Home

MLB 15 The Show Anticipated Features

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Anticipated Features within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-05-2015, 07:16 PM   #9
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15 The Show Anticipated Features

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
directional hitting definitely is a step in the right direction but it feels like too much of a guessing game. have you seen how pro yakyuu spirits hitting works? it is incredible. http://youtu.be/yu5YStaUlSg?t=5m40s
Yeah I have seen the hitting in that game. Don't get your hopes up for the exact same thing because I saw on these forums a couple weeks ago that the dev who focuses on hitting mechanics for The Show doesn't really like that mechanic (I forgot the explanation why, if there is one).

Real hitting is a little bit of a guessing game though. Like Chris said in the first stream, if you set up and are thinking for a pitch inside, you'll almost never be able to hit for a fastball on the outside corner
Old 03-05-2015, 07:30 PM   #10
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
directional hitting definitely is a step in the right direction but it feels like too much of a guessing game. have you seen how pro yakyuu spirits hitting works? it is incredible. http://youtu.be/yu5YStaUlSg?t=5m40s
From playing Pro Yakyuu it feels like a modified zone with auto-aiming. The batting cursor is much smaller, but it feels as if it sucks the cursor towards the pitch. I'm sure there were difficulty settings I missed, but I never really got it to where I wanted it. The Pawapuro and MLB Power Pros had similar hitting (Konami after all). I like the hitting in Pro Yakyuu, but it feels similar to Zone, just easier to make contact due to the cursor speed I feel. In The Show you often overshoot where you want to aim due to the sensitivity of the Zone cursor.

Actually my ideal control scheme would be the new directional hitting + Zone. I hope they try and revisit this again next year, but some combination of aiming a cursor and also having extra influence on which direction to hit the ball would be my ideal choice. I want the difficulty of zone, but I also would like to set my influence before the pitch.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:33 PM   #11
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I am anticipating the whole game, but as for new features it has to be the improvements to the franchise mode. Really looking forward to how contracts, trades, radio show, and how everything else works.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 07:53 PM   #12
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I am anticipating the whole game, but as for new features it has to be the improvements to the franchise mode. Really looking forward to how contracts, trades, radio show, and how everything else works.
I feel the same way. The only thing I don't really like about GM contracts is if you complete all the season goals but fail at the contract goal you will be fired no matter what.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:56 PM   #13
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
From playing Pro Yakyuu it feels like a modified zone with auto-aiming. The batting cursor is much smaller, but it feels as if it sucks the cursor towards the pitch. I'm sure there were difficulty settings I missed, but I never really got it to where I wanted it. The Pawapuro and MLB Power Pros had similar hitting (Konami after all). I like the hitting in Pro Yakyuu, but it feels similar to Zone, just easier to make contact due to the cursor speed I feel. In The Show you often overshoot where you want to aim due to the sensitivity of the Zone cursor.

Actually my ideal control scheme would be the new directional hitting + Zone. I hope they try and revisit this again next year, but some combination of aiming a cursor and also having extra influence on which direction to hit the ball would be my ideal choice. I want the difficulty of zone, but I also would like to set my influence before the pitch.
That would be sweet. directional and zone. i just wish the zone more resembled an actual bat (ken griffey anyone?) instead of this perfect circle brakcet thing.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:01 PM   #14
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1

This is more in line with the lighting mentioned in the article, but I am most excited about the new colors. It's extremely accurate and really adds to the realism of it all. The colors were so off in MLB 14 it ruined it for me in some ballparks.

Another interesting thing that I noticed is the dirt starts off dark (from being watered) and becomes lighter as the game progresses. That mixed with the degradation of it really adds to the immersion. Especially considering the dirt really didn't change at all throughout the game last year.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:02 PM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I feel the same way. The only thing I don't really like about GM contracts is if you complete all the season goals but fail at the contract goal you will be fired no matter what.
Yeah I'll turn GM Contracts off. I have no desire to play as any other team but my Cardinals.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 08:11 PM   #16
Banned

The lighting intrigues me. I have a question,is it going to more gradual going from twilight at the beginning of a game to full nighttime? It seems like it didn't take very long to go to complete dark in the Show 14. When you go to a real Majore League baseball game it doesn't get completely dark that fast. The Radio Show seems pretty cool,but I feel like it's going to get repetitive at some point,it always seems do that in these highlight shows. I loved the Madden that had the Tony Bruno show! It was great,but it got repetitive after awhile. What worries me is one of the Shows biggest problem has been the commentating. That has been very bad for years now,every year they say it's improved,but then you start playing a game and you can tell right away it really hasn't improved,maybe a few new lines are added,but then they start getting very repetitive fast,so my outlook for the radio show isn't very high.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »