Home

MLB 15 The Show Stream - Licensed Equipment, Universal Rewards & Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Stream - Licensed Equipment, Universal Rewards & Diamond Dynasty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-09-2015, 01:14 PM   #417
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 15 The Show Stream - Licensed Equipment, Universal Rewards & Diamond Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
While I agree with the SCEA is a hard working team statement I totally disagree on your reasoning while theres no competition or other video game system MLB Baseball games .

As 2k was under contract to make that game with that horrible licensed game contract after EA took Football and why do you think EA chose to re make NBA Live instead of bringing back MVP Baseball ?

Ill give you a hint $$$$ as theres just not enough sales for another Licensed MLB baseball game to warrant it well at least not enough for EA IMO .
If I'm understanding this correctly... you disagree with my assessment on why there's no competition, but in your argument on why you disagree, you validate my argument on why there isn't any. (Not enough sales to go around) Is that because the Show's taking them all because they're the best.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:46 PM   #418
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 15 The Show Stream - Licensed Equipment, Universal Rewards & Diamond Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
If I'm understanding this correctly... you disagree with my assessment on why there's no competition, but in your argument on why you disagree, you validate my argument on why there isn't any. (Not enough sales to go around) Is that because the Show's taking them all because they're the best.
Yes their hard working but no on why , as theres just not enough sales on a MLB game and one system .
Old 03-10-2015, 05:49 AM   #419
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Yes their hard working but no on why , as theres just not enough sales on a MLB game and one system .
Well if a third party made a MLB game it would be multiplat, at least XBO and PS4. But your assessment is correct I feel on why there is no competition for The Show. The market just isn't very large for MLB video games right now.

Even MLB 2k13 sold around 400k copies on X360, while MLB 13 sold around 650k.

That isn't a gigantic gap when you consider The Show is considered the vastly better product.

Even if EA put out an MVP baseball that was better than The Show and on multiple platforms, it just doesn't have a pool of customers large enough to make it a worth while investment. You have to bet hard that there are a lot of MLB fans that want a game, but cannot purchase one due to not owning a Sony console.

But, I hope we do someday see the return of MVP. It's just...what would it even be, could they even come close to what MVP 2005 was? Even then 2K and EA were battling it out for sales as 2K5 and MVP 2005 both sold well on PS2.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:32 AM   #420
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Well if a third party made a MLB game it would be multiplat, at least XBO and PS4. But your assessment is correct I feel on why there is no competition for The Show. The market just isn't very large for MLB video games right now.

Even MLB 2k13 sold around 400k copies on X360, while MLB 13 sold around 650k.

That isn't a gigantic gap when you consider The Show is considered the vastly better product.

Even if EA put out an MVP baseball that was better than The Show and on multiple platforms, it just doesn't have a pool of customers large enough to make it a worth while investment. You have to bet hard that there are a lot of MLB fans that want a game, but cannot purchase one due to not owning a Sony console.

But, I hope we do someday see the return of MVP. It's just...what would it even be, could they even come close to what MVP 2005 was? Even then 2K and EA were battling it out for sales as 2K5 and MVP 2005 both sold well on PS2.
I'm worried about sports games in general. It seems like sports titles are dropping like flies. The market for them seems like it gets smaller each year.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-10-2015, 06:10 PM   #421
Persona Non Grata

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I'm worried about sports games in general. It seems like sports titles are dropping like flies. The market for them seems like it gets smaller each year.
I think the wave of the future for sports games will be to move from a yearly release to a release every 2-3 years. Just a thought.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2015, 06:31 PM   #422
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I think the wave of the future for sports games will be to move from a yearly release to a release every 2-3 years. Just a thought.
Why would companies intentionally give up revenue? There is no reason for the likes of EA, 2k, or SCEA to move to every other year.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:38 PM   #423
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Not going to happen. Gaming companies are publicly traded in most cases and they have quotas and earnings to strive for. Not to mention, removing your game from a yearly cycle decreases the name brand recognition and opens up the door for other companies that can (and will) churn out products on a annual basis.

Even for the worst sports games, it is usually more profitable to keep releasing a half-baked product with sometimes nothing more than a roster update (See NHL 15 for 360 and PS3) than it is to not release a game at all.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:56 PM   #424
Persona Non Grata

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Why would companies intentionally give up revenue? There is no reason for the likes of EA, 2k, or SCEA to move to every other year.
The only reason would be if the revenue was no longer worth their ROI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Not going to happen. Gaming companies are publicly traded in most cases and they have quotas and earnings to strive for. Not to mention, removing your game from a yearly cycle decreases the name brand recognition and opens up the door for other companies that can (and will) churn out products on a annual basis.

Even for the worst sports games, it is usually more profitable to keep releasing a half-baked product with sometimes nothing more than a roster update (See NHL 15 for 360 and PS3) than it is to not release a game at all.
Yeah, I buy those half-baked games just so they'll keep making yearly releases
#44Syracuse

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »