Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-26-2015, 10:20 PM   #89
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

Shout out to Russell for going off the cuff there for a quick 9 innings..good stuff guys!
Old 02-26-2015, 10:24 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 0
only thing missing is the 2 team store signs on the warehouse and the opening day American ribbons down the warehouse if you had time to add would be great!
Old 02-26-2015, 10:34 PM   #91
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
You edit contracts in the roster on home screen. You can't do it inside franchise or else you would "break" the budgets. Every team starts with about 10 million surplus. If you edited inside a franchise the teams would be in the hole.
I get that, but to me, this is a "so what" kind of problem. In other words, if someone "breaks" their franchise by doing that, then that's on them. Now, I understand the potential for underlying logic issues for the game itself, but I don't see why it can't eventually be allowed with either a) having to correct for budgets in the off season (if underlying logic isn't an issue) b) putting a limit in place (i.e. not allowing editing that "breaks budgets) or c) simply having it disable budgets if selected (similar to how selecting Roster Control disables all that stuff).

It's the first year and a nice addition either way, so I'm not crying foul or anything, but the whole "it might break such-and-such" argument for inclusion/omission of features is the kind of thing people have been railing against the Madden team about for years. Hopefully it can be implemented in-season for the future in some form or fashion.

In any case, for now, I'm just glad it's in at all.

EDIT: To clarify (since I don't want anyone to think I'm being a party pooper ) I'm not complaining about the setup nor am I pretending to know the underlying programming concerns, issues of priority, etc. So I understand completely that there may indeed be plenty of reasons for it not to make franchise as an option, especially in the early stages. I'm only addressing the notion of "X might break Y" that is often brought up in such instances of user customization. IMO, while it's a legit concern, it's one of the more navigable ones.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 02-26-2015 at 10:45 PM. Reason: clarification
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2015, 10:39 PM   #92
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

Wish it showed a bit more info in the league update/notables tile besides just W/L/S, top batter for each side would have been nice.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:43 PM   #93
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

So some guys don't retire right away obviously. Arod didn't retire until 2017. Almost in his mid 40's by that time.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:44 PM   #94
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I get that, but to me, this is a "so what" kind of problem. In other words, if someone "breaks" their franchise by doing that, then that's on them. Now, I understand the potential for underlying logic issues for the game itself, but I don't see why it can't eventually be allowed with either a) having to correct for budgets in the off season (if underlying logic isn't an issue) b) putting a limit in place (i.e. not allowing editing that "breaks budgets) or c) simply having it disable budgets if selected (similar to how selecting Roster Control disables all that stuff).

It's the first year and a nice addition either way, so I'm not crying foul or anything, but the whole "it might break such-and-such" argument for inclusion/omission of features is the kind of thing people have been railing against the Madden team about for years. Hopefully it can be implemented in-season for the future in some form or fashion.

Yeah this is all exactly how I feel as well. Its a nice add but there was certainly easy ways to have it added in to an actual franchise to allow more realism.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:45 PM   #95

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605

I agree with your point and went back and forth with myself before deciding to comment but I don't really see the issue with it.

To me the editable contracts biggest benefits is to recreate contracts for the initial rosters that are incorrect. After a franchise is started there isn't really a reason to edit future contracts since they are done post "real life contracts."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2015, 10:48 PM   #96
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

the radio show i like i know it will be repetitive but its a good start

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »