Home

MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players For Each Team

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players For Each Team within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-07-2015, 08:54 PM   #81
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players For Each Team

I was just looking at the Tigers' ratings and noticed something... Why is Verlander a year older than Cabrera? They were both born in '83 (Verlander in February, Cabrera in April). Is this just because Cabrera hasn't had his birthday yet in the game?

(Also the reason I bring this up is I'm 100% sure that I've seen Verlander and Cabrera both retire in the same year during the offseason in franchises of mine, and they should be the same age at that point, but Verlander is still shown as a year older.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2015, 09:11 PM   #82
Rookie

CubsWillRiseAgain's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
That's what I said as well. The fact that Baez is rated higher than Soler leaves me wondering if the person doing the ratings has ever watche either of those players bat/play.
it kind of amazes me too that they undervalue soler as much as they do. he slaughtered the ball all year including in the majors in september.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:32 PM   #83
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

In my experience playing The Show. It seems like overall numbers mean very little.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-07-2015, 09:36 PM   #84
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Could be my bias but my Mets players gotta be higher. Duda hit 30 hrs last year, Lagares won a Gold Glove, Murphy was an All Star. Yet none of them were in the top 10 at their position
Old 03-07-2015, 09:52 PM   #85
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Could be my bias but my Mets players gotta be higher. Duda hit 30 hrs last year, Lagares won a Gold Glove, Murphy was an All Star. Yet none of them were in the top 10 at their position
I'm as much of a Met fan as anyone....none of those guys are top 10. Duda is closest.....but at a pretty stacked position.
Is he really better than...?

Miguel Cabrera
Paul Goldschmidt
Jose Abreu
Joey Votto
Freddie Freeman
Edwin Encarnacion
Anthony Rizzo
Mike Napoli
Adrian Gonzalez
Carlos Santana
(that's MLB Networks top 10)

...and while you can make a case for Lagares as a premier defensive CF...his offensive output puts him behind the 8 ball as far as the leagues best CF'ers.
Maybe this year if he breaks out a bit....

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2015, 12:55 AM   #86
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
On the other hand, Hamilton may simply not be as good at stealing bases as first thought. Of course all defenses will be alert, but it still takes a throw to get that 99 speed guy. If I apply your thinking to all players, you could say so-and-so doesn't bat higher because he doesn't get pitches to hit, but we think he's a better hitter so let's give him a 99 for contact. Show me the numbers and I'm with you. I don't care what hitters or pitchers do in the minors, I care what they do in the majors. Now don't get me wrong, I realize that there has to be some basis for rookies, and the minors has to be used, but once they are in the majors, then that's what matters most to me. I'm sure the defenses in the minors knew about Hamilton, but this is the majors.

With Stanton, if he's that slow, 57 speed, it shouldn't take the same kind of throw to get him out. Catchers who can throw out a speedster like Hamilton, should be able to nail a "slowpoke" like Stanton. 13-1 is pretty darn good for a 57 speed guy.
I was just making a general statement about what goes in into rating players in the area of base stealing. It wasn't even my opinion about how things should be.

I'm not gonna repeat the same argument that I've written a couple times for you already about how using minor league stats is a compromise, yet still much better compromise than rating a player based on some suggestion from someone who insists on only using MLB stats even when they are not sufficiently informative... due to lack of sample size... it's fine that's good enough for you, but we are not just discussing your preference here.

To me, a student's performance in 9th grade math class does have quite a bit of relevance to how he does in 10th grade math. And that's why many people would use that sort of information, if available.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:11 AM   #87
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4

can't say I'm impressed. Ortiz became a 79 by the AllStar Break from 88 starting the season. Players should regress/progress in the offseason because this way a player who was 88 starting the season might become useless by the end of the season.

Why not progress/regress during the season based on performance +/- 5 overall and make the big jump during the offseason. Don't like this progression/regression system...

Az én iPad készülékemről küldve a Tapatalk segítségével
Old 03-08-2015, 07:02 AM   #88
Pro

Detroitfan4life1993's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswithbats
I was just looking at the Tigers' ratings and noticed something... Why is Verlander a year older than Cabrera? They were both born in '83 (Verlander in February, Cabrera in April). Is this just because Cabrera hasn't had his birthday yet in the game?

(Also the reason I bring this up is I'm 100% sure that I've seen Verlander and Cabrera both retire in the same year during the offseason in franchises of mine, and they should be the same age at that point, but Verlander is still shown as a year older.)
As you said Verlanders' birthday is in February and Cabrera's is in April. The show comes out a month before Miggy's birthday. They wouldn't be able to update Cabrera's age before the game comes out.

Last edited by Detroitfan4life1993; 03-08-2015 at 07:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »