Home

MLB 15 The Show: Franchise Mode Stream Full Recap/Notes

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Franchise Mode Stream Full Recap/Notes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-02-2015, 09:31 AM   #105

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Franchise Mode Stream Full Recap/Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
You technically can. Just edit their contract. Its up to you to not screw the player over though. Im sure we can use the franchise update thread to ask if something is a realistic contact.

Contracts cannot be edited once your franchise is started.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2015, 10:02 AM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 0
I love it so far from what I'm seeing on the streams. Only thing I would be interested in for future installments (besides Single A ball) is to have an option at the end of the season where each team can "send" two of their highly rated prospects to either the Arizona league or Dominican league. Not to actually have playable games in these leagues but give a +1 or +2 to the stats that the players are training in once the season ends. I feel like that would be interesting because it gives the prospects (or even older players in the minors like Santana did this past year) a way to improve some stats and stay on top of current strategies and work out with younger guys. Just a thought though. Either way I already pre-ordered and can't wait for 15
Old 03-02-2015, 10:16 AM   #107
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corymach7
SCEA, you've lost a customer for not allowing relocation of any franchises. I WON'T buy MLB 15: The Show. Being only GM in franchise sucks.
You do understand that this is one of the rules SCEA has to follow from the MLB. They are absolutely not allowed to put in a relocation of franchises. It's not that they just decided to leave it out of their game. They're required to.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:27 AM   #108
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corymach7
SCEA, you've lost a customer for not allowing relocation of any franchises. I WON'T buy MLB 15: The Show. Being only GM in franchise sucks.
This isn't up to SCEA. This is an MLB rule.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-02-2015, 10:29 AM   #109
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

I'm probably in the minority, but I actually like the way they did the contract negotiations this year where you can only sign them in the offseason. It adds a little more difficulty to the game.

Also, I'm not really excited about the Radio Show after listening to it in the stream. I mean it's a great idea, but I don't want to hear the final score of every single game, every single week. I'll throw myself through a window.

I want to hear baseball ANALYSIS as well as having them talk about baseball news around the league, transaction, social media, and injury info. I then want to hear a few callers dial in and give their comments about a certain team or certain player, or something that happened like a major signing, a major trade, or a major injury. Kind of the way 98.5 The Sports Hub does it here in Boston.

Hearing a recap of every game's final score, every single week is not exactly what I had in mind. But I do applaud them for atleast putting this in and trying.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 03-02-2015 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:36 AM   #110
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I'm probably in the minority, but I actually like the way they did the contract negotiations this year where you can only sign them in the offseason. It adds a little more difficulty to the game.

Also, I'm not really excited about the Radio Show after listening to it in the stream. I mean it's a great idea, but I don't want to hear the final score of every single game, every single week. I'll throw myself through a window.

I want to hear baseball ANALYSIS as well as having them talk about baseball news around the league, transaction, social media, and injury info. I then want to hear a few callers dial in and give their comments about a certain team or certain player, or something that happened like a major signing, a major trade, or a major injury. Kind of the way 98.5 The Sports Hub does it here in Boston.

Hearing a recap of every game's final score, every single week is not exactly what I had in mind. But I do applaud them for atleast putting this in and trying.
The radio show is going to be different each day, and is going to be more than just scores. They are going to talk about players who have reached milestones, injuries, who is hot and cold. If someone is cold, and has a good game they will talk about that, if someone is hot and has an off day it will be mentioned. It will be much more than just scores. And even if it was, it'd be fine by me. I go through and manually look at all of the daily scores from every team anyway. Now I can just listen to it.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-02-2015, 10:39 AM   #111
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04

When they traded Ellsbury right before the deadline and then simmed to the next day you could hear the radio show start talking about it a little.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2015, 10:45 AM   #112
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
The radio show is going to be different each day, and is going to be more than just scores. They are going to talk about players who have reached milestones, injuries, who is hot and cold. If someone is cold, and has a good game they will talk about that, if someone is hot and has an off day it will be mentioned. It will be much more than just scores. And even if it was, it'd be fine by me. I go through and manually look at all of the daily scores from every team anyway. Now I can just listen to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
When they traded Ellsbury right before the deadline and then simmed to the next day you could hear the radio show start talking about it a little.
I hear you guys and appreciate the responses. And I do know that they will talk about some other things, but what I found to be off-putting was that they went through every final score in every game, every week. I don't mind going through a few scores of maybe some big games, but not every single game.

Again I'm in the minority about this and i'm ok with that. Still looking forward to a great game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »