Home

MLB 15 The Show "Character Artists" Stream Recap

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show "Character Artists" Stream Recap within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-05-2015, 11:23 AM   #73
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show "Character Artists" Stream Recap

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Just wondering I thought when they got on the ps4 we would possibly be able to see the real team colors in the player edit screen instead of the standard show colors ? Just not a priority ? Thanks to anyone who can answer this .

Oh and has Quick counts been redone ? all counts are 1-1 now ? so how it played last year has been rewritten ?
Not having the Team Colours in Player Edit is annoying as hell. Having to jump in and out of Batting Practice to see if the changes looks right while editing a RTTS Players is extrememly tedious and time consuming. Though with the qucker load times, it should be substantially faster .

Last edited by Stolm; 03-05-2015 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:33 AM   #74
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Just wait till 3/31 and that first week of release.

Just wait. This is nothing. LOL.
I will probably have to stay away from the boards for a couple weeks after release. Let the insanity pass, then carefully come back lol
Old 03-05-2015, 11:47 AM   #75
Rookie

Goose158's Arena

OVR: 4

"The developers travel to spring training sites to capture minor leaguers' faces before they are called up to the majors."

So this means we will have face scans for Bryant, Kang, Castillo, Tomas Etc., when they are called up. If so this is awesome and I am surprised that it isnt getting more mention.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 11:53 AM   #76
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose158
"The developers travel to spring training sites to capture minor leaguers' faces before they are called up to the majors."

So this means we will have face scans for Bryant, Kang, Castillo, Tomas Etc., when they are called up. If so this is awesome and I am surprised that it isnt getting more mention.
No. If they get called up (and only if the were scanned) they'll have a face scan for MLB 16. Not 15.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:58 AM   #77
Rookie

Goose158's Arena

That doesn't really make sense, but I wonder if Russell can comment on this. If they are going around scanning faces why wouldn't they use them when players are added via roster update in 15.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:01 PM   #78
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose158
That doesn't really make sense, but I wonder if Russell can comment on this. If they are going around scanning faces why wouldn't they use them when players are added via roster update in 15.
They already explained it in one of the streams. Their head files are very large and can't be added during a roster update. Facial scans for the game are always done in Spring Training the previous year.

Example: MLB 16 The Show's facial scans are done this spring training.
MLB 15 scans were done spring training 2014.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 03-05-2015 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:04 PM   #79
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
I will probably have to stay away from the boards for a couple weeks after release. Let the insanity pass, then carefully come back lol
Typically The Show Sub Forum has always been one of if the best ones at OS. And IMO it continues to be. However around this time and upon release it has increasingly become littered with more and more troll like posts.

I am always for good constructive discussion. It is what drives the developers of the game to make improvements and additions to the game.

What is starting to gnaw at some members who frequent The Show Forum here is the incessant and juvenile whining and complaining (pissing contests too to boot) that the game has not been changed much since 2006 which I call complete and utter BS on. Hell from 2009 till now it has changed so much for the better. It's almost night and day from an on the field game play perspective. And off the field this year will bring even more improvements and enhancements to franchise mode. I thought 14 brought some great enahncements. And let's not forget the amazing new features over the last 3 iterations:

Ball Physics - HUGE!!!!

Quick Counts

Y2Y saves

Better scouting interface

Better player training interface

Analog controls

Score ticker (this is huge so subtle yet so huge to my immersion with the game)

Animations vastly improved

CPU AI at the plate - chasing pitches, etc HUGE.

So many little things built upon a solid foundation. There is a reason this game has such a dedicated, die hard following. The developers understand they have a great engine and have just been adding, enhancing and improving.

If it is not broken....do not fix it.

It's the best sports game on the market with the most accessible team I have ever seen.

The noise will pass, the firestorm of release will come and go. And those of us who love this game will continue to hang out, share stories, share settings, make rosters and keep The Show's spirit as the best baseball game ever made, alive and well.

25 days people!!!
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)
Coming soon:
CFB 25 (PS5)
Madden 25 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 03-05-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:12 PM   #80
Banned

^^^^^^^

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »