Home

Which MLB Team is the Most Intriguing to Play As This Year? (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on Which MLB Team is the Most Intriguing to Play As This Year? (Roundtable) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2015, 06:54 PM   #81
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Which MLB Team is the Most Intriguing to Play As This Year? (Roundtable)

Man some people in here have some valid points that make me reconsider who I want to play my secondary franchise with. I'm a Giants fan so of course that will be my main...my other will be between

Angels, Marlins, White Sox, and Mariners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2015, 07:40 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
Man some people in here have some valid points that make me reconsider who I want to play my secondary franchise with. I'm a Giants fan so of course that will be my main...my other will be between

Angels, Marlins, White Sox, and Mariners.

As a fellow Giant fan, how can you possibly play as the Angels after 2002? Haha
Old 02-23-2015, 07:44 PM   #83
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90

Ah I know but I like Trout. Plus I was 12 at the time so it didn't effect me as much as something like that would now a days. Still hate those dang rally monkeys!

“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 02-23-2015, 10:53 PM   #84
Banned

slgrant's Arena

GO ASTROS!!!!! They will no longer be called the "LASTROS". We're young and will be the cinderella team this year.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:59 AM   #85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
None of this changes the fact that the Phillies are getting old and would be an excellent choice for a rebuilding project on TS. Although the 2 championships vs 1 isn't a very good point in your argument considering the Phillies have been around more than twice as long as KC.

When he says they're garbage, I believe he's only referring to their current state - it's not an attack on the organization's history.
Having two world championships in a organization that is very old make those two championships make them that more special! I 've been a Diehard Phillies fan since the 70s,granted I've witnessed some pretty bad seasons,I'm tired of hearing people rip them and knocking them calling them looser franchise the worst ever! For a franchise that's been ripped by people forever,they have been in the postseason more then the Royals! When was the last time the Royals have been in the postseason before last season. Those 70s Phillies teams are some of the best teams in the history of baseball! They won three straight eastern division championships! Two of those teams had 101 wins in 1976 and 1977! Some of the greatest players in the history of baseball! Mike Schmidt,Richie Ashburn,Dick Allen to name a few and Steve Carlton arguably one of the greatest pitcher's of all time!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 11:14 AM   #86
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
I'm sure those 3 World Series Championships since the 2002 WS Game 7 has gone a long way to ease that pain.
Maybe even enough for Giants fans to Be the Dodgers, instead of 'Beat L.A.'?
Old 02-24-2015, 12:41 PM   #87
Banned

I think the Cardinals always have an interesting. They've just done such a nice job of balancing homegrown talent with the right free agents. That said, San Diego is clearly the most interesting team to watch this season. I think they built themselves win now, and it will be fun to see if it works.

And as long as the AL has the DH, no AL team will ever be the most interesting team to use.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:59 PM   #88
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

Why are you so angry? The whole point of the conversation was that, in their current state, the Phillies would be a good team to use and attempt to rebuild. If you don't agree with that, well, don't. This thread isn't about discussing the history of franchises though, it's about who people want to use in '15 and why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
Having two world championships in a organization that is very old make those two championships make them that more special! I 've been a Diehard Phillies fan since the 70s,granted I've witnessed some pretty bad seasons,I'm tired of hearing people rip them and knocking them calling them looser franchise the worst ever! For a franchise that's been ripped by people forever,they have been in the postseason more then the Royals! When was the last time the Royals have been in the postseason before last season. Those 70s Phillies teams are some of the best teams in the history of baseball! They won three straight eastern division championships! Two of those teams had 101 wins in 1976 and 1977! Some of the greatest players in the history of baseball! Mike Schmidt,Richie Ashburn,Dick Allen to name a few and Steve Carlton arguably one of the greatest pitcher's of all time!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »