Home

MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players at Each Position

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players at Each Position within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-08-2015, 04:10 PM   #49
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players at Each Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut99
Well in the playoffs Madbum better be rated 99!!

I like the rating system this year. Kershaw should be 99 but in the playoffs should be rated 70. I wish they had a playoff rating some players just play better than others in the playoffs. Sandoval is another one that comes to mind.

They have a clutch rating, which I believe relates to playoff performance/situations.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:15 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
They have a clutch rating, which I believe relates to playoff performance/situations.
Description for Pitching Clutch in RTTS (and I assume it to be the same in all modes) is:

"Pitching Clutch affects your pitching ability when there are runners on base"

Whether that's all it does - who knows. Obviously that will, by nature, also have a pretty meaningful effect in the playoffs even if that's all it does.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:24 PM   #51
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Description for Pitching Clutch in RTTS (and I assume it to be the same in all modes) is:

"Pitching Clutch affects your pitching ability when there are runners on base"

Whether that's all it does - who knows. Obviously that will, by nature, also have a pretty meaningful effect in the playoffs even if that's all it does.
This is one of those questions worth asking during the live stream with the SDS devs... does Clutch ratings affect things during the playoff games, not just while runners are on base?? Unfortunately I'm usually at work when the live streams and the commenting is active, so cannot do myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2015, 05:44 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 0

interesting they talk about pitching confidence with the coach to the mount I had no idea about that

now you idiot mods m can ban this account too so I can create another 50 accounts with 50 different IPs it only took you 6 months to find out who I was before, so were hungry trip jerk off for to and press ban on this one you c'nts

just made this account so you could see this post
Old 03-08-2015, 06:37 PM   #53
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by takelong
interesting they talk about pitching confidence with the coach to the mount I had no idea about that

now you idiot mods m can ban this account too so I can create another 50 accounts with 50 different IPs it only took you 6 months to find out who I was before, so were hungry trip jerk off for to and press ban on this one you c'nts

just made this account so you could see this post
Uhh what??

Not sure why you are getting mad when you broke the rules and got banned. No one forced you to do whatever it was you did.

Last edited by HozAndMoose; 03-08-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:49 PM   #54
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
This is one of those questions worth asking during the live stream with the SDS devs... does Clutch ratings affect things during the playoff games, not just while runners are on base?? Unfortunately I'm usually at work when the live streams and the commenting is active, so cannot do myself.

I believe on one of the latest streams, the devs were about to start a game with the Giants, and somebody mentioned MadBum's overall rating and implied it was lower than expected. Then Russell mentioned that even though his ovr wasnt as high as some of the top pitchers, his clutch rating was pretty high due in part to his postseason performance.

Im sure there is more tied into that rating than just postseason performance and yeah maybe one of the devs could comment on that in one of the future streams.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:06 PM   #55
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
I believe on one of the latest streams, the devs were about to start a game with the Giants, and somebody mentioned MadBum's overall rating and implied it was lower than expected. Then Russell mentioned that even though his ovr wasnt as high as some of the top pitchers, his clutch rating was pretty high due in part to his postseason performance.

Im sure there is more tied into that rating than just postseason performance and yeah maybe one of the devs could comment on that in one of the future streams.
I remember that, but there can be a difference between how Clutch attribute rating is assigned to a player and how that attribute plays out in the game, though.

Clutch isn't a very strong attribute, and it's entirely possible a guy like MadBum was given a high Clutch just to respond to people's expectation today that BadMum is a super-clutch guy. But if Clutch only works in RISP situations and such and not the whole time in important games like WS, then how the rating is given and its effect on the field would be different.

Clutch isn't really an ability anyways, so I think it's more of a "for-fun" type of thing than anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2015, 10:17 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 0
So what you're saying is Mike trout should be the #1 pick in a fantasy draft... I mean, Im not disagreeing, just interesting...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »