Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2015, 03:49 AM   #161
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

not that it matters much, but everyone else notice Andrew Miller pic with a big beard for the Yankees?? I guess that shows they can Photoshop pics into the hats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 04:16 AM   #162
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blersheta7
not that it matters much, but everyone else notice Andrew Miller pic with a big beard for the Yankees?? I guess that shows they can Photoshop pics into the hats
Ill assume you are talking about them doing it for when you trade a player and he gets a cyber face. Not sure anyone ever said they COULDN'T do it. More like they dont have the time to take 750+ players and Photoshop 30 hats on them. Not to mention that would be 22,500+ pictures. Seems like it would take up quite a bit of resources.

Last edited by HozAndMoose; 02-27-2015 at 04:22 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:34 AM   #163
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blersheta7
It may be shopped, but this is typical when players moves to a new team. MLB.com seems to update quite quickly. The devs may or may not be doing the shop work on the player mugshots, but this has been going on for a long time. The Show devs might be provided resources to work with as well, similar to how the media get's access to certain resources to use.

What people doubt is that they can have an automated system to do so in game or if they would make 30 version of each player. They've gotten updated hat mugshots in the game before in past years as well.

Different sites do it differently and quality varies widely.

MLB.com
Spoiler

ESPN
Spoiler

Yahoo
Spoiler

Last edited by MrOldboy; 02-27-2015 at 04:42 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:50 AM   #164
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I'll give SCEA the benefit of the doubt on the radio show, I think they've earned that. But if it's like that every time, I'll be turning it off after two games.
I thought it was better than i expected and as good as i hoped it would be.
It all flowed well and had enough flavor added to most game descriptions rather than the generic team name/result like how FIFA does it.

Be interesting to see what they add to it in the future,maybe a "inside the show" player of the week/month or some pbp of big moments/milestones like what we get in The Show's menu's.

Just glad they went with this rather than the social media path nba2k took.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:10 AM   #165
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Ill assume you are talking about them doing it for when you trade a player and he gets a cyber face. Not sure anyone ever said they COULDN'T do it. More like they dont have the time to take 750+ players and Photoshop 30 hats on them. Not to mention that would be 22,500+ pictures. Seems like it would take up quite a bit of resources.

No I am talking about the real pic of Andrew Miller, considering that Yankees don't have beards in pictures it had to of been photoshopped somehow, no idea what he looks like in the game though hopefully no beard. and if he switched to another team his generic pic wouldn't have a beard then I am guessing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 06:26 AM   #166
MVP

I cannot tell you how much better pbp is, just by adding a ton of Matt doing the count before a pitch or saying, "here's the pitch." That little detail makes a huge difference, and for those who didn't notice, listen really good, now it happens almost every time! Kirby said that was one of the first things he changed when he took over, so I'm very pumped about the years to come!
Old 02-27-2015, 06:35 AM   #167
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Im working on YouTube now. Cant watch the archives on PS4.
What do you meen? I don't understand. Sorry.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:08 AM   #168
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

Props to Nick for laying the wood to Ramone
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »