Home

MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Edition, Pre-Order Details, Canadian Cover Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Edition, Pre-Order Details, Canadian Cover Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-02-2015, 03:27 PM   #137
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Edition, Pre-Order Details, Canadian Cover Revea

This finally is available for release day shipping in my location on Amazon. If anyone else was waiting on this to change for your location too, you might go check.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:00 AM   #138
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Edition, Pre-Order Details, Canadian Cover Revea

Maybe it's just me, but why would I want to just download the game, instead of having a physical copy? If I don't have a physical copy, I can't play the game anywhere else except at my house. Not that I travel around with it, but still.........
Old 03-03-2015, 11:06 AM   #139
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
Maybe it's just me, but why would I want to just download the game, instead of having a physical copy? If I don't have a physical copy, I can't play the game anywhere else except at my house. Not that I travel around with it, but still.........
For me it is about being able to start the game anytime without needing to swap discs. So if I have a copy of Bloodborne or some other game in the drive I can jump to MLB without swapping discs. MLB is a game I will keep going back to all year. The only other reason for a physical copy is trade in value but that is usually so small by the time next years game is released that I don't bother.

And I have no idea what I will use my stubs for. I can't decide.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:17 AM   #140
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
For me it is about being able to start the game anytime without needing to swap discs. So if I have a copy of Bloodborne or some other game in the drive I can jump to MLB without swapping discs. MLB is a game I will keep going back to all year. The only other reason for a physical copy is trade in value but that is usually so small by the time next years game is released that I don't bother.

And I have no idea what I will use my stubs for. I can't decide.
I hear ya. It's a good reason. I've considered it myself, but I thought you never know, if I want to take the game somewhere to play it, I can't.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #141
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I hear ya. It's a good reason. I've considered it myself, but I thought you never know, if I want to take the game somewhere to play it, I can't.
So you mean if you take it to someone else's console? Like a friend's or relative's home? Because if that's what you mean, you have to remember that you their console still needs to download the game, even if it's a disk. I recently re-downloaded MLB 14 to see how long it took and it was almost a whole day
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2015, 01:22 PM   #142
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
So you mean if you take it to someone else's console? Like a friend's or relative's home? Because if that's what you mean, you have to remember that you their console still needs to download the game, even if it's a disk. I recently re-downloaded MLB 14 to see how long it took and it was almost a whole day
Yeah that's what I mean. Wow a whole day? I actually got MLB 14 for Christmas with my new PS4, and the game download was only like a half hour. A whole day sounds crazy to me.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:34 PM   #143
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Yeah that's what I mean. Wow a whole day? I actually got MLB 14 for Christmas with my new PS4, and the game download was only like a half hour. A whole day sounds crazy to me.
Well it was a digital download and I was playing other games. I'm still not sure if digital downloads take longer than disks, but I guess they do.

I just go digital with The Show because there's only like $10 in trade in value around this time of year (when I would sell it). I'd rather not take the $10 so I never have to switch the disk because I'll play this most days anyway.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:58 PM   #144
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
Well it was a digital download and I was playing other games. I'm still not sure if digital downloads take longer than disks, but I guess they do.

I just go digital with The Show because there's only like $10 in trade in value around this time of year (when I would sell it). I'd rather not take the $10 so I never have to switch the disk because I'll play this most days anyway.

Downloads take significantly longer in general. It depends on your internet connection.

The disks are almost always done downloading or are at least playable in less than a minute.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »