Home

MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players For Each Team

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players For Each Team within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-08-2015, 07:03 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players For Each Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
You reason for Hamilton not being a 99 was because he got caught stealing 23 times last year. Henderson got caught stealing 20+ times in 3 seasons. Including 42 time the year he stole 130. And just because Hamilton stole 165 bases in the minors doesnt really take anything away from that. Plenty of catchers in the minors have the arm strength to throw out runners.
You want to compare Hamilton with Henderson, great, here is a link to Henderson's record http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...enderi01.shtml

Alright now, why was Stanton more successful than Hamilton? Stanton is rated 57 for speed, about half of Hamilton's. Now the catchers who threw out Hamilton had a hard time throwing out slowpoke Stanton?

Let's go on, Henderson was caught 42 times but stole 130 bases, and he did it in the majors! Since when do we use minor league stats for players who have had a full season in the majors?

Go ahead and compare Hamilton's first full season with first full season for Henderson. You can then compare other full season's for both.

You want to use minor league stats for all players who have had a full season in the majors, one full season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2015, 07:23 PM   #106
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
You want to compare Hamilton with Henderson, great, here is a link to Henderson's record http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...enderi01.shtml

Alright now, why was Stanton more successful than Hamilton? Stanton is rated 57 for speed, about half of Hamilton's. Now the catchers who threw out Hamilton had a hard time throwing out slowpoke Stanton?

Let's go on, Henderson was caught 42 times but stole 130 bases, and he did it in the majors! Since when do we use minor league stats for players who have had a full season in the majors?

Go ahead and compare Hamilton's first full season with first full season for Henderson. You can then compare other full season's for both.

You want to use minor league stats for all players who have had a full season in the majors, one full season?
So what are you arguing? That Stanton should be faster or Hamilton's steal ability should be lower. They dont play on the same team. They dont face the same catchers every game. Hamilton plays against Molina. I have no clue what catchers are in the NL East,. But they arent as good as Molina. And its not up to the catcher alone. When Hamilton is on base. Pitchers are going to be throwing more FBs compared to win Stanton is on.

And no normally we dont use stats from the minors. But stolen bases isnt a normal argument. A player can hit .300 in the minors because the talent level of pitchers is lower. But just because you are a catcher in the minors doesnt mean its because you cant throw out a runner.

Eric Hosmer stole 16 bases in 2012 and was only caught 1 time. No way in hell his steal ability should be higher than Hamilton's.

Last edited by HozAndMoose; 03-08-2015 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:36 PM   #107
MVP

Quote:
So what are you arguing? That Stanton should be faster or Hamilton's steal ability should be lower. They dont play on the same team. They dont face the same catchers every game. Hamilton plays against Molina. I have no clue what catchers are in the NL East,. But they arent as good as Molina. And its not up to the catcher alone. When Hamilton is on base. Pitchers are going to be throwing more FBs compared to win Stanton is on.

Eric Hosmer stole 16 bases in 2012 and was only caught 1 times. No way in hell his steal ability should be higher than Hamilton's.
Have I said Stanton's steal ability should be higher than Hamilton's? No.

You didn't answer my question. You want to use minor league stats for all players with just one full year in the majors?
Old 03-08-2015, 07:43 PM   #108
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Have I said Stanton's steal ability should be higher than Hamilton's? No.

You didn't answer my question. You want to use minor league stats for all players with just one full year in the majors?
I edited my last post with that. Not sure why im arguing that anyway. I dont think Hamilton should be 99. But he should at least be 90.

My point in getting into this was you are comparing Hamilton and Stanton for no reason. Just because Hamilton got caught 23 times and Stanton only once doesnt mean Stanton should be faster than 57 or Hamilton lower than 99 steal ability.

And then you brought up SB% and when nomo countered that you completely dismissed SB%.

Last edited by HozAndMoose; 03-08-2015 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:53 PM   #109
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-08-2015, 07:56 PM   #110
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

Jarrod Dyson should have 99 steal ability though. And whoever does KC for OSFM. Terrance Gore should have 100 somehow.

Last edited by HozAndMoose; 03-08-2015 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:05 PM   #111
MVP

Quote:
I edited my last post with that. Not sure why im arguing that anyway. I dont think Hamilton should be 99. But he should at least be 90.

My point in getting into this was you are comparing Hamilton and Stanton for no reason. Just because Hamilton got caught 23 times and Stanton only once doesnt mean Stanton should be faster than 57 or Hamilton lower than 99 steal ability.

And then you brought up SB% and when nomo countered that you completely dismissed SB%.
I agree with you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2015, 10:11 PM   #112
Rookie

Jays20593's Arena

OVR: 4

How is Marcus Stroman at least not a high 70, yet Sanchez is an 81????

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »