Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-13-2015, 10:27 AM   #161
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

The new shooting online is awful. MyPark games have turned into 3-point shooting contests. I could hit a good amount of jumpshots pre-patch, now everybody's a shooter. I remember scoring three consecutive three pointers pre-patch and I felt like my shooting game was on fleek that game because it wasn't something that occured a lot until now, people run up, zig zag around and hit every three pointer even if well contested. I hit two perfect releases yesterday with hands in my face, it's just ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2015, 10:40 AM   #162
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
The new shooting online is awful. MyPark games have turned into 3-point shooting contests. I could hit a good amount of jumpshots pre-patch, now everybody's a shooter. I remember scoring three consecutive three pointers pre-patch and I felt like my shooting game was on fleek that game because it wasn't something that occured a lot until now, people run up, zig zag around and hit every three pointer even if well contested. I hit two perfect releases yesterday with hands in my face, it's just ridiculous.
Lol that's essentially the stage. If you're not getting greens your gonna be broke
Old 03-13-2015, 10:42 AM   #163
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Not sure but after simulating through a season in a new MyLeague post patch I think they did tweak the regression. Here are ALL the overall rating drops of players under 30 years old after season 1:

JR Smith -1
Ilyasova -1
Shumpert -1
Horford -1
Deng -2
Kidd-Gilchrist -2 (played just 10 games due to injury)
Ty Lawson -1 (injury)
Embiid -2 (injury)
Aaron Gordon -1 (injury)
JJ Hickson -1
George Hill -1
Damjan Rudez -1
Roy Hibbert -1
Paul George -2 (injury)
Omer Asik -2
Jodie Meeks -2
Gerald Green -2
Wilson Chandley -1
Amir Johnson -1
Seraphin -1
Ariza -1
Josh Smith -3 (Torn Achilles)
Jeremy Lamb -2 (played 1 game)
Nikola Pekovic -2
Nicolas Batum -4 (Torn MCL)

That is EVERYBODY in MyLeague who regressed that was under 30 years old. Only a few guys above 30 y/o lossed more than 3 points (Tim Duncan, Pau Gasol, David Lee, Kevin Martin, Amare Stoudemire, Chris Anderson, Tony Allen, Turkoglu, Varejao, G. Wallace, Nene, Taj, and Zaza)

Regression seems to be fixed.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:43 AM   #164
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

If you're referring to the park in MyPark, then I have no clue what game you've been playing the past 6 months because the park has and will always be like that.

I think the new patch is great, and I'll stand by that. The shoes are fixed, the rest of the badges are fixed, the game runs smoother than ever at the Rec, defensive movements feel better, and the shooting feels great.

The only thing I could mention negatively would be the man-to-man defensive icons, they seem to be a little haywire. But I will take the high road and just assume that we all need to be bumping off our man better and play help defense/switch.

Bottom line: the game just got a little better in my opinion, and I'm totally cool widdat.

If you have qualms with the park/rec based on the new patch, that's fine, but trust me, overall it's better, there's always going to be things/people that just cheese it out because it's an online sports game.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 03-13-2015, 10:51 AM   #165
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Unfortunately my download took all night (it's done now). Any ranked match head to head impressions ?? Anything changed/tweaked ?

I know they tweaked the gameplay with after the all-star roster update (more blocks, missed dunks etc).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2015, 10:58 AM   #166
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax52277
Not trying to be a wise guy here..but wasn't the main complaint of bricking wide open jumpshot, not getting green realises..NOW NO MORE CRYING STEP YOUR GAME UP (PRACTICE) LEARN HOW TO PLAY DEFENSE. the movement on defense has been tweaked i'm loving it.

You get what you ask for.
This, basically. Sure, some BS shots are gonna fall, that's what happens in basketball. You can only play good defense and hope it was enough to cause a miss. But it was ridiculous having to go like 3-14 on all wide open shots in some games. If you are successful in getting to the open spots or breaking your man down in order to get open, you should be rewarded with a higher volumes of makes.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:09 AM   #167
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
This, basically. Sure, some BS shots are gonna fall, that's what happens in basketball. You can only play good defense and hope it was enough to cause a miss. But it was ridiculous having to go like 3-14 on all wide open shots in some games. If you are successful in getting to the open spots or breaking your man down in order to get open, you should be rewarded with a higher volumes of makes.
No you are rewarded with a open shot attempt. Release, type of shot ,spot on floor and individual shot ratings still matter.

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 03-13-2015, 11:35 AM   #168
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Glad to be able to get Bruiser on both my PF and C.
Kansas State Wildcats

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »