Home

MLB 15 The Show Stream: Character Artists Deep Dive and a Full Game

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Stream: Character Artists Deep Dive and a Full Game within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-03-2015, 01:28 AM   #49
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 15 The Show Stream: Character Artists Deep Dive and a Full Game

You know what guys! They don't have to give us any insights on what it takes for this product to come together. We're sold already. Some of us for 10 years. They're the only legitimate baseball video game around, unless RBI really step's up their game. I don't see Madden sharing as much with us and no they don't have too. But it would be nice..

Thank you SCEA for sharing with us...
Old 03-03-2015, 01:40 AM   #50
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I noticed that Javier Baze was rated somewhere in the 70's while Jorge Soler wasn't on the screen (so obviously lower than Baez). All I can say about that is... well... um, NO.

I'm glad we can change ratings. Baez needs a plate discipline rating of -40.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 03-03-2015, 01:51 AM   #51
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I noticed that Javier Baze was rated somewhere in the 70's while Jorge Soler wasn't on the screen (so obviously lower than Baez). All I can say about that is... well... um, NO.

While I don't disagree with you being a Cubs fan myself. Both played on very small sample sizes and up until they even saw action in the majors most baseball circles still saw Baez as the better prospect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2015, 02:18 AM   #52
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
While I don't disagree with you being a Cubs fan myself. Both played on very small sample sizes and up until they even saw action in the majors most baseball circles still saw Baez as the better prospect.
They're completely different and hard to compare. Soler is a high floor, medium ceiling guy who could make a couple of All Star teams as a lone team representative type. Baez is a very low floor, high ceiling type. He could play 2-3 years, fail miserably, and be out of baseball by 28 or he could be the next guy to hit 50 HRs in a season.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:37 AM   #53
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39

You do realize that was in the middle of franchise mode so Soler could very well be injured, traded, or in AAA?

Also, the ratings have different coefficients and values based on position. For example; arm strength will be taken more into consideration at RF rather than 2b. 2b has some of the lowest values for defense. Wong has some of the worst plate discipline and had some of the worst numbers, offensively for the entire season last year, but he is an 81 overall (which is higher than Matt Carpenter at 80 overall and the guy was top 5 in MVP voting last year). This does not mean Wong is better than Carp on the game or anything. Carp can also play 2b, but Wong has the typical 2b traits like speed, steal, etc which probably gives him the overall rating advantage.

For the millionth time....overall attributes mean very little. It is up to the user in what you value and put stock into.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:37 AM   #54
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

This game looks beautiful.

The new pitcher motions look soooooo good. I don't think SCEA realizes how ugly the old pitching animations look nowadays. When Blevins was pitching...yuck. Two streams ago, when Hammel was pitching...yuck. Compare it to Bumgarner, Strasburg, Sale etc.

Also Bryce Harper needs a hair and beard update. His beard looks really bad compared to Werth, Roark, Mcgehee, etc. And he atleast needs a fade, even though he's currently rocking a manbun.

Spoiler

Edit: Nvm he has a mohawk or something now in spring training. Either way SCEA won't update players hair and beard now for this game.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:11 AM   #55
Rookie

CubsWillRiseAgain's Arena

OVR: 0

I think you all are underestimating Soler. He has a huge ceiling, and even played well in September last year. There has never been a question with his huge talent, just health
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2015, 08:08 AM   #56
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

My favorite screen I captured from the stream. You can just feel the atmosphere of the ballpark, majestic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg erere.jpg (60.7 KB, 262 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »