Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-13-2015, 02:37 AM   #129
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTicket205
Downloading the patch for my ps4 now... Judging by the post its gonna be awhile... I mainly play on my XB1 though.... I dont understand why its always the last to get the patches... Whatever just hope it's worth all this waiting!

With the old consoles it use to be the PS3 was the last too get the patch. Not sure but I think 2k now uses the PS4 and ports it to the Xbox1, where before it was made for the 360 and prted to the PS3. That might be why the PS4 is getting the patches sooner, although I don't know that to be the reason.

It will definitely be a while before its downloaded unfortunately,lol. I didn't think mine was ever going to finish.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 03-13-2015, 02:49 AM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 0
Did they fix the bug that make your GM freeze when using a custom roster?
Old 03-13-2015, 02:57 AM   #131
Rookie

Might have to hold off on the mypark/online games for now.

I didn't think anything was wrong with the shot releases pre-patch 4, but now it's just way too easy to score a green release. I'm not really a fan of how much more control you get of the player. Sure it's harder in 2k15 to move around the court due to a heavier emphasis on momentum, but this patch really decreases that so-called momentum.

Before this patch, 2k15 took skill in terms of shot releases and handling player speeds/adjusting to player momentum. Post-patch, consider that skill null.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2015, 03:10 AM   #132
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

The problem is tied to green releases being guaranteed to go in.

The patch has made green releases happen at a much higher frequency. It is now possible to get green releases on contested shots which has made the jumpshooting percentages completely out of whack. I was even able to get a green release on a leaning jumpshot with 2 people in my face.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:55 AM   #133
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
I'm interested in this issue, and have a few theories:
- The substitution logic will bring a player with 0 minutes into the game if it goes into garbage time, and unfortunately sometimes it might be an injured player. We're aware of the issue and have some fixes planned (can't make any promises for this year). This should never happen for a player that isn't in the top 13 in the rotation, as at that point he's not even brought to the arena, let alone allowed to be substituted in. But if he's top-13 and 0 minutes, he might still play sometimes if all the top rotation players are sat down to rest, which is unfortunate for injured players.
- Another way an out-of-rotation injured player can aggravate is through training. Make sure to select Injury Rehab under Physical training. If aggravations are happening even with players that are focusing on Rehab, I definitely would like to hear about it, because that's not an issue I'm aware of.

Any more detailed information about the player's rotation spot and minutes and training regime when the aggravation happened would be helpful, but rest assured this is an issue we're looking to fix.
I think he's just not changing his training type.

However I did run into an issue where I gave Russell Westbrook his broken hand injury in my Custom Roster for 30 days and the CPU controlled OKC ended up keeping him out until the All-Star break in MyGM.

I also saw it with a few other players where I give them injuries before starting the mode and their injury time remains at whatever it started as for the entirety of the season.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:58 AM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just played a Jordan Rec center game. No body misses. Every three and contested shot went in, all mid range jumpers went in. Pretty boring now that defense doesn't actually matter. 2k really messed up. Terrible patch.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:14 AM   #135
Rookie

I play My League and My Career and I've definitely noticed higher shooting percentages by both user and CPU teams after the patch. In My League I'm going to have to change my sliders again, but not much can be done about My Career. Pretty much just have to average 60 ppg, teammates have been able to hit some shots tho that's 1 positive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2015, 05:18 AM   #136
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt_XxX
Just played a Jordan Rec center game. No body misses. Every three and contested shot went in, all mid range jumpers went in. Pretty boring now that defense doesn't actually matter. 2k really messed up. Terrible patch.

One more person that has credibility with me about 2K.

Upset to hear that, man. I am hoping 2K does take a few weeks to drop the patch for Xbox One or postpone it like they did with the last one.

Hopefully, they don't leave it that way.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »