Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-13-2015, 01:58 AM   #121
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Hmm.. played some more games. Might have to admit to a fallacy on my behalf. Shooting, does infact, appear to be too easy. Better than before, certainly. But the realization hit me in the face harder than acne during my teenage years. It's basically chucking it and making it with very little skill required. Interesting revelation indeed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2015, 02:06 AM   #122
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Downloading the patch right now. Wow, didn't expect there to be another--seriously, props to 2K for there being one this late at all.

But anyway...do player-locked centers and PFs (such as in MyCareer) still pull down 30 boards a game? Can anyone with the patch tell?
Old 03-13-2015, 02:07 AM   #123
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

I'm hearing a lot of bad things about the shooting in that patch. 2K please fix it before it comes to X1. That's one thing I hate about patches man. It's always something.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 03-13-2015, 02:17 AM   #124
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kackle85
Any chance the regression issue was tweaked?

This is the only thing left that I really want to be fixed.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:19 AM   #125
Rookie

OVR: 6

Cant believe no one mentioned this but the small hiccup dribling animation after letting go of the sprint button R2/RT appears to be gone!! Good work Beluba!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2015, 02:22 AM   #126
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
Just tested out the patch in online ranked.(I play a TON of online ranked games with a very good record btw). I agree, this game is much more cheesy online now.

My very first game, I played a guy who was able to score 54 on me with harden on mostly contested jumpshots, and this isnt a exaggeration. He jacked up 24 3's with harden alone and made 10 of them which equals close to 42%.

The scariest part is that this guy wasnt even a good cheeser, he was absolutely atrocious at creating any open looks/ space for him with his zig zags. Also the amount of leaning contested shots this guy was making with people right in his face feels very 2k13 ish.

I cant even imagine how awful it will be for the people who play park or myteam. This really killed the game for me, I probably will be putting this game down now and moving on to something else.
Zig zag has more power than ever now.

Your experience was the same as mine. As soon as people realize how many shots go in now, especially with the good and great players...literally all they do is zig zag and shoot with that one guy.

The game plays better...but the number of contested shots that go in is CRAZY. And most of my games so far have been against lousy cheesers...like you said, a "good" cheeser will have a field day.

MyTeam was a little better...mainly because you can build your roster. This last game some guy who obviously watched Kyrie earlier tonight wanted to shoot every time with him. Luckily, I have Gary Payton and Gold Perimeter Lockdown, which actually works now.

That was my saving grace...but even with that, man...it was hard to keep up with the zig zagging.

One thing that helps...if you use the hold R2/L2 quick slide on defense, it can be effective. But you have to pick your spots with it. And have to give some ground and then react to the shot...just crowding guys won't work as effectively anymore.

Also on-ball defense seems to help...manual shot contests seem to make a much bigger difference on shot results. I guess that is the only "good" thing to come of this. It seems like you get rewarded a bit for playing on-ball. But it ain't easy.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:26 AM   #127
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyDawn88
Hmm.. played some more games. Might have to admit to a fallacy on my behalf. Shooting, does infact, appear to be too easy. Better than before, certainly. But the realization hit me in the face harder than acne during my teenage years. It's basically chucking it and making it with very little skill required. Interesting revelation indeed.
I liked it too after two games...then it sunk in how easy it was and open to abuse. Personally, even if something is exploitable, I still play basketball and don't abuse it...but I'm the RARE person who does that.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:29 AM   #128
Rookie

TheBigTicket205's Arena

Downloading the patch for my ps4 now... Judging by the post its gonna be awhile... I mainly play on my XB1 though.... I dont understand why its always the last to get the patches... Whatever just hope it's worth all this waiting!

Love, Live, Life and always game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »