Home

MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players For Each Team

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players For Each Team within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-06-2015, 11:15 PM   #49
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players For Each Team

I always wondered if having overall player rating were a bad thing. Would it be better to not have that and just have their season stats let you decide their overall worth? I mean it could still have arm strength 84 and speed 67 and so on if needed.
How many people turned down a trade in franchise mode, because you got offered a player who was 77 to your player was, say 82? If it didn't have that rating you could see that maybe your player is having a down year but the one they are offering has a lot of hits, and has some pop in his bat and has a few more home runs, and is on pace for a career high, would you be more inclined to talk that offer, instead of just seeing that 77 and being turned off wanting a higher number?
Old 03-06-2015, 11:37 PM   #50

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Ah the player ratings reveal, my 2nd favorite day behind release day for The Show. Some of the over reactions to some of the ratings are funny.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:49 PM   #51
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Looks like the Twins are going to be the lowest rated team. So they will be my team until the OSFM comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2015, 12:04 AM   #52
Just started!

OVR: 0
So your telling me that Pedro Alvarez is rated under 77??? That's crazy
Old 03-07-2015, 12:08 AM   #53
Rookie

zbundy3's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hec_bx
So your telling me that Pedro Alvarez is rated under 77??? That's crazy
Not that crazy. I think he is a 74 or 75 with good power numbers, poor contact, vision, and fielding, which is about where I would put him right now.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:09 AM   #54
Puck Dynasty

soxnut1018's Arena

OVR: 8

I like how people get upset with overall ratings despite having no idea how they are formed. Also, if you are going to make a case that player X is better than player Y, at least have some stats to back it up. And not some cherry picked small sample size stat or a flat out awful stat (I'm looking at you pitcher wins).
Old 03-07-2015, 12:33 AM   #55
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Personally, I don't really lose much sleep over OVRs, but people have to remember that OS'ers and hardcore fans are not the entire universe of people who play MLBTS. In fact, OS is just a small (but vocal) group of MLBTS fans. OVRs are really useful for more ****** fans who've maybe heard of just 10-15 players in the entire league. So, some folks can get a quick opinion on a player from an OVR without poring over stats and individual ratings for hours--and spend more time playing the game. For people more like me who enjoy spending time looking at stats and individual ratings, I just know to not pay OVR much attention at all.

I think the thing that is most frustrating about OVRs is the bias it brings out in people. Fan of TEAM X says, "how could you rate PLAYER Y on TEAM X so low!?!" and they are 99% of the time just being homers for their team.

Honestly, I think that SCEA looks to have done a decent job with ratings from what I've seen and I am happy to see their ratings finally trending more closely toward the Hybrid rosters where the 90+ OVRs are few and far in between. They've gone from twenty-seven 99 OVRs to just 3 in a short timeframe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2015, 06:47 AM   #56
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20
Marcus Stroman from the Jays might be the biggest miss to me. I get he's young but the kid is easily high 70s to low 80s already.

Also, B potential for Mookie Betts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »