Home

MLB 15 The Show Video - Diamondbacks vs. Nationals, Dodgers vs. Padres & RTTS

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Video - Diamondbacks vs. Nationals, Dodgers vs. Padres & RTTS within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-11-2015, 03:53 PM   #81
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Video - Diamondbacks vs. Nationals, Dodgers vs. Padres & RTTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I own 7 versions of PYS... I'm interested in particulars of what you think is better.

Oh wait, that's my video.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

Both games have their strengths and weaknesses. If they can make a love child someday we would be in a baseball heaven.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2015, 04:09 PM   #82
Rookie

Mgbleu1986's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut99
Both games have their strengths and weaknesses. If they can make a love child someday we would be in a baseball heaven.
Hahaha touche!
Old 03-11-2015, 04:21 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: MLB 15 The Show Video - Diamondbacks vs. Nationals, Dodgers vs. Padres & RTTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
Home run cut scene is exactly the same .. And so is the intro cut scene . Although I appreciate some of the small additions it's hard not to think you are watching mlb 14, or to a lesser degree mlb13
i thought they removed the hr camera.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:51 PM   #84
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut99
Which is exactly why I wanted to know specifically what he likes better.

YouTube

Old 03-11-2015, 07:00 PM   #85
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Do we know if SCEA (or Sony), whatever it is... has partnership contracts with any major broadcasting company? Like just as example, I know they dont partner with FOX, but if they did, they could use Fox's intro/outro music in between innings, start of game, end of game, etc... Anything like that? (Especially since the different Fox Sports regional networks cover most games now (unless the team has their own dedicated network like the Yankees YES or Sox NESN or Rockies ROOT, etc).
I guess this is considered a fun fact: Sony SDS used to have a partnership with TNT for their basketball game, way back when.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 3
Typical internet forums. Nickpicking the worst things (intro music, terminology used to describe ai logic, players running across the mound, etc..) Instead of thinking about how a video game has embraced the nuances of the game and quite literally made something pretty fantastic. Small things: the ease of shifts, seeing pitch counts, new pitch indicator, dynamic lighting, realistic skin tones, improved stadiums and backgrounds, new hit direction camera, coach challenges, new radio, trade logic, trade finder, etc etc etc

Seriously people. This world of immediate gratification and entitlement is creeping into video games now? How about you load up NHL 15 and realize how god-awful that sports game is, and then come back and play this excellently supported and developed game and remind yourself that you are playing something for fun, not for perfection.

I thought mlb 14 was rushed and it showed. It is VERY clear that they have had more time to work on this game. Is it perfect? Does it simulate being IN the ballpark? No, of course not. Does it look fun? Is there care and love put into the game? Do the developers listen to feedback? YES.

Stop complaining for the sake of complaining. Enjoy it or don't. Voice your opinion if you want. Just know that if you do voice your opinion, you are contributing to being a llama.

/rant
Old 03-11-2015, 07:09 PM   #87
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm impressed with this game as always. As far as the stream goes, there's nothing that really has a "Wow" factor for me. The Show is, by far, my favorite sports game of all time, and it has been since I started playing in '09. The improvements to this game are better and better each year. And while nothing literally jumps out of the screen for me, the subtle improvements (lighting, licensed equipment, etc.) show a commitment to making the game better each and every year. There really isn't a need for them to re-invent the wheel with this game. It's the most solid sports title on the market, and it actually plays a good game of baseball out of the box. With slider adjustments, you just can't beat the realistic baseball simulation that The Show provides, year in and year out. The Show '15 will be a release-day buy for me, just as it has been for the last six years.

And as a Dodger fan, I'm loving the improvement to the blue on the Dodger uniforms. If there was one thing that did "pop" for me, it was that. See? It's the little things that count. LOL
Old 03-11-2015, 07:10 PM   #88
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynutees
Typical internet forums. Nickpicking the worst things (intro music, terminology used to describe ai logic, players running across the mound, etc..) Instead of thinking about how a video game has embraced the nuances of the game and quite literally made something pretty fantastic. Small things: the ease of shifts, seeing pitch counts, new pitch indicator, dynamic lighting, realistic skin tones, improved stadiums and backgrounds, new hit direction camera, coach challenges, new radio, trade logic, trade finder, etc etc etc

Seriously people. This world of immediate gratification and entitlement is creeping into video games now? How about you load up NHL 15 and realize how god-awful that sports game is, and then come back and play this excellently supported and developed game and remind yourself that you are playing something for fun, not for perfection.

I thought mlb 14 was rushed and it showed. It is VERY clear that they have had more time to work on this game. Is it perfect? Does it simulate being IN the ballpark? No, of course not. Does it look fun? Is there care and love put into the game? Do the developers listen to feedback? YES.

Stop complaining for the sake of complaining. Enjoy it or don't. Voice your opinion if you want. Just know that if you do voice your opinion, you are contributing to being a llama.

/rant
This message is llama approved!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »