitcher completely cold before, too (it's kind of obvious in quick game mode because they'll come in with significantly less than a full green bar of stamina).

It's basically just dumbing down my own game to match the AI's capabilities, but I feel like it's the only fair thing to do. YMMV
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2015, 06:17 PM   #126
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

After watching roughly 4 hours of this, just a stark reminder how badly this game needs refreshed and more dynamic commentary.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:55 PM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
After watching roughly 4 hours of this, just a stark reminder how badly this game needs refreshed and more dynamic commentary.
Exactly what I thought as well
Old 03-13-2015, 07:19 PM   #128
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
This has to be one of the hardest parts to implement. It's nothing against the commentary in the game, but personally I haven't listened to it for years - even when I'm watching games, I rarely want to listen to an announcer other than Vin Scully. And I think they (Dev and Mgmt) do a good job of prioritizing valuable features, so I'm okay with commentary's current priority.

I'm sure there are better engines out there for dialog, but what would be the value to us, the gamers? Is the commentary really a material feature that is going to sway your decision to buy the game? I'm sure for some this will apply, but overall, I can't imagine that being the case.

As for the stream, the game looks fabulous. I'm excited to play the game in a couple weeks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »