Home

MLB 15 The Show: Franchise Mode Stream Full Recap/Notes

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Franchise Mode Stream Full Recap/Notes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-02-2015, 07:02 PM   #137
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Franchise Mode Stream Full Recap/Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
The Marlins moved to Miami (their old stadium was not in Miami). The Atlanta Braves are in the process of moving out of Atlanta. In both cases, the team moved from one location to another. That's exactly what relocation means.

I don't really understand how this is debatable?

Unless by "relocation," Slab meant "relocation to another country."
Yes they are technically relocating. But its not like when the Expos moved to DC. The teams are still going to be called the same thing and will still be in about the same area.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:04 PM   #138
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
The Marlins moved to Miami (their old stadium was not in Miami). The Atlanta Braves are in the process of moving out of Atlanta. In both cases, the team moved from one location to another. That's exactly what relocation means.

That is called changing venues and building a new stadium.

Relocation means the team leaves the current area entirely.

I think you are going to be pretty much alone in your definition and viewpoint on the meanings here (or anywhere else).

There are certain costs and applications that must be acquired for a team to even consider a relocation in sports. Securing a brand new facility and moving into that is a far less intensive endeavor.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:16 PM   #139
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:

You are technically right (as in the team is in a different location than before), but missing the point entirely.

Do you really think people asking for relocation are talking about moving from one suburb to the next?

I can only imagine the outrage when SCEA announces all new franchise feature for 16: Relocation! and people find out that, while you can't actually move your franchise with any significance, you can negotiate a better financial deal by switching to a different suburb.

This really seems like arguing semantics just for the sake of it.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:20 PM   #140
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Yes they are technically relocating. But its not like when the Expos moved to DC. The teams are still going to be called the same thing and will still be in about the same area.
This conversation is about people wanting to build a stadium, right?

So what difference does it make if the team moves across country, to a new country or even across town. Let alone change their name.

These examples all involve new stadiums which is what CAS people want (Note: I personally could care less about the feature, myself. It happens so infrequently in real life that I personally would find it a waste of resources).
Old 03-02-2015, 07:21 PM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 0
It be cool if you could make your franchise like the old college hoops 2k8 dynasties where it was like a career mode and to start out you could only use struggling teams and would have to work your way up to the Giants of the league
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2015, 07:21 PM   #142
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

So by that logic, every team that's built a new stadium is a relocation. Or the Angels changing their name 20 times lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Yeah, I personally don't want to relocate any current team into a future, fantasy location, but I do wish MLB would let the Rangers be moved back to DC & only DC. The Natinals back to Montreal & only Montreal. The Twins back to DC & only DC. The A's back to KC & Philly & only KC & Philly. The Braves back to Milwaukee & Boston & only Milwaukee & Boston. For classic created roster reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
That is a lot of "& only's"!
Lol, I was thinking the same thing... interestingly, as far as relocations go, Montreal is the only city that has lost a franchise, and not got another later.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 03-02-2015, 07:22 PM   #143
Pro

OVR: 24

Sorry for dragging this out, this will be last post on it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
That is called changing venues and building a new stadium.

Relocation means the team leaves the current area entirely.

No changing venues and building a stadium is what the Mets and Yankees did. The new stadium is walking distance to the old.

The Braves and Marlins are in a entirely new neighborhood, in an entirely new zip code, with an entirely new Mayor. Both teams moved (or are moving) at least 25 minutes away. That means an entirely new segment of people to market to. There are people that will no longer attend Braves/Marlins games, because the stadium is way too far away. There are also people that will now attend them, because the stadium is far closer.

It's exactly the same dynamic as with the Nationals. The same class of economic and demographic analysis required. All three teams had to weigh the risks and rewards with the new market and evaluate the new location.

I know I come off as anal here but when you consider the above it's quite inaccurate to say only one team has relocated in the last whatever years, and it's equally inaccurate to imply that only the Nationals' case required any "relocation-type thinking".

The subject at hand is someone asking for relocation in MLB The Show. They didn't ask for relocation to a different time zone, or a different country. Just relocation.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:33 PM   #144
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMalone2010
It be cool if you could make your franchise like the old college hoops 2k8 dynasties where it was like a career mode and to start out you could only use struggling teams and would have to work your way up to the Giants of the league
That is exactly the way I was going to play one of my franchise's. I am going to pick the worst rated team and start a franchise with GM mode on. Then I will try to work my up to the number one team. Think it will be a lot of fun and hoping I will play as some teams I would never play.

Baseball is Better

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »