Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-13-2015, 09:21 AM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Ok not sure why some folks have really long download times. 22 Minutes from start to finish for PS4. Now I have no idea what was fixed I haven't noticed anything yet I only played 1 game last night. If they post the notes from the patch will it be on the 2K site? Just curious what they really fixed as this thread seems to have a lot of speculation but no answers.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:28 AM   #154
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

My experience playing in the park with the patch.....

I feel that I can control my center a bit better without him going out of position when moving the sticks lightly

Blocking seems better (need more tests)

Guys seems to shoot with ease now....now I don't shoot much since I play a "defensive" center (lol) but I've noticed when I have my hands up on guys faces they just make the shot with ease.....might as well have invisible arms when trying to contest a shot.

Overall meh....only thing positive is that I can control myplayer better....for a maxxed out athletic "defensive" center he feels a bit better athletically....
Old 03-13-2015, 10:12 AM   #155
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
After playing 5 games (3 MC and 2 normal SS/Sim 12min quarters) here are my gameplay impressions:

1. Defense is back - prior to patch 4, defense had turned into bumper cars and traffic cones. Now I feel defense is as responsive as I've seen it this year.
  2. In 5 games I only had 1 blown dunk. Prior to the patch I'd have 1 or more a game. This is good.
  3. The ai players on the user controlled team are more responsive to loose balls and 50-50 situations.
  4. Passing is still the weak link in this year's version and needs the most work on. There are times directional passing ignored my sticks and passed it to an unexpected recipient. This resulted in turnovers 100% of the time such a pass occurred.
I am not seeing the issues with 3-point shots others are. Perhaps it is because the defense is better and I can contest shots more than I was before but the results in both MC and the standard games were expected. There were times Manu Ginoble got hot for the Spurs but Greene or the others on the team never got any unexpected shots to go in with consistency.

I had unusual comebacks by the ai in two of the games: one MC and one standard game - where huge runs were proceeded by 3 cheap fouls being awarded early in a quarter to spark the run. Both comebacks followed the same script which is why they stood out to me. These were fouls charged to ai controlled players and they were both shooting and non-shooting fouls.
I'll enbrace losing by 30 AI comebacks miss layups scripted games things not going my way, it's all good now before i felt like i had no real defense to have a chance to win.

I hope 2k don't change a thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2015, 10:15 AM   #156
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
Yeah...that's the point I was trying to make...I'm a shooting "God". /sarcasm

Come on guys...GROW UP.

I didn't make the comment to stroke my ego and tell everyone at OS how AWESOME I am at the game. This isn't a pissing contest...so don't turn it into one.

However, there is a huge problem with threads like this and people who post...if you're ONLY playing OFFLINE and refuse to even TRY one game online to experience what I'm talking about...then why should we bother listening or debating?

I'm not being RUDE, but it's a legitimate question.

You're comparing games against the CPU for crying out loud. You only know how the shooting is for YOU. Go online and watch someone make 75% of their jump shots and tell me if you still have the same opinion.
First of all watch your tone. Just because some one has a difference of opinion doesn't mean they need to grow up and I didnt refer to you specifically with my comment but it does surely happen on this site and ive seen 2k chqnge the game because of it.

Secondly i could give a crap about online for many reasons..... and wasnt talking about online. I was speaking for offline players which are far greater in number than you may care to acknowledge.

I dont care how mad you are about it. If youre only talking about online then youre giving a one sided perspective.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:18 AM   #157
MVP

lareka's Arena

I was in the post -season with Denver playing against GSW before the patch and I got the 3-0 lead over them. But CPU really did his best ( cheeses , glitches ,everything ) and tied the series up 3-3 until I got the update yesterday and played 1st half of the game 7 and i'm leading by 25 points. I basically played the same way last 2 games especially but I wasn't able to stop opponent from scoring. It felt like they'd do whatever it takes to score : Off. rebound, shooting over people, getting cheap and 1s, playing like superman and etc and my shots which were good shots not going in. You know the feeling...

After the yesterday's update shots are falling much easier for me and I am able to stop the opponent for real. There are lots of small changes in terms of gameplay and since i was playing against the same team in the post-season before and after the patch I can clearly say that the gameplay has changed !

There was not a single moment in that series that I had 15 points lead against GSW but right now I have. Same team, same sliders, same opponent, same type of game, same points of emphasis, same line-up, i take the same shots and defend the same way but the result is very different = that's because of the patch number 4
Old 03-13-2015, 10:25 AM   #158
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Still no fix for those end of game highlights eh? I like this game a lot, but if that issue isn't resolved by next year I may just pass on the game. Are there any devs in the thread who can explain why this is so difficult to remedy? The game is beautiful, I want to watch my player highlights at the end. If it can't be done (which I find hard to believe since it's been done in years past), then just take it out of the game. It's crazy to have the game tell you about the highlights and then glitch right through them.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:27 AM   #159
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Updated OP.

UPDATE: (via @Ronnie2K) Another thing addressed last night was fix to deal w/ rare occurrences that led to NBA 2K15 MyPARK rep being stuck. Should no longer happen.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-13-2015, 10:27 AM   #160
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
It's really odd...because I think the game post-patch plays really well...it's more of a realistic feel of what you see in an NBA game. You have to play defense or guys will make lots of shots...and against the CPU with patches to defensive movement and AI, it feels really good.

No more herky jerky, clunky feel to certain player movements...no more NBA players CONSTANTLY missing layups...the game just feels and responds a lot better.

But...you can throw that out the window as soon as you put this in an online (or offline) User Vs. User environment.

The shooting just makes it too easy to score, even with good defense.

I'll give 2K some credit...there are lots of positive changes. Defense is as responsive as ever. The CPU seems to play smarter. Players controlled by the CPU seem to play more like their real-life counterparts. Floor spacing is better. Foul calls are more realistic, but still called. Things feel less predictable than before.

All this makes for a better experience. But the shooting just needs to be Nerf'd a little bit. Not even all that much. Mostly just the contested shots. I think a small tweak could do the trick.
I didnt even bother to download the pathc but after reading this i am going to thank you. Hopefully this is offline

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »