Home

MLB 15 The Show: Franchise Mode Stream Full Recap/Notes

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Franchise Mode Stream Full Recap/Notes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-01-2015, 08:16 PM   #81
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Franchise Mode Stream Full Recap/Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
The only reason I could see it having any benefit for me would be if there was an expansion mode (or relocation) but even then I don't get deep enough with regards to multiple seasons for it to matter.

That said, now that we have carry over saves I could see it being something nice but even then it would pretty much be a one time thing.
I think it would be more beneficial for certain teams in franchise mode. We all know relocation/expansion isn't going to happen, but stadium builder would be nice especially for people using Tampa Bay or Oakland in franchise mode. Even beneficial for people that go deep into franchise mode (10 seasons or more). Idk if it is possible or not, but if SCEA can find a way to do what ASB did with fake expansion stadiums or future stadiums then I'm sure we could all live with that if stadium creator isn't feasible.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 03-01-2015 at 08:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2015, 08:25 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0

Stadium creator would be at its best if it allowed players to recreate (or get pretty close) the classic stadiums that SCEA says they'll never be able to put back in to the game.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:36 PM   #83
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14

I would just prefer random stadiums made by the designers over having CAS. I think there are many other things time should be invested in for the next few cycles other than CAS.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:37 PM   #84
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
The only reason I could see it having any benefit for me would be if there was an expansion mode (or relocation) but even then I don't get deep enough with regards to multiple seasons for it to matter.

That said, now that we have carry over saves I could see it being something nice but even then it would pretty much be a one time thing.
Agreed.

I also think that what people think they would be getting in a stadium editor/creator would never live up to what they are expecting or hoping for.

I know I would be turned off by not being able to have true-to-life exteriors and backdrops. A fake city would ruin the immersive factor instantly for me. Fake ads and not having total control over dimensions would drive me nuts.

Even the better stadium creators of the past were not nearly good enough for me to want to play in most of the time. It would take hours to nail down every little detail and then after about 5 games in that stadium I would hate it and pick a real stadium to play in instead.

Living in Florida now I make some rounds on the spring training circuit and the game does a decent job of replicating some of the features of those parks, but they are generic enough that I end up wanting to sim spring training after looking at the same generic parks all of the time. Creating another generic park with even less detail is not something that I have much interest in.

Now my web-based uniform creator, that is a whole other story ha.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:39 PM   #85
Rookie

WINdians's Arena

OVR: 0
Glad to see the Tribe in the playoffs when doing the Yankees season sim. But i was horrified when you advanced seasons and Kluber was on the Yankees, PLEASE NO. Can't wait though the game looks great and the improvements are a welcomed change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2015, 08:43 PM   #86
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I really hope that they fine tuned the generated players. I do not want to see every other players with corn rows and multi colored equipment.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:55 PM   #87
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Cardinals fans would.
I was going to rebut this, but then I remembered that you're right.

I can't believe some of the Facebook comments I read.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #88
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

I think SCEA should focus on getting closed roofed versions of the stadiums that need it before even considering create-a-stadium.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »