Home

Earning Badges in NBA 2K15

This is a discussion on Earning Badges in NBA 2K15 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2015, 08:59 PM   #473
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Earning Badges in NBA 2K15

I am so irritated right now. Still working on 'Acrobat' and I can't get the remaining change of direction layups. A month ago I could do them no problem, now I can't even do them in the practice gym. I've tried everything, don't even say double tap this or that because that didn't f'ing work. I'm running out of season and would like to work on 4 other badges.

Oh, speaking of running out of season. I'm trying to tank a game against the Bulls in the conference finals so I can stretch 7 games. I was throwing full courters with 2 minutes left and they couldn't make up a 5 point deficit. We won by 1 point. 2K rigs games and it bothers me.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:19 PM   #474
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
I am so irritated right now. Still working on 'Acrobat' and I can't get the remaining change of direction layups. A month ago I could do them no problem, now I can't even do them in the practice gym. I've tried everything, don't even say double tap this or that because that didn't f'ing work. I'm running out of season and would like to work on 4 other badges.

Oh, speaking of running out of season. I'm trying to tank a game against the Bulls in the conference finals so I can stretch 7 games. I was throwing full courters with 2 minutes left and they couldn't make up a 5 point deficit. We won by 1 point. 2K rigs games and it bothers me.
When you go for a layup spaz that right stick
Old 03-05-2015, 11:11 PM   #475
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Double tapping the shoot button definitely works. Try to to dunk or whatever and just tap the X (X1) again. Spam it if you'd like in the air.

The other alternative is using the shot stick. I find the button easier but the shot stick let's you control where you'd like to switch the layup. The hardest parts is getting the reverses off. The changing shot in midair is the easiest thing ever because I believe you don't even have to make them.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2015, 07:09 AM   #476
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

I appreciate the information, but I've been doing all of these. I've been sitting on my 15 reverses for a couple games and only need 2 change of shots. I don't know if it has something to do with already reaching my 15 and now it insists on being more difficult, I have no idea.

I've tried using the shot stick and rotating it (half, full, back & forth, up/ down, all over, quick to slow, slow to quick, slow/ slow, quick/ quick). I've used the shoot button (X for me). I've tried X (quick/ quick, slow slow, slow/ quick, quick, slow, waiting till my player is in the apex of their shot, doing it immediately into their shot). I've tried it on dunks, layups, baselines, euros, spin layins, I've unequiped dunks all together. I've added only basic dunks. Tried it on guard layups, and on Westbrook layups.

What dunk packages and layup packages are people using? My only thought is I need a very specific animation to allow time for the change of direction.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:48 AM   #477
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Earning Badges in NBA 2K15

I am sorry lol, I can't believe you're having such a hard time switching up your shot. Specially after you've been doing them.

IMO, you should equip your dunks back. The longer the animation the better because it gives you more time to switch up your shot. Change from Westbrook layup and get like the guard layup package. It doesn't really matter, but Westbrooks layup is hard to change up because it's very fast. But just add some dunks like tomahawks and cockback dunks. And just go to practice and again and act like you're going for a dunk holding turbo and X and then start spamming Xwhen you go in the air. Some animations just won't let you change it up though.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 03-06-2015, 09:31 AM   #478
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I am sorry lol, I can't believe you're having such a hard time switching up your shot. Specially after you've been doing them.

IMO, you should equip your dunks back. The longer the animation the better because it gives you more time to switch up your shot. Change from Westbrook layup and get like the guard layup package. It doesn't really matter, but Westbrooks layup is hard to change up because it's very fast. But just add some dunks like tomahawks and cockback dunks. And just go to practice and again and act like you're going for a dunk holding turbo and X and then start spamming Xwhen you go in the air. Some animations just won't let you change it up though.
Yeah, I'm thinking I may have to equip uber tomahawk again. I took it off because it get's chasedown blocked so often online. That's the only thing I can think would make the difference.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:03 AM   #479
Rookie

What jrocc said, change to a slow layup package and u'll have it in no time.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:08 AM   #480
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

When I got Acrobat on 6 different careers I was using the Jordan layup, never took off my dunks and double tapped the square button for the changeups. Don't know what else to say but I know how frustrating it can be.
Kansas State Wildcats

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »