Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Live Gameplay with Senior A.I. Programmer

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Live Gameplay with Senior A.I. Programmer within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2015, 11:36 AM   #193
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Live Gameplay with Senior A.I. Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
When you played with close plays on last year did you feel you were at a disadvantage? If anything now you have the ability to correct some blown calls that went against you. With close plays on last year was the CPU affected?
Why wouldn't the CPU have been affected by having close plays on in 14?
Old 03-05-2015, 11:43 AM   #194
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
I don't know the details about everything. I think the shadows and everything are very much improved though. The lighting in general is.

I'm pretty sure that clouds always moved, but it was after a pitch or batter. Now you can just sit there, do nothing, and watch them move I believe. Not 100% sure on those though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No doubt it is improved... It looks amazing.

I just recall seeing clouds moving and shadows shifting in previous iterations (not sure if they removed that from PS4 last year). I'm going to go boot up and see for myself!

Maybe I was seeing things
Old 03-05-2015, 11:46 AM   #195
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Why wouldn't the CPU have been affected by having close plays on in 14?
Again, this is my point. I felt last year the CPU was screwed with bad calls just as much as the user. This year doesn't seem to be the case because, as Woodweaver clearly stated, the AI doesn't make wrong calls for the CPU, only for the user, which is why the Challenges system is implemented only for the user. How exactly is this fair or realistic at all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 11:49 AM   #196
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
You are correct I think.

In MLB 14 The Show the clouds only moved after each pitch where as now in 15 they actually move in real time
This made me think, are we going to see the clocks in the stadiums change time in real time too? Forever its been only after an at bat and an inning did the clocks and sky change.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:58 AM   #197
Banned

HouseKeepinItReal's Arena

OVR: 2
Unhappy Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Live Gameplay with Senior A.I. Programmer

the diving does not look fixed. the game looks great. the menus remind me of 13. it looks like they just alternate between themes while incorporating new features.

I appreciate the explanations for missing aspects of the game.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:59 AM   #198
Rookie

zbundy3's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
Again, this is my point. I felt last year the CPU was screwed with bad calls just as much as the user. This year doesn't seem to be the case because, as Woodweaver clearly stated, the AI doesn't make wrong calls for the CPU, only for the user, which is why the Challenges system is implemented only for the user. How exactly is this fair or realistic at all?
I just don't see a big deal in it personally. The only fielding calls that are different between the user and computer are the calls at first base, and this doesn't happen very often but watching all of the streams and it has only happened once. When it does happen you can challenge it. Everything else, the game doesn't know if you are a user or the computer.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:17 PM   #199
Banned

Go Yankees's Arena

OVR: 0

I complained about the challenge system as have several others, it seems alot of the responses are rude and trying to make me and other people on here to be completely oblivious to facts, and the fact is the challenge system is broke, i like posting in these threads but its a huge turn off when OS elites attack just because they dont like someone's opinion, even though that opinion is fact, to anyone reading this that doesn't think the challenge system is broken.... prove its not completely broken, i have heard nothing but bandaid solutions to the problem, i hate to compare, but if a football game in 2k5 can have correct challenges then 10 years later it should be implemented in the show, i cant make video games but i know when something is broken. Thanks
Old 03-05-2015, 12:24 PM   #200
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Yankees
and the fact is the challenge system is broke,
Not to be a jerk, but the game hasn't yet come out, you haven't played it yet, you haven't seen first hand how the challenge system works. Therefore you CAN NOT say it is broke, much less say it is FACT that it is broke. And if you think you can, that's just ignorance. (I'll admit, I am human and I will occasionally throw outlandish, unsubstantiated thoughts out there, but I can't allow myself or someone else to make judgement on something they've never experienced).

Last edited by A_Quiet_Pro; 03-05-2015 at 12:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »