Home

MLB 15 The Show Stream: Character Artists Deep Dive and a Full Game

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Stream: Character Artists Deep Dive and a Full Game within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-03-2015, 11:37 AM   #81
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB 15 The Show Stream: Character Artists Deep Dive and a Full Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by nydteaton
Since this was the stream that dealt with art and player models/characteristics I was wondering if Ramone or SLAB, or anyone else who has been present at the fans presentations pre release, could answer my question?

Has it ever been mentioned or considered to get to a point where players can have hair and/or facial hair that changes throughout a franchise. Think Ben Wallace in the early 2000's NBA 2K series, his hair would randomly change from cornrows to afro and vice versa.

It would be kinda like dynamic weather but with hair. For example there are certain players who will begin to grow out their stubble or a full beard come playoff time or players who have long hair but may cut it short only to grow it out again.

Now obviously this is not a priority seeing as how it would only truly be visible to players who play deep into a franchise. I'm sure I'm not the first to have this idea but I've always wished that one day developers could get to a point where this level of realism is possible and maybe even possible to see players age or hair start to grey or thin out for a play who plays 10 or 15+ seasons (this is a wish for all sports games but would be most visible in NBA or MLB less in NHL and NFL games due to the equipment worn over the head).

What do you guys think? Any chance outside of a pipe dream?

I am not speaking for anyone but my own thoughts....

I would like to see this as well...BUT

1. I know facial hair and such is hand drawn so technology would have to improve.

2. I don't know if SCEA can legally change a players likeness in a game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2015, 11:41 AM   #82
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
LOL, most of that has been Ramone mashing through, out of frustration.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk
yea I know, lol just joking around
Old 03-03-2015, 11:59 AM   #83
Rookie

nydteaton's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I am not speaking for anyone but my own thoughts....

I would like to see this as well...BUT

1. I know facial hair and such is hand drawn so technology would have to improve.

2. I don't know if SCEA can legally change a players likeness in a game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree with both of your points, I guess it would have to be a guy could have a clean shaven face or full beard (wouldn't be a the most realistic but would still be semi immersive).

And your second point I imagine is 100% true
Old 03-03-2015, 12:07 PM   #84
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm loving this new uniform logic. There won't be a need for the uniform tables this year because it should be accurate in the game.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-03-2015, 12:09 PM   #85
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
some true presentation gameplay would be nice and not having to see button mashing through every cutscene lmao
Maybe the reason they skip though the presentation is because there really is not anything new to show off to you guys. Not being funny but Just play MLB 14,13 12,11 The Show and so on and you pretty much have seen what MLB 15 The Show presentation has in store for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2015, 12:13 PM   #86
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Maybe the reason they skip though the presentation is because there really is not anything new to show off to you guys. Not being funny but Just play MLB 14,13 12,11 The Show and so on and you pretty much have seen what MLB 15 The Show presentation has in store for you.
The only one who's been skipping through cutscenes is Ramone because he's a "button-masher." I'm the same way, once you get into a habit of it, it's hard to stop. They've shown other gameplay without skipping though, and there's definitely some new presentations. It doesn't look like a huge overhaul though like so many people here want
Old 03-03-2015, 12:39 PM   #87
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
BS..... http://www.operationsports.com/featu...ow-fact-sheet/
Presentation Improvements
(PS4)
  • Dynamic stat based presentations
  • Split screen functionality
  • Real-time situational/emotional AI scenes (dugouts, crowd, etc.)
  • All-new Jumbotron movies
  • More Team and Player celebrations
Play-by-Play, Commentary, and PA Improvements
(PS3 & PS4 Only)

• New batter introductions and pitch result content for the new skip batter walkup system (speeds up gameplay, tightens play-by-play)
  • New system for handling safe result calls that includes proper acknowledgement of the runner’s slide type
  • New conversations with color commentary that remember and discuss the team’s recent record
  • New PA batter introductions and content for the new Home Run Derby format
  • New batter introductions that call out the three part stat line for Average, Home Runs, and RBI’s on the year
6. More than 900 new presentation animations
Old 03-03-2015, 12:42 PM   #88
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
BS..... http://www.operationsports.com/featu...ow-fact-sheet/
Presentation Improvements
(PS4)
  • Dynamic stat based presentations
  • Split screen functionality
  • Real-time situational/emotional AI scenes (dugouts, crowd, etc.)
  • All-new Jumbotron movies
  • More Team and Player celebrations
Play-by-Play, Commentary, and PA Improvements
(PS3 & PS4 Only)

• New batter introductions and pitch result content for the new skip batter walkup system (speeds up gameplay, tightens play-by-play)
  • New system for handling safe result calls that includes proper acknowledgement of the runner’s slide type
  • New conversations with color commentary that remember and discuss the team’s recent record
  • New PA batter introductions and content for the new Home Run Derby format
  • New batter introductions that call out the three part stat line for Average, Home Runs, and RBI’s on the year
6. More than 900 new presentation animations

All that sounds nice on paper but we are not seeing it in these videos. Well maybe some of you are but I am not that's for sure. Again I do not hate the current presentation I just think it got old and needs a pretty big refresh.

The best thing that I can see that was added to the presentation for 15 is the new "Inside The Show" feature which I think has a lot of potential. But that is just an audio presentation feature. What I am looing for is more of a visually presentation upgrade!

Last edited by tnixen; 03-03-2015 at 12:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »