Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Live Gameplay with Senior A.I. Programmer

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Live Gameplay with Senior A.I. Programmer within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2015, 11:59 AM   #105
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Live Gameplay with Senior A.I. Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
They talked about jumping catches....and doing that manually in the infield is really really hard.
I agree, and would add that all jumping and diving catches and stops are hard to execute on manual (assist) fielding. But when you make that perfect jumping catch on a liner, diving stop on a grounder, diving grab in the outfield, or the highlight reel wall climb catch to rob a homer, it feels oooh, so good...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2015, 12:00 PM   #106
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Something that has bothered me from the streams is that I am having a hard time telling when batters are fouling off balls at the plate.

Hoping that it is just because I am not playing myself, but the way the camera is setup and the post pitch reactions I cannot get a grasp on a swing and a miss versus a foul back or out of play when the camera doesn't follow the ball.

Not sure if it is just me or if others have had the same issues.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:02 PM   #107
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Thats good news. Honestly, it should be removed. Or maybe 1 in 100 throws over he throws it away...but not in the stands! It just does not happen as currently reflected in MLB14.

C
Leave it in, make it much, much less frequent, and change it to a ball in the dirt that skips past the first baseman (since in real life, most throw-aways on pick offs at first base are of this variety). Yeah, the launch into the crowd rarely ever happens in real life.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:39 PM   #108
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Something that has bothered me from the streams is that I am having a hard time telling when batters are fouling off balls at the plate.

Hoping that it is just because I am not playing myself, but the way the camera is setup and the post pitch reactions I cannot get a grasp on a swing and a miss versus a foul back or out of play when the camera doesn't follow the ball.

Not sure if it is just me or if others have had the same issues.
I thought that too but then also realized that you would hear the sound of the bat on a foul if you were playing yourself with the sound more amplified then watching the stream.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:41 PM   #109
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
I thought that too but then also realized that you would hear the sound of the bat on a foul if you were playing yourself with the sound more amplified then watching the stream.
That is true and a good point.

And the stuff fouled into the dirt is easy to pick up on. Just wished that it was more prevalent on the line drives hit back to the net and what not.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:10 PM   #110
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
This could be really simple. Put a randomizer in its decision making. The game knows when to trigger the event. When it's on the CPU side you randomize whether they challenge the call.

Unless they haven't coded in bad calls purposefully for the CPU side. Then it's more work than I'm describing.
This is what's bothering me about the CPU not making challenges. Woodweaver himself said the AI gets the right call. But the user doesn't? How is this fair? The CPU always gets the right call, but the user has to know when the umpire gets the call wrong to use their challenges? And if we choose not to challenge a play and the call was wrong, we as the user are stuck with the wrong call, but the CPU never is? This doesn't seem fair at all. And, in year's past, the developers always said the game cannot differentiate between which team is the user and which team is the CPU. This doesn't seem true this year based on this challenge logic?
Old 03-04-2015, 01:14 PM   #111
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

All I have left to see is what Wrigley looks like in the game this year. They showed off Busch last stream so why not Wrigley since that is probably the most drastic change from last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2015, 01:21 PM   #112
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
All I have left to see is what Wrigley looks like in the game this year. They showed off Busch last stream so why not Wrigley since that is probably the most drastic change from last year.
Personally I'd like to see if there were any color corrections made to Chase Field (though they have explained why the wall colors were different for their games in the past, I'm curious if their new algorithm has addressed this). Of course, it would be a bigger thing to look at if they had the closed roof, but that's not in this year.

So I'd agree, either Wrigley or maybe PETCO Park with the outfield/bullpen/scoreboard changes, plus the new-look Padres. Heck, they can square off against the new-look Cubs.

Whatever the case, let's see an 11:00 or 4:00 start!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »