Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Live Gameplay with Senior A.I. Programmer

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Live Gameplay with Senior A.I. Programmer within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-04-2015, 08:36 PM   #185
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Live Gameplay with Senior A.I. Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Agreed. It's just that some of the heavily crowd-oriented cutscenes got really bogged down last year, which detracted from the experience.
True, but the presentation comes second in my mind in terms of the framerate. I want to see the ball coming in at 60 fps, if they can get that down at every stadium from the default catcher view then I will be very happy. Everything beyond that would be gravy.

If you want to experience The Show at 60 or near 60 fps, wait for certain batter walkups where the batter takes up most of the screen. There were several last year where I muttered to myself "I wish the whole game looked like this".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2015, 09:34 PM   #186
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Here's a good example of the risk that comes with charging a hard hit ball in the outfield, courtesy of Rymer Liriano in today's M's vs Padres game:

Anybody see much of this in the game? It would certainly deter the CPU's aggressiveness on hard hit balls. Same thing with the CPU fielding balls off the wall on the run then subsequently running into the wall, there should be a risk of the ball getting by.
Saw Justin Upton's bomb on TV. Also saw Choi break his shin too. Tough break for him. No pun intended.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:52 AM   #187
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

With player emotion animations,are there any player specific/unique animations or is it only a few different fist pump type animations.

I liked the replay when kirby hit the 3 run dbl,showed the whole field and stayed with the shot for awhile showing the runners advancing,don't think i have seen that replay before.

The shots/post pitch shots of the stadium look great,hope there's a good variety for each stadium.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:02 AM   #188
MVP

OVR: 18

I keep hearing different things related to presentation (Clouds moving, shadows moving during games) that the devs keep claiming are "new" things to the game this year.

Did I miss something or were these removed from the PS4 version last year?
Old 03-05-2015, 10:30 AM   #189
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
I keep hearing different things related to presentation (Clouds moving, shadows moving during games) that the devs keep claiming are "new" things to the game this year.

I don't know the details about everything. I think the shadows and everything are very much improved though. The lighting in general is.

I'm pretty sure that clouds always moved, but it was after a pitch or batter. Now you can just sit there, do nothing, and watch them move I believe. Not 100% sure on those though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2015, 10:39 AM   #190
Rookie

hunterdawgs10's Arena

In the stream the shadows never made it on to the field. Was this a mid summer game? I don't know much about Busch Stadium so maybe this is normal.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:51 AM   #191
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

I believe what you're thinking about is when they were commenting on how the sunlight reflects off the pitcher's back (when applicable) during his delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 11:27 AM   #192
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
I don't know the details about everything. I think the shadows and everything are very much improved though. The lighting in general is.

I'm pretty sure that clouds always moved, but it was after a pitch or batter. Now you can just sit there, do nothing, and watch them move I believe. Not 100% sure on those though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are correct I think.

In MLB 14 The Show the clouds only moved after each pitch where as now in 15 they actually move in real time

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »