Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Live Gameplay with Senior A.I. Programmer

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Live Gameplay with Senior A.I. Programmer within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2015, 01:27 PM   #113
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Live Gameplay with Senior A.I. Programmer

Kirby hits with pitchers about as well as I seem to during my franchise.

I am way more selective with them and work the counts and then use contact and defend the plate. My pitchers are constantly drawing walks or reaching base via the hit.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:30 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 0
I would so want to take on Kirby in this game. I hope the devs give us a chance to do so after launch lol.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:30 PM   #115

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
This is what's bothering me about the CPU not making challenges. Woodweaver himself said the AI gets the right call. But the user doesn't? How is this fair? The CPU always gets the right call, but the user has to know when the umpire gets the call wrong to use their challenges? And if we choose not to challenge a play and the call was wrong, we as the user are stuck with the wrong call, but the CPU never is? This doesn't seem fair at all. And, in year's past, the developers always said the game cannot differentiate between which team is the user and which team is the CPU. This doesn't seem true this year based on this challenge logic?

You don't choose anything.

Challenges are done automatically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2015, 01:37 PM   #116
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You don't choose anything.

Challenges are done automatically.
I think the automation comes in the form of whether or not the game allows you to challenge, though. It won't automatically challenge for you if you don't want to lose your challenge, of course. As I see it, we simply can't will our manager out there on our own.

Anyone remember 2K6 when you could argue calls? That was kind of fun. You got to try and argue by tapping A/X or something and keep it within a certain meter so your team could get a morale boost and your manager wouldn't be ejected. I forget if the game prompted when we wanted to argue as well. I believe it did.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-04-2015, 01:42 PM   #117
MLB Lead Animator

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
A little of a nitpick but the bat flip after a swing and strike/foul tip is a bit annoying. Seeing it too many times in the game. I hope they tone this down in future iterations of the game.
Someone else on here mentioned this as well, and I agree.

I just added those anims to the list to recapture for next year and add more variety.

Thanks for the input.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:42 PM   #118
Banned

Go Yankees's Arena

OVR: 0

YOU as the user have the option to challenge the call or not, it just happens after the computer decides you can challenge, there seems to be alot of misleading info in some of these threads, im not sure why.

Last edited by Go Yankees; 03-04-2015 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:43 PM   #119
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
All I have left to see is what Wrigley looks like in the game this year. They showed off Busch last stream so why not Wrigley since that is probably the most drastic change from last year.
I'm afraid there's some bad news in regards to Wrigley...

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 03-04-2015, 01:46 PM   #120

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I think the automation comes in the form of whether or not the game allows you to challenge, though. It won't automatically challenge for you if you don't want to lose your challenge, of course. As I see it, we simply can't will our manager out there on our own.

Anyone remember 2K6 when you could argue calls? That was kind of fun. You got to try and argue by tapping A/X or something and keep it within a certain meter so your team could get a morale boost and your manager wouldn't be ejected. I forget if the game prompted when we wanted to argue as well. I believe it did.

Sweet thanks. I've been completely misunderstanding it and I've asked several times lol. I was thinking it was 100% cosmetic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »