Home

MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players For Each Team

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players For Each Team within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-08-2015, 08:22 AM   #89
All Star

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players For Each Team

How is Bellin Betances only an 86? That's lower than they rated him in the last update.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:16 AM   #90
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I was just making a general statement about what goes in into rating players in the area of base stealing. It wasn't even my opinion about how things should be.

I'm not gonna repeat the same argument that I've written a couple times for you already about how using minor league stats is a compromise, yet still much better compromise than rating a player based on some suggestion from someone who insists on only using MLB stats even when they are not sufficiently informative... due to lack of sample size... it's fine that's good enough for you, but we are not just discussing your preference here.

To me, a student's performance in 9th grade math class does have quite a bit of relevance to how he does in 10th grade math. And that's why many people would use that sort of information, if available.
I don't see the relevance of what a student does in Middle School to what a professional baseball player does in the major leagues. Hamilton played in 152 games last year, and you know his caught stealing percentage--he is not Ricky Henderson. Now he may at some point get to that stage, but as of now he is not and should be rated accordingly, and that is my opinion.

I already said minor league stats for rookies is a basis, not disputing that, but Hamilton has had a full season in the majors.

Obviously we don't agree on Hamilton.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:20 AM   #91
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN

can't say I'm impressed. Ortiz became a 79 by the AllStar Break from 88 starting the season. Players should regress/progress in the offseason because this way a player who was 88 starting the season might become useless by the end of the season.

Why not progress/regress during the season based on performance +/- 5 overall and make the big jump during the offseason. Don't like this progression/regression system...

Az én iPad készülékemről küldve a Tapatalk segítségével

They had 3 years to get it right and they still haven't. This is the one flaw in the game that really bugs me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2015, 11:38 AM   #92
Persona Non Grata

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN

can't say I'm impressed. Ortiz became a 79 by the AllStar Break from 88 starting the season. Players should regress/progress in the offseason because this way a player who was 88 starting the season might become useless by the end of the season.

Why not progress/regress during the season based on performance +/- 5 overall and make the big jump during the offseason. Don't like this progression/regression system...

In-season progression/regression should be in the game IMO, but on a much smaller scale no more than 2, 3 points maximum. Off-season 7-8 points maximum, again IMO
#44Syracuse
Old 03-08-2015, 11:47 AM   #93
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

In season progression/regression happens based on performance and I'm 99% sure they mentioned that injuries now effect a players rating during the season. So it could be that Big Papi is injured, or got injured at some point during the year that caused his ratings to drop that significantly. Or he could be playing horribly.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-08-2015, 12:23 PM   #94
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
In season progression/regression happens based on performance and I'm 99% sure they mentioned that injuries now effect a players rating during the season. So it could be that Big Papi is injured, or got injured at some point during the year that caused his ratings to drop that significantly. Or he could be playing horribly.
To kind of piggy back off this. Luis also mentioned regression wont have steep drop offs like the last 2 years. They also moved the age back in which a player starts to regress (I think before it was around age 34-36), He also used RA Dickey as an example of a guy in his 40's won't regress as quickly (20-30 point drop off the last 2 years) or at all if he plays well.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 03-08-2015 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:35 PM   #95
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Man oh man this makes me question if i'm gonna carry over my save...

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2015, 02:12 PM   #96
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4

When they went through the teams in the last stream, there were no over 35yo players in any teams top10. Koji is another example, he is also not in RedSox top 10 players in that screenshot I had posted.

Also Big Papi is on a hot streak on that screenshot...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »