Home

MLB 15 The Show Anticipated Features

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Anticipated Features within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-06-2015, 11:17 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
I love GM contracts as a feature. Playing 2k15 with the owner setting goals and being demanding depending on the owner was great. I would though add a feature to the GM contracts that takes into consideration the season as a whole like if I'm playing as the Giants and the contract goal is to win the World Series but I lose Pence to a broken arm (like in real life) and Bumgarner lets says needs Tommy John surgery and I lose him for a few months the "owner" won't be as harsh if I don't meet the goals since injuries are non controllable in the game like in real life
Old 03-06-2015, 11:46 PM   #34
Rookie

How about fantasy made up stadiums or old time stadiums like all-star baseball by Acclaim had in their games. All-Star baseball also had a mode to build an expansion team and draft players around the league. I loved playing that mode.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:09 AM   #35
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15 The Show Anticipated Features

I'm most anticipating Directional Hitting. I think it's a really cool concept, and pretty simple. I play with Quick Counts now, and I swing at a lot more bad pitches with Quick Counts than I do without. I think directional hitting will help... if I have less than 2 strikes and the pitch isn't where I'm looking, I won't swing.

I also really like the new offseason contract logic for Franchise mode. Even though I normally don't get very far into the mode, it's good that I can't shortchange young players for a long time anymore.

I know I'm forgetting some really cool features (licensed equipment just came to mind, which'll add a lot of realism to the game). Pretty excited for midnight March 31!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2015, 06:55 AM   #36
Banned

I tell you what I'm not looking forward to. All the streams and trailers and pictures of the Show 15. I'm afraid they still haven't corrected the turf issue. It still looks like a green mat. No 3D like turf in Madden. I think Madden's turf looks very good! I'm sure there are some people out there that will disagree with me on that. I'm just giving my opinion.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:28 PM   #37
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

For me the two biggest features added is Licensed Equipment and Trade Finder

Licensed Equipment just adds so much to the visuals in gameplay. Watching the streams and seeing all of the Nike swooshes and Under Armour logos just makes it feel more like a real baseball game. I tried playing MLB 14 with generic equipment and it looked plain and empty.

Also Trade Finder is huge because I like to rebuild my organization by trading for and drafting high potential guys. Being able to easily do the trading is gonna help a lot.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:01 PM   #38
Rookie

spaceg0st's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
I am surprised there is so little talk about hitting and pitching mechanics. The Show has all the bells and whistles presentation wise but man there is something to desire when the choices for hitting and pitching don't even compare to pro yakyuu or power pros for that matter. I really just want them to rip off pro yakyuu. the batting in that game is sick and then rip of power pro for pitching. i want something more interactive and representative of baseball. pulse pitching is a joke, way too simple, the meter is ok and analog is getting closer. then with hitting analog is boring, the reticle is ok but so random at times. check out pro yakuu where your bat has to actually make contact with the ball. it is so awesome, and you pick a pull or push swing using the face buttons. hmmm. oh well. maybe next year.
I've been requesting for an option like this for years... literally, years. I even created a thread about it last year but after seeing your link, proyakyuu does hitting WAY better than my simple request. having the option to turn this type of hitting on or off in the options menu, is very doable and would be amazing within the show's physics/graphical gameplay. From being able to recognize the spin on the ball, to the size changes as it approaches, to the small reticle to align to, i really wish the devs would implement.

Last edited by spaceg0st; 03-08-2015 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:43 PM   #39
Banned

I really want to see if the following have been fixed:

- in MOM have pickoffs and pickoff attempts become anything more than non-existent

- do the stadiums look as large as they are in comparison to the sizes of the players

- has collision detection been resolved (ie, fans moonwalking while going up and down stadium steps, players getting stuck in walls, getting stuck running in position near the foul line walls, players running through each other)

- will camera angles truly become customizable

- will there really be career stats

- will commentary be more dynamic, will there be less of the same old repeated (many times in one game) one-liners
Old 03-12-2015, 09:42 AM   #40
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I am really excited for some of the little and not so little things like:

1. All the new infield and outfield animations, especially on outs, routine outs and base runners slowing down to first knowing they have been nailed. I have seen some gorgeous throwing animations on the streams. The pitchers motions look even smoother and more realistic than ever. The slide step is a nice touch as well!

2. The new speed differences for outfielders and base runners, better more realistic routes to fly balls, the improved throwing animations (no more wall sucking by outfielders) from the outfield, the new cut-off system. No more phantom tags at second or third.

3. New pitch breaks. I love what I see so far with the new trajectories on curves, sliders, changes etc. It looks a lot more realistic now.
These. Combined with the re-calculated velocities on fly balls, resulting in more realistic extra base hits.

Also, looking forward to
- checking out the trade logic changes in general, not just the trade finder feature.
- improved progression/regression algorithms. Hoping to see more balanced players when we get several years into franchise or RttS rather than the crazy stuff we'd see in years past (like 50+ players batting over .300, or almost every teams ERA's in the 5.00+ range.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »